
Today is Hannah's 16 month birthday... 6 months ago today I held her in my arms for the first time... Thank You Jesus for answered prayers.
Since I was a little girl I dreamed and prayed to hold my children in my arms. Not having children was the hardest thing I ever went through in my life. For years I grieved over the loss of my biological children and my adopted children.... there were times when I feared I would get pregnant and what if my husband wouldn't want to adopt... I couldn't bare the thought that my children would be out there waiting for me to find them and I never would..... But praise the Lord... God is on the throne... He has a perfect plan and He has brought my two little miracles safely home into my arms and I am oh, so thankful and oh, so blessed. I was 37 when I held my son in my arms for the first time.... He was 4 and a half. I was 41 the first time I held my daughter in my arms for the first time... She was 10 months old... He knew who my children were all along.... He created me for them, and He created them for me.... I do not know why the Lord chose for my children to be born in Russia and China from different birth parents. I only know they could not be more mine if I had given birth to them myself....
I cannot help but think of my Hannah MeiLin's birth mother today on her 16 month birthday.... I am certain her arms ache to hold the daughter our hearts share.... I pray she finds healing, comfort and peace in the arms of our Saviour Jesus.... Lord, Please bless the beautiful people who chose life and gave birth to my precious children.
God is faithful.... My cup runneth over.
Before I knew who my son was, I only knew he was in Russia, I wrote him this poem...
It now belongs to both of my children.... The Jewels of My Heart...

I think of you, my little one,
And find myself in awe...
You have captured my heart completely.
My arms ache to hold you.
I yearn to bring a smile to your sweet face.
To be given a lifetime of cherished moments
To let you know how special you are
And how deeply you are loved.
My eyes have not yet seen you
But my heart knows you oh so well.
You are mine, my miracle, my precious child.
And I am yours.
For God created you for me and me for you.
Jesus watches over you little one
As He leads me to you.
Across the ocean, through the miles
Into foreign lands to safely bring you home
Into my arms.

.jpg)
6 comments:
*sniff*
your children are so beautiful and that poem just about did me in...
It's great to see you comment on my blog and I'll visit your site more ofen.
What a beautiful poem, and your children are beautiful as well.
Beautiful.....just beautiful! You radiate love for your children! ;)
What a lovely, heartfelt post. Your poem is wonderful and you are truly blessed to have your two little jewels!!
As I am dabbing the tears, I can only but thank God that our e-paths have crossed. For the Lord has used you, my sister, to remind me once again that He has a plan for me. Though my eyes cannot see, my heart believes that one day I'll hold my little lamb in my arms.
Thank you!
Post a Comment