05 September 2008

Two Years Ago...


When I was a little girl... I dreamt of the day I would hold my daughter in my arms... How we would play and giggle together. How I would protect her, nurture, make her smile and let her know how she was loved.... oh, how she was loved. As the years passed I became an adult. Still no daughter, the years turned into decades. The depth of my heartache beyond mere words.
I thought the dream, the hope, the prayer of holding my daughter in my arms would be just that.... that it would never be realized... Then, Jesus answered my prayer, He gave me the oil of joy for mourning and beauty for ashes.... He gave me you....................
When I was a little girl Jesus already knew who you were, where you were, how long I would have to wait, He always knew. He knew that it would be His grace that would get me through as I waited to find you. He knew that His love would keep you safe for the first 10 months of your life with out me. He knew that 2 years ago today, as I walked down that hallway in Nanchang, China and saw your precious face for the first time in person as I looked through the doorway that my heart would not be able to contain the love I felt for you my child... for it is far bigger than I. It is far more pure than humanly possible. It is a glimpse of the Father's perfect agappe love... it is pure and holy and beautiful.
You are my heart. You are my joy. You are my answered prayer, my heart's desire, my miracle. You are my daughter.
Your favorite story for me to read to you is, "Guess How Much I Love You?" Oh, sweet Hannah MeiLin, you will never truly know the depth of Mama's love for you until you too one day hold your precious child in your arms... then we will share yet another cherished bond between us... you will look at me I am certain. With tears in your eyes at the realization of how deeply, how truly, how whole hearted a Mother loves....

I love you my precious daughter... oh, how I thank Jesus for you. I pray you walk with Him and love Him each and every day of your life. He will never leave you nor forsake you my Baby Love. And oh, the plans He has for you... It may be difficult to wait upon Him at times... of this I know. But I promise you that He is faithful and His timing is perfect! That the blessings He wants to bestow upon you are far greater than your mind and your heart can ever imagine... if you ever doubt this just look in the mirror... You will see the almighty and loving hand of God there in the most beautiful, precious face a Mother was ever blessed to hold...
Thank You Jesus for each and every moment in the last two years that I have been blessed with being able to kiss away her tears, hold her in my arms, bring a smile to her face, and make the world a happy and safe place. Thank you Jesus for my most beloved daughter...
You are faithful my Lord.... and she was oh, so worth the wait...
To the Mama's whose arms are aching to hold their children in their arms... Stay the coarse. He will give you beauty for ashes...
God's Speed



30 comments:

day by day said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!!

Daleea, this is such a beautiful post. I know that your heart just overflows with love for your precious children...your beautiful gifts from God.

They are blessed to have a Mommy who cherishes them so.

Loved seeing these baby pictures of Hannah...oh, she is just too cute!!!

Happy Family Day to all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daleea,
What a sweet post of a mother's dreams, hopes, and her love. So eloquently shared for your Hannah and for those of us who are blessed enogh to know a bit about the jewels of your heart. Isn't it simply to stunning for words that God had these children in mind for us?!
I miss your posts!

xxAmy

Denna said...

Beautiful Post!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

What a beautiful post Daleea! Your love just radiates out to everyone who knows you. I love the photos too...very precious.
And your photo below of Kate is wonderful!

OH MY #6 said...

oh my, how touching. U have made my day.

Lea
xo

C's Mom said...

How beautiful!

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful post Daleea...you brought tears to my eyes....happy forever family day sweet girl....
Hugs,
Steffie

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Daleea...you have such a way with expressing the love in your heart! Your children are your jewels and you are their gem. What a precious beautiful baby girl you have been given. Happy Forever Family Day!!!

Shari said...

Congratulations on 2 years as a family of 4!

the meaklims said...

Oh my, that was absolutely beautiful to read.

Blessings,
Jill xo

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That was so beautiful, I hope you printed this out as a keepsake for her.

April said...

Love this post.

Oh just a few short weeks for us! All praise and glory belongs to Jesus!

Shawnstribe said...

Daleea,
I thank Jesus too, for this amazing blessing, and i would also like to say thank you for all us Mom's who share His heart.
Thank you for such a beautiful post
xxx
s

jennifer said...

What a sweet post. She is so precious.

t~ said...

Such love.

mommy24treasures said...

sweet sweet sweet I am so happy your dream came true, fullfilled... Hannah is such a precious miracle.
thank you for sharing with me about the trip.
I was so glad to be a tiny part of God's work, I am so proud of Jeremy for stepping out and going!
Love
Connie

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i can feel your love in every word ... you are a treasure to your children ...blessing to you this week friend ... how was J mission trip ??

insanemommy said...

Daleea, your post is so heartfelt and beautiful. We never know what "he" has in store for us. We just have to believe.... right?

Colleen said...

Beautiful! Happy Family Day!!! Thank you for sharing these very special words.
(I think Hannah looks very much like her Daddy in this picture:)

kerri said...

Beautiful post Daleea, Hannah will enjoy reading this someday soon. Such thought and love poured into every line.
The pictures are just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful....!

LaLa said...

Beautiful...such love for your sweet girl. Happy Forever Family Day

Michelle R Photography said...

Daleea,
I am typing this through tears. This was so beautiful. What a special post for your beautiful little girl.

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post! I could just feel your love for her as I was reading this. She is truly a gift from Heaven.

Heather said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!

This is beautiful Daleea, but you know that because you are living all of those raw emotions, enjoying the love that is your children every day. And, I am so happy for you. Thank you so much for always sharing your innermost, that we may be humbled, changed and blessed.

I always love when you post pictures with you in them, that fiery mane of yours...may my Emily grow to be beautiful like you:)

Love,
Heather

sweet momma luv u said...

What a lovely post! You brought tears to my eyes. She will treasure that post forever!

What gifts God gives those who wait patiently!

hugs.....

Denise C said...

OH Daleea...I am sitting here just wiping the tears as they fall down my face! What a beautiful treasure for your precious little girl to read one day! She is one very blessed little girl to have a mommy who absolutely adores her every breath! God is so so so good!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart! I am so blessed by you every time I visit!!!
Sweet Blessings,
Denise

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Daleea,

This has to be one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read. I can't even begin to imagine how Hannah will feel when she reads this and just knows how much she is loved.

I know there will be challenging times for our girls but I pray that the blogging we are doing now (as well as other things) will help them through any doubts they encounter.

You are such a gift!

Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Daleea, this may be the most beautiful, powerful expression of a Mother's love that I have ever read. Thank you for putting into such eloquent words what so many of us feel in our hearts. And thank you, today, for the reminder to fill my home with the peace, joy, and love that I want my children to feel *every* day. Blessings to you and your gorgeous, inspiring baby girl.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Stated from the love of a Mommy.

Beautfiul Post Daleea.

Hugs,

Ivy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...