I have been struggling to find the words to express my heart for the peoples of Haiti... I have had a burden in my heart for Haiti and her people for years now... have prayed that one day Jesus would provide the means and the opportunity to serve Him in Haiti and minister to the people there on mission trips. How I have longed to go and share Jesus with them, to love the orphans, to take supplies, to do some kind of work for them that would ease their suffering if only in some small way.... to tell them about Jesus and how He loves them, about His gift of salvation and that there is hope... His name is Jesus....
Since the earthquake I have been grieving for these beloved people.... for the mountains of grief that have fallen upon an already gravely suffering people who have endured so much............ I still cannot find the words.... so I will continue to pray for them... for God's mercy and grace to fall upon them... that somehow He will cause good to come from this great tragedy. I will continue to pray that God continues to break my heart for them.... that I won't forget........ and that one day I will be able to minister to them in person...
Tonight I saw a prayer answered as I watched Night Line through tears of heart break and of joy.... the heart break for the suffering of the Haitians and joy for 4 precious children who were orphaned and whose families have been trying for years to bring them home to their families through adoption. One little girl's parents have been going through the adoption process for over 3 years. She actually has already been adopted by them but they were awaiting more bureaucracy to be able to bring her home with them. All that was still needed was a visa. They showed how their reporter was able to locate her orphanage and found her.... the phone call to her parents in the States when she was able to tell them that she had found their daughter and that she was alive and ok.... then they flew her parents into the Dominican Republic and from there were able to get them into Haiti and to their daughter.... when they arrived outside of the orphanage where the children have been living due to the unstable building no longer being safe to live in they found their daughter..... seeing this precious, vulnerable, frightened, traumatized little child see her parents and cling to her Daddy as she buried her little face into his neck and wouldn't let go.... the tears came flooding in...........they were bitter sweet as I can only begin to fathom what this little one has suffered in the 4 years she has lived.... the sweetness in seeing her with her Mommy and Daddy and that she was safely in her Daddy's arms as he loved her and protected her from the hell that surrounds her.....
Then they went on to share how they were allowed to take their daughter and 8 other children who are in the process of being adopted to the American Embassy to try to get permission to bring them home to their families. Thank You Jesus that little Esther was given a visa to come home with her parents as well as 4 of the children whose families are in the process of adopting them. The other 4 children had to return to the orphanage and it broke my heart for them and the countless others who are orphaned and being held captive through the red tape that keeps children orphaned.... but for the 5 who are coming home to their families.................... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh words cannot describe the depth of my joy and gratitude for these answered prayers. They did say that they are at the airport waiting for a flight out of Haiti and that the orphanage directer has voiced that they do not think the other 4 children should be allowed to leave until their adoptions are final... please join me in prayer that these little ones will all be allowed to come home to their families without any further hindrances or delays!
(click HERE to see the video or little Esther)
... to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.
I have been praying for so long that the walls of bureaucracy, lack of finances, and hearts not recognizing that a precious child is orphaned, waiting somewhere, for their Mommy and Daddy to find them. When the earthquake happened last week it looked as if an already long and difficult adoption process in Haiti, that was already plagued with delay after delay was going to come to a halt. But thanks be to God All Mighty for moving mountains, opening doors, and bringing these little ones home! Oh, how I pray that somehow Jesus will continue to move governments, theirs and ours to work in a way that does not add upon the woes of these little ones but that they will truly become advocates for the orphaned and do what needs to be done to change the process so that a child does not remain orphaned because of miles and miles of red tape!
Oh, Jesus... thank You for little Esther and these other little ones that You kept safe and are bringing home.... please bless the people of Haiti.... Father God... bind the enemy that seeks to destroy this people because You love them. Please Lord keep them from harm's way.... provide for them... please provide for them food, water, shelter and safety... comfort the broken with a peace that can only come from You. Where there is rioting and looting may their be peace.... where there is violence may their be love.... where their is suffering may there be healing.... guide the rescue crews to those who are waiting to be found.... Father, please continue to bring the men, women and children out from under the rubble where it is only You who has sustained them all this time with out water.... and may all the glory go to You! May all those watching in Haiti and around the world know that each one is a living miracle and that You are the one who gave them the miracle. Out of this suffering and catastrophe may You bring a new beginning for these beloved people.... May this be the catalyst that opens the eyes and the hearts of the world to no longer be satisfied in living our lives to please ourselves but to live for You Jesus... to reach out with all that we have to ease the suffering of someone in need....... (I know that this will never be Lord until You come again.... I have read Your Word... yet, I still can't help but pray that many will turn to You and realize that "it is not about me"... it is about God... and the life that HE has blessed you with... it is about living for Him and serving Him in a way that ministers to others.... there are so many people suffering in the world... who are hungry, who are thirsty, who are hurting, lost and broken........... so I pray that each of us will ask ourselves every day for the rest of our lives, "What can I do for God today....How may I server Him..."
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
Matthew 25:34-40
6 comments:
What a beautiful, beautiful act of God's love amidst all the tragedy and devastation. I am just so very happy that some of these children are being united with their forever families!!!!! I pray that God's mercy will begin to heal the hearts of all that have been hurt, lost, abandoned, and left hungry by the earthquake. Its unfathomable and perhaps the worst thing I've ever witnesses in my lifetime. I am very haunted by it and the feeling of not being able to do something tangible for the people of Haiti is too much. I am so touched by the way that American's are pulling together to help. May God continue to give strength and provide for so many what is needed.
We are blessed.
Love you friend!
Robin
What a beautiful, beautiful act of God's love amidst all the tragedy and devastation. I am just so very happy that some of these children are being united with their forever families!!!!! I pray that God's mercy will begin to heal the hearts of all that have been hurt, lost, abandoned, and left hungry by the earthquake. Its unfathomable and perhaps the worst thing I've ever witnesses in my lifetime. I am very haunted by it and the feeling of not being able to do something tangible for the people of Haiti is too much. I am so touched by the way that American's are pulling together to help. May God continue to give strength and provide for so many what is needed.
We are blessed.
Love you friend!
Robin
What a sweet post, Daleea.
Love to you,
Amy
That is wonderful. I have been so burdened for these sweet babies. I just want to hold them, let them know they are safe and loved. It just breaks my heart to know how scared some of these sweet babies must be.
Still praying...
It is heartbreaking...so heartbreaking. Makes our problems seem so small doesn't it? I have a friend who is a missionary here in Costa Rica and her husband is with an organization that has helped to unite some of those families with these orphans. She wrote about how amazing it is to see God cut through the red tape and paperwork and deliver them straight into their families arms. I love you and your heart sweet friend.
You are so amazing how you write!! And your heart!!
Post a Comment