
When we were first married we lived in San Diego for a few years while Jeremy was stationed there. So many precious memories. One of my dearest friends lives just outside of San Diego so the kids and I went for a couple days to visit her and the kids. (Although the kids are all grown up now.... where does the time go?)
It was so wonderful to spend that precious time with my Leanne.
The second day there she planned a special day to share San Diego with the kids. So we set out....... she drove down to the harbor so Nicholas could see the Star of India ( the old sailing ship above) and a few of the ships so Nicholas could see up close ships like his Dad used to be on. The funny thing was that Peep seemed to be more impressed with the ships we saw than Nicholas..... oh, the life of a "tween" uggggggggggggggggg
It was so wonderful to spend that precious time with my Leanne.
The second day there she planned a special day to share San Diego with the kids. So we set out....... she drove down to the harbor so Nicholas could see the Star of India ( the old sailing ship above) and a few of the ships so Nicholas could see up close ships like his Dad used to be on. The funny thing was that Peep seemed to be more impressed with the ships we saw than Nicholas..... oh, the life of a "tween" uggggggggggggggggg


He did however have a fascination with the beautiful trees in the park and wanted to climb each one. lol At least I got him to pose for a few pics.

As I mentioned in the last post I didn't take very many pics. But I did insist on placing my daughter in the trunk of the tree regardless of the gnats and ants! I know......... "BAD MOMMY!" But did you see how COOL these trees are?!!!!!!! Talk about a photo opp!
(I can't imagine where my son gets his fascination for tree from.... )heehee This shot was prior to the attack of the bugs!
(I can't imagine where my son gets his fascination for tree from.... )heehee This shot was prior to the attack of the bugs!

Is this the sweetest statue in the world or what! This wasn't here when we lived there and I fell in love with it! It just touched my heart...... I got all nostalgic and sentimental of when my honey was in his uniform...... oh, he was too cute and oh, so sexy in his Navy uniform! He will always be my Sailor! The statue made me think of when he came home from six months out to sea...... I still get all teary eyed when I see on the news or in the airport sailors, and the other members of the military coming home to their loved ones.
How grateful I am to each and everyone who serves our country and protects our freedom! God Bless Our Troops!
How grateful I am to each and everyone who serves our country and protects our freedom! God Bless Our Troops!

Then it was off to Lahoia Shores. For a pic nic on the beach. We had a wonderful time even if we didn't have our suits. The kids played in the water up to their wastes and Nicholas had a ball catching baby clams and watching them come out of their shells to feed. The kids built a sand castle and Nicholas decorated his beautifully with specially chosen shells. He is so creative.

Thank you my dear Leanne for a beautiful visit. How I miss you sweet sister.
You are in my heart and my prayers.
You are in my heart and my prayers.
4 comments:
oh What a fun trip you had!
Those trees are so amazing I am glad you took the opportunity to photograph them!
Oh I love the harbor!!! I love that statue too... we've got the same photo. Such sweet pics of your jewels!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Love you!
Robin
Love these photos Daleea!1
Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day...
Oh oh oh how I have missed you! We are at missionary training but periodically have been checking to see if you are back! Love you and Happy Mother's day sweet friend!
Looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time!
Post a Comment