.jpg)
Rony tagged me for this Christmas Memories Me Me....... so here I go... My memory is quite poor so this could be a challenge.
here are the rules:1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word. I'm assuming she means "magical"3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done.None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed.4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it. Got the rules?
1. One of my fondest memories is when we lived in Utah from my 4Th grade through most of my 8Th grade. It was the longest we lived anywhere when I was growing up. Anyway, Mom would pack a pic-nic lunch and a big thermos of Hot Chocolate. Dad would get the chain saw and we would stop at the Forrest Station at the edge of town. Pay our three dollars for our Christmas tree tag and head into the mountains to find the perfect tree. It would be an all day adventure as Mom and I would be on a quest to find just the right tree. Through the snow we would hike.... Mom and I would find a wonderful tree and Dad would get so frustrated with us telling us it was too big!!!! Mom and I would pout.... it didn't look very big, we didn't want a tiny Charlie Brown tree... Dad would try to explain to us that the tree we picked was at least 20 feet tall. We would never believe him because in a forest of 50 foot trees it looked quite small. Then we would pick out another one and it would have a split or double trunk. Dad would once again have to be the voice of logic and tell us no, keep looking. By the end of the day we would all be cold, tired and grumpy. "Just pick a tree!" the words of my Father.... so Mom and I would pick a little short one just to make him happy and we would pout all the way home.
Once home, it never failed...... our little, short tree would always have to be trimmed at least 2-4 feet in order for us to stand it up in our house.... hehee
2. I love EGG NOG!!!!
3. When we lived in Utah we always had a White Christmas....... oh, I miss that!
4. We would go ice skating and inner tubing.
5. I loved the Christmas that we spent all together with my cousins and Aunts and Uncle and Grandma. I miss being with my family.
6. Nicholas' first Christmas home was so special. He was almost 5 and the concept of gifts all wrapped up was amazing to him. When we went to the Christmas tree farm and brought a tree home to put into the house it blew his mind.
7. The gentleman at the tree farm gave Nicholas a little tree to put in his room the first two Christmases. He was so excited to decorate "Nicholas' tree."
8. I start listening to Christmas music on Thanksgiving all the way through to Christmas
9. The Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie is my favorite Christmas song.
10. I grew up watching all the old Christmas movies with my family.... White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Going My Way, the Bishop's Wife, etc..... I love old movies.
11. Hannah's first Christmas home was so special too. Her favorite part was the shiny wrapping paper.
12. I love that my children are home... they are no longer cold, hungry, alone or afraid... I love that they are with their family where they are loved and cherished.... I love how I have seen them blossom into the incredible boy and girl they are.
I am going to break the rules because I am so late in doing this post. But if anyone else wants to share... "Tag. You're it!"
![]() |
| Make a slideshow - it's easy! |

9 comments:
oh loved it! Thank you for sharing a part of your Christmas with us. I LOVED seeing Nicholas so anxious for Peep to open her gift, his restlessness, he is working SOOO hard on his self control and doing a WONDERFUL job! He is SUCH a handsome boy. He is so excited it just brings a smile to my face.
The blog looks great!
I am glad that your children are home too and I listen to Christmas music from Thanksgiving through Christmas too.
Hello. That was fun to read! Your daughter looks so much like mine. By seeing yours, I could picture what my daughter will look like at that age.How old is she? I also have a son from russia and now a daughter from China.
Blessings!
I just watched "Hannah's Video" and the tears just flowed. I loved the look on your's and your husbands face when she was placed in your arms. I also happen to be quite fond of the name Hannah as I have one myself (she's 5 mos):)
Too cute....loved seeing big brother help little sister with her gifts! ;)
Happy New Year to you and your family too!
Did I mention that the blog looks great?!?!? ;)
Beautiful memories, thanks for sharing.
I love the Nicholas tree, how special is that, his very own tree. :O)
Happy New Year, may you have many blessings in 2008.
I did not know you lived here in Utah! Cool. You are right, we usually have a COLD white Christmas- I love it! It is nice to stop and think about my memories at Christmas- it brings back warm memories to het up his cold wintry day!
Happy New Year 2008... also known as around here "the year of Tate"!
Lisa
I loved your list! Your children are precious but you have given them reason to love, and trust. What a great mommy you are.
Post a Comment