16 May 2008

A Beautiful Day... part 2

the STRAWBERRY PATCH

I have always wanted to take my children to pick strawberries. On our beautiful day with Dan, Debbie, Ian and LiLi they invited us to go to the strawberry patch. When we got there I had to change Hannah's diaper and by the time Hannah and I walked to the patch the boys were long gone. I will have to get some pics from Debbie of Nicholas. lol
Peep had a grand time and did quite well... except for the fact that each time I found a big, juicy, bright red strawberry and showed it to her to pick she would squeeze the strawberry as she pulled it free.... by the end of our adventure she was covered in strawberry juice and her hands were bright red.... somehow it made our experience all the sweeter...
sneaking up on a big, ripe, strawberry...... (SQUEEZE)

When we took our bounty to the gentleman to be weighed I told him that I had a confession to make. Peep and I had eaten two strawberries so he needed to charge us for those as well.... he laughed and said, "Only two!" and happily informed me that eating them was half the fun and that there wasn't any charge on our sampling of the merchandise.


Poor Dan.... when it was time to go there was LiLi's bucket of berries and then there was the boy's bucket! They had picked a ton of berries!!! He kept saying something like, "What are we going to do with ALL THESE STRAWBERRIES?!!!" Debbie and I just laughed and thought it was cute that our tweens were so enthusiastic over their adventure.

20 comments:

kerri said...

Wonderful photos, can't wait for ours berries to be ripe(usually the middle of June?).
The last photo is adorable. ;)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Mmmmm......those look yummy! Lottie and Emma Jane would be in strawberry heaven! Great pics!

mommy24treasures said...

great pics Daleea! I love the one of Hannah eating:) I would love to take the kids somehwere like that!!! They would have so much fun!
Glad the boys had fun together too!
Have a wonderful Saturday:)

Debbie said...

Oh how fun!!! I love fresh strawberries!! What aborable pictures!

Debbie

OH MY #6 said...

how sweet.

Lea

Lisa and Tate said...

So much fun!!! I've been making fresh frozen strbry jam with all the great berries....

Nikki said...

How fun!!!!
We are planning on taking Lily strawberry picking next month...can't wait!

Love you girl!

redmaryjanes said...

I tell you, your two girls look so much alike. I have to look closely to tell them apart. What a wonderful adventure!

Kim said...

great photos! I can't wait to have strawberries...we are just now getting the white flowers...your pics make me hungry!

I've updated Jaiden's page finally if you'd like to take a peek please let me know what you think!

C's Mom said...

As always, adorable photos.

Anonymous said...

I Really liked the straberryu eating picture!!

ANDREEA said...

Thank you for your kind words,I have to say that you have a beautiful name:)
And I love your angels,they are sooo cute!!!!:))
God bless you!
ANDREEA

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!!! Amazing photo's I can't wait to read on.

Have a blessed night,

Krista

Heather said...

Love these pictures - if the weather would cooperate, I would be out there picking now, but it is cooooolllld!

Thanks for sharing the joy of your day, so beautiful.

Hugs,
Heather

prechrswife said...

Great pictures! I don't know if we even have a strawberry patch nearby here. Mary Joyce would love that, though.

Denise C said...

Oh what a precious day at the Strawberry Patch!!! Love these fabulous pictures!!!
Sweet Blessings!

Paula said...

How fun. I've never seen a stawberry picking place only blackberries. The pic of Hannah eating it is precious

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, I could just squeeze those little cheeks! Too cute! Wonderful pictures!

Monica

Lisa said...

Love the photos. The strawberries look wonderful. I wish we had a place around here to pick strawberries.

Flask of Oilers said...

Boy, those strawberries look yummy! Your children are beautiful. Thanks for the pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...