To the birth mother of Ling Wu Qi, my Hannah MeiLin...
I will be forever indebted to you for the legacy you have given our daughter. A legacy of life, sacrifice and love. I will never know the depth of your sorrow. I will never know what you may have endured to bring our daughter into the world. She will always be ours... I held her only in my heart since I was a young girl... now she is in my arms. You carried her in your womb ... now hold her only in your heart.
I know as our daughter grows and I tell her of you I will be able to share with her with confidence that her birth mother loves her. For she was born in a land that did not welcome her. Perhaps with family members who forbade her entry into the world. If she was conceived after you already had a child you had to conceal your pregnancy to keep the government from ending her life. I cannot imagine how heartbroken and how frightened you must have been as you bundled her up and in the still of the night stole away to find a safe place to place her all the while knowing if you were caught you would be imprisoned, knowing you would never hold her in your arms again. You risked your life for her. This is the love of a mother for her beloved child.
If only I could reach out and comfort you. But alas all I can do is pray... I pray for you my dear sister. For our souls will forever be bonded by the love of our child. I pray God's sweet peace that surpasses all understanding will fall upon you like a gentle blanket. I pray that He will help you to know that our daughter is loved, cherished and happy. I pray that you know that she is my miracle and I love her with all of my being. I too would risk my life for her. I pray the Lord helps you to know that she is blessed and is living in a country where she is free... Free to grow up happy and healthy. Free to get married and bare and raise as many children as the Lord blesses her with. Free to learn about and worship the one and only true God, Jesus Christ. Oh, how I pray you know Him too.
Yes, I will tell her of you... I will tell her of your love for her, of your courage, of your goodness.
Your beauty shines through her... The depth of emotion in her beautiful eyes. Her sweetness as she places her little head on my lap to give me a hug. The joy of life is captured in her laughter. She is a thinker... she studies things with a deep understanding. I see you in her. You are beautiful.
One day I pray we three will be united in Heaven as we bow down before the King of Kings who is holding us in His loving hands. There will be tears of joy as you hold her in your arms again. There will be tears of joy as I am able to tell you in person, "Thank You... thank you for the gift of our daughter." For now I know that Jesus catches each tear that falls from your eyes and keeps them in a bottle. He knows your pain. For now I promise you that I will love her always, I will care for her and teach her and help her to DREAM... She will accomplish much in her life I am certain. She will touch so many hearts I know... Just look at her Mother...
May God bless you and keep you from harm's way.
Love,
Daleea
To all of my blogging friends. I started reading a book tonight. I am only on page 65 and had to stop and share. It is a novel, it is fiction, it is truth.... The characters are not real but what they face in their life is. I beg you, read this book. If for no other reason but for your daughter. I believe with all of my heart that my children's birth Mother's love them. But if you struggle with what to tell your child as they get old enough to understand. This book may help. Just the one chapter that is telling the story of a mother pregnant with her second child is enduring to bring her baby into the world.... it happens. The part where the Grandmother is speaking of a family member who gave birth to a daughter... the mother begging for her child's life while the father tells the Dr. "NO!" she cannot keep the baby, I need a son. The Dr. who places the new born baby............... I cannot bring myself to type what happens to the baby. You must read if for yourself. (although I am reminded of what happens to so many of our unborn and newborn children right here in America. So often well meaning people make derogatory comments that are directed at my children's birth mothers. And yet they are often the very same people who believe a woman has the right to choose to end her child's life just because the baby hasn't been born yet or because the baby's entire body has not come out of the mother's body. How very sad... How very tragic, for everyone involved. For the record... my children's birth mothers are heroes. )
The book is called Daughter of China by C. Hope Flinchbaugh
Lord, Jesus... please, please, bless the children. Lord, please protect them. Jesus, please help them.
9 comments:
Beautiful Post!
You gotta stop making me cry!
Sweet sweet post
Than you for sharing your heartfelt prayer. Thank you for the book title.
I too believe my chilren's birth mothers love them and chose to give them life. I also pray that we will all unite in heaven together, that each of their birthfamlies know the love of Christ and hear the promise of a savior and accept Him as their personal Lord. I pray God will get someone to each of them to tell them His promise.
Daleea - I did the ugly cry on Sheryl's site yesterday and now, I'm doing it here. What a beautifully heartfelt post. I think about Hannah's birthmother all the time - it is overwhelming to me to consider how she might feel, think, wonder. I pray the Lord will give her peace and comfort to know Hannah is loved beyond measure. At the beginning, I actually had guilt at the awesomeness that I got to share every day with her and there were loved ones missing this precious girl.
We are so blessed. Thanks for your prayer, may we all pray it...
Heather
Truly lovely post. I have the book, just haven't had a chance to sit down and read it. I would say "enjoy" but I don't know that the book is a feel good kind of book.
Thank you for your beautiful way with words.
rony
Beautiful! I will need to get that book:)
Kim
I just finished a mothers ordeal, sadly this one is not fiction, but based on true events.
It is shocking, heartbreaking, and reduces me to tears.
I share your sadness and your hope
Hayley
Your letter to Hannah's birth mother is such a gift to your precious daughter and to her mother. Thank you for putting into words how so many of us feel. I too pray that I can meet Ruby's mother in heaven to thank her for loving her baby so much that she left her in a safe place so she could have a chance at a better life. What an incredible day that will be. And, thank you for the heads up on that book. I too will check that out. Blessings to you!
Diana
Mothers of God, how wonderful to hear your hearts for your adopted children. This is C. Hope Flinchbaugh, author of Daughter of China. I must say that I am wondering if Hannah Mei Lin is named after the main character in my book? If not, I'm wondering where you found that name? It is a name the Lord gave me before I ever researched Chinese names.
China is said to have "eased" the one child policy in the cities but it's mostly enforced elsewhere. The parents usually end up paying gobs of money to keep a second child.
The precious daughters of China ... if you are interested, there is a sequel titled Across the China Sky released September 2006. I have the third sequel coming out in May 2008 titled I'll Cross the River mixing Mei Lin's first missionary journey with a story of a young mother and her children inside North Korea.
All the stories are based on true testimonies I've gathered.
I know of couples who adopted Chinese daughters after reading Daughter of China. One couple is living inside China to help with children like little Yatou and Zhu, hoping to be rescuers of those who are abandoned.
There are many stories. Feel free to visit me at www.seehope.com
I feel such beautiful hearts of love on this page.
God bless you all,
Hope
Post a Comment