12 September 2009

The Toad Abode....

I need a little pick me up today.... something light and happy.....
maybe you do too.... so I will share my funny little story with you.
Years ago my MIL bought me the sweetest little Toad Abode for our little garden. It is a darling little terracotta home.... Shaped like a watering can with a little doorway and living quarters for a nice little toad family.....
Well, in all these years I have yet to see a toad in the abode! Quite sad actually......

Nicholas is a typical 11 year old boy..... somehow his play tennis shoes were left on the back porch along with a pair of socks. They have been out there for a while now.... Mom just waiting to see how long they would make it camping in the great outdoors.... finally the other day he was cleaning off the back porch and told him to bring in his shoes so I could wash them. He informed me that he couldn't because
there are toads living in one of them. The is a Mama or Daddy toad and a baby toad. I'm sorry but I think that is so funny and just too cute. I am disturbed to think how close they came to me picking them up and putting them in the washing machine.... but alas, this story has a happy ending..... my son discovered them first. I couldn't resist the next day I had to see for myself and seriously considered if they had vacated the premises that I would bring the shoes in.... but I lifted the sneaker up and looked way back inside, lifting the tongue of the shoe up a little just to catch sight of a tiny little toad foot......
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
so..... the tennis shoes are on the back porch and they lived happily ever after....

6 comments:

Tami said...

VERY cute!!! Maybe you can get a picture?

Dita said...

Now THAT is just an adorable little story!

I can say, it wouldn't have ended quite so happily over here. BOTH my 10 year old and I would still be on the ceiling waiting for Daddy to come home to help us!

Fraidy Cats, we are!

Anonymous said...

She has a face that would melt the heart of angels! MAy God move mountains for you my friend!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is so funny:)

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That is such a cute story!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't recall reading this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...