25 April 2008

Waiting......

" Waiting" this is the name of this original watercolor by Jeffrey Kirbey that I am bidding on for a very special auction taking place on ebay right now, until April, 29th. It is Love Without Boundaries annual auction to raise money for the orphans in China who are in need of immediate heart surgery.
If you click on the link above it will take you to their site where you can click on the link to go to the auction.
OK, first, I cannot tell you how much I want this painting.... I saw it and my heart stopped.... I thought of my precious Isabella lying in a crib somewhere, Waiting for me.... as we both Wait on the Lord to move the mountains to bring her home.... to even begin our journey to her.... I thought of all of the orphans around the world... Waiting... and my heart breaks.... crying out to God, "How can I help, Lord?" I so want my life to matter.... to make a difference.... to ease the suffering.... to make the world a more beautiful place in some small way... to serve the Lord.... to help others to know Him... to be a reflection of Jesus.....
Having said that.... I know we have all been trying to help where we can... and there have been a lot of fundraisers lately. However, this is not only an opportunity to help these little ones but to find yourself a special treasure as well, or a beautiful gift for someone.
This is such an important cause that even though I have fallen in love with this painting... even though I have the perfect place to hang it above my bedside table to remind me to stay the coarse and not give up on my Isabella and to keep the faith to bring my daughter home... I am willing to risk being outbid because even if I am outbid... that is OK too! If I could I would bid hundreds of dollars for it for I feel it is worth it and it will help save a child's life that already faces so many struggles and hardships.
Thanks for listening everyone and please go treasure hunting at the auction site..... just think.... you will be storing treasure in Heaven....
God Bless You and May God Bless the Children.

8 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Daleea, your post have spoken to my heart. I feel the same way too about wanting my life to matter because I did things to make the world a better place.
That is a beautiful painting. Very beautiful.

Paula said...

That is a beautiful painting. I am going to go over there right now and outbid you...JUST KIDDING
seriously, I can see why you like it, the child has very expressive eyes.

Paulette said...

Darleea

I think I found this pic on the LWB web sight and fell in love with it too. She just melts right into your heart. Hope I don't get my hand slapt for having her but it will be worth it. May be in a war with you....I'm on my way ; )

Debbie said...

I love the painting too!!! I hope you get it!!
What you said, about our lives mattering, is so true. I want to make a difference and the only way I can is through Jesus in my life!!

Debbie

mommy24treasures said...

I always look forward to the LWB auction. Its so wonderful to see so many work for the wonderful cause. LWB is very close to my heart. I sponsor through them, and am in love with my little girl 'Mary' ;)

Nikki said...

You know that our hearts are in the same place, Daleea...I think of you often and KNOW as you do that God will make a way for us!

That painting is beautiful, and haunting...

insanemommy said...

Well I know you're going to win the picture cuz I can't find it!!! lol.. Seriously.... What page of the auction? I won't outbid you. *wink* There are other items I'm considering. Plus, I have a tutu to pay for!

OH MY #6 said...

U are beautiful inside and out. Thank you for all you do!

Lea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...