03 September 2007

Let It Rain....







Friday my daughter stood in the rain for the first time...
It was an overcast day. The kind where it feels like God is giving you a big hug... The clouds are big and fluffy and filled with rain. I love days like this... they are peaceful and somehow comforting. They make me want to watch old Carry Grant movies or listen to Billy Holiday or Patsy Cline.
I opened the back door and Hannah wanted to go out. At first I told her no. She really wanted out. The rain was falling softly, there wasn't any thunder or lightning, it was beautiful. I thought to myself... I have to tell my children "No" so often, why not say yes this time... So I let her walk out into the rain...
It was peaceful... the only sounds were the birds singing softly and the gentle rain falling on the trees... Hannah slowly stepped out into the rain. And stopped.... she just stood there, quietly. She had her head down as she stood still in the rain. It was one of the most peaceful times I have ever seen her... standing in the rain.
A few moments later she lifted her little hand up, savoring each drop as it fell softly on her hand. Standing oh, so still. She walked to where she could hold on to something and raised her tiny foot up to feel the raindrops on her toes... It was a moment frozen in time... as if there were a hush... over my daughter and over the world... Sweet, sweet memory.

19 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love it. Reminds me of when I let the kids play at the park not long ago in the rain. We were the only ones there and they had such fun. The pictures captured your Peep beautifully.

Journey to Lilly! said...

This is beautiful! How very preciousto watch your sweet baby explore the rain. Don't you widh you could stop time & stay in some moments?
blessings,
Kim

Calico Sky said...

Those have to be the cutest pictures I have ever seen!!!
Hope she forever has a fun time, singing in the rain!!!

Lauren said...

That is sooo cool! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE when it rains. IT IS SOOOO PEACEFUL!!!

Lisa said...

Precious photos. AC has asked to play in the rain and I have told her no. Reading your post makes me want to let her play in the rain next time. Thanks for the beautiful post.

insanemommy said...

Daleea, she looks so precious standing there in the rain. What a sweet moment for both of you.

Daniella said...

Awesome pictures - going out in the rain is one of our favorite things to do.

kerri said...

We should all feel the raindrops on our toes!!
I love to let my girls play in a summer rain.
love the photos, your an artist with a camera!!

insanemommy said...

you're in lights my dear...

Denna said...

What a beautiful post!!! That is so sweet.

Michelle said...

Beautiful post ... isn't it wonderful to live life through the eyes of our children. They have so much to teach us!

Beckyb said...

Oh - I love it!!! So fun!!!

Yoli said...

This is a beautiful post. I am so glad you captured the moment. I am glad you allowed the moment to happen, so many parents don't. Reading your words and watching those pictures sent such a feeling of peace through my soul. It is something primordial that all we human beings enjoy and sometimes forget. Thank you.

redmaryjanes said...

Pure magic. Everything to them is a miracle. It's sad how we lose that as we grow.

Lilly said...

She is so precious. That face....she could be a model baby. :)

Elizabeth said...

How sweet is that? I really love that she was out in the soft rain.
thanks for sharing those moments in photos. BTW, I've always wondered, how do you pronounce your name?

t~ said...

I absolutely loved reading that post. You captured the moment perfectly.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Elizabeth, it is hard to explaine in writing but this is the best I can do...
Da (the a has a soft A sound like "aboard") leea (has a long E sound like eel) and then the soft A sound at the end. lol Are you totaly confused now.
Sounds like..... Daaaaaa Leah

Nikki said...

I love moments like that...so glad you captured it.
Hannah is beautiful in the rain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...