I like many of you have fallen deeply in love with the country of my daughter's birth... I have fallen in love with the land of China. With the splendor of it's beauty, with it's people...
My heart yearns to return one day.... to bring home my Isabella.... to take my Hannah back to the land that is part of her.... to explore the tapestry of the old, the new, the mountains, the rivers, the cities, the villages
and the people that are woven together painting a picture of
a culture like no other.... I long to give my daughter an opportunity to embrace her heritage.... to gain a deeper understanding of China's culture.
I miss this land of enchantment.....
As I visit blogs, I sometimes come upon beautiful pictures of China that someone has posted... I treasure each one. I learn from each one. I want to share them with my daughter when she gets older... This is part of who she is... I want her to know it...
I have created a new blog for all of us to share who love China.
If you would like to be a part of it.... to share favorite pictures, special stories of an experience I would love for you to email me with them... If you can include the information of what the pic is of, where it was taken, (city, province, etc) and also a picture of your child that was taken while you were in
China before they came home. Please include the province they were born in,
their name, their Chinese name if you like.
April is going to help me make the posts and we are going to try to make a way for you to be able to click on a province and see all of the related posts to that province and also a list by each province of the children born there.... please let me know if you would like me to put a link to your blog.
It is going to take a while to get it all up and running but there will be sidebar links for Recommended Reading; Adoption Fundraisers; Charitable organizations (Starfish, Half the Sky, etc.), Shopping.....
My vision for this is for it to be a place that we can share with our daughters and our sons who were born in this beautiful country. Learn from each other, and have one collective place to find the info, (books) etc that we saw on someone's post on their blog and now we can't remember who or where it was.....
For those of you waiting to travel to China for the first time.... I pray it will bless you to see, and learn more of the beauty of your child's birthplace...
A special thank you to April for finding some of the elements that I used in the blog design...
If you are interested please email us the info, and pics (please no more than 4 at a time) and pass it on to your friends..... it is going to be a beautiful place in BloggerVille for our daughters and sons to visit..... after all.... it is a part of them.
Here is the link to OUR BLOG...
18 comments:
Oh Daleea how great this will be, Although Heidy is from Guatemala and our next daughter will be from Ethiopia, China is very near to my heart!! Ther are little ones that I love dearly from there!! And of course the blog, The Thread to Mylee!! That is so important to me. I wish you the very very best with this endeavor!!
God bless you my friend!
Debbie
What a great idea Daleea, I think it's wonderful. I can't wait to experience this beautiful country for the first time and have something to contribute. :)
I love it!!!
Will be a visitor and I am sure I can find in my pictures something to contribute.
Great idea!! ;O)
Wow! What cay I say? What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to see all of the beautiful pictures.
What a wonderful idea!! I am so excited to see what this becomes!
I hope along the way I can contribute something meaningful as well.
Thanks you for doing it :)
I have to go e-mail this link to all my friends with children from China.......
lora
this is a great idea!:)
What a beautiful post and great idea!
Daleea,
This post struck right to my heart! I too, have a love for my dauhter's country and am fascinated with the culture. I day dream of going there all the time. I only went to Guangzhou, where everyone goes and do not have anything new to add, but I will follow the blog!
What a great idea!
Thanks for sharing it.
That sounds very cool! What a great idea.
Wow, what a wonderful idea...and how thoughtful of you (and April) to do this. Can't wait to visit it and learn more about this country before we travel to get our little girl. Thank you!
What a beautiful idea! I am very excited to watch this grow and would like to become a part of it. I will get some photos together of my daughters Province and our China trip very soon. Thank you for doing this! :)
I'll send you some pics....I'll try to do it this weekend.
Hugs....
I just want to say again "I love reading your blog"! You have been such an inspiration to me. I just wanted to say thanks. Hannah is too cute and Nicholas too! I think the China Forever In Our Hearts blog is a wonderful idea. I will try to contribute (if I can)! I also moved my blog to thejourneyofmyheart.blogspot.com and retired the bringingmaurahome.blogspot.com
God Bless and Thanks Again,
Keara
amazing and how extremely special ... what a treasure this will be ... i would love to be included ... i may take awhile for me to put something together 4 each girl, but i will get back to you... blessing 2 you and you know i am praying for sweet isabella and know that God has a plan ...
What an utterly TERRIFIC idea! I can't wait to click onto the new blog and check it out! (I'm going there just as soon as I finish this comment!)
~Monica
Daleea - I would love to be part of this - we share this love with you. This is a magnificent idea!!
Heather
What a wonderful idea! I can't wait to check it out. I'm headed over right now. You're little "jewel" is darling as always. I love the PINK!
Beth
Post a Comment