She is a precious little girl who was orphaned as a baby. She lives in China and is 3 years old with life threatening congenital heart disease. Agencies, organizations, and individuals have been crying out for her... trying to find her forever family, trying to find a surgeon and hospital in the U.S. that will do her surgery for free... Her agency even goes as far as to say she may need a heart transplant to save her life....
For anyone adopting, searching for their child, this prognosis is daunting indeed. But I know God has a plan for Lucy.... as I have been praying for His will for this little one.... I find myself asking... who is this little Lucy.... she is far more than an orphan dying in China as she waits for her family to find her, to come forward and get her the help she needs....
Who is Lucy? Lucy is a precious child... She has a broken heart yet has stolen the hearts of hundreds with her smile, her sweetness, her radiance, her zeal for life. Lucy is a ray of sunshine even though she has a dark cloud hovering over her as she waits for a miracle... as she waits for a way for her heart surgery... Each picture of this little girl I have seen makes my heart smile.... she is filled with joy... and when you look at her she floods your heart with joy, with the hope of believing and trusting that everything is going to be ok... Lucy is a survivor. Honestly, I believe it is nothing short of the hand of God that she is still with us and that she has not been called home to Heaven. I know God has a plan for this little one.... He is sustaining her. Perhaps I am naive but I don't believe she is going to need a heart transplant... I believe God has given little Lucy a very special heart and that with the help of a special surgeon somewhere He is going to heal it.
Sooooo as you read this.... I ask that you pray... ask yourself, ask our Father in Heaven if you are part of His plan for Lucy, or if you know of someone who is. Are you her Mommy, her Auntie, the person who knows someone who can do her surgery for free, the person who can call a hospital and find the one person we need to step up and help this little girl with surgery. Are you the person God is calling to love her and lift her up in prayer....
Please spread the word about little Lucy.... somewhere, there is someone who can help her.... somewhere, there is someone who is her Mommy.... somewhere, God is calling someone to step out in faith and love this child as their own.... He will give them the way.... He will give them the faith... He will give them the courage... He will give them the strength... and He will give them the desires of their heart.... their precious little Lucy......
God's Speed little one and God's healing...
Psalm 30:2
O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.
if you know of anyone that would be willing to provide surgery for Lucy pro bono, please email redthreadstitch@aol.com for more information. If she comes on a medical visa she will need a host family to care for her through thet surgery process.
Please email Marci at marcisk@asiadopt.org if you are interested in adopting Lucy.
You can read a bit more about Lucy here (Tea for Two) or here (Asia Hope)
8 comments:
Thank you Daleea!!!! Beautifully written. Praying hard for sweet Lucy over here!
If only China allowed single to adopt through the SN route. Sigh! Especially in England and Canada where all children adopted are entitled to free health care (I think from the time they land, or shortly after) surgeries would not be an issue. It just makes me so sad! I'll pray boldly for her!!!
Calico Sky...they may very well allow you to adopt Lucy! It is worth contacting Marci at ASIA to ask for a waiver.
Daleea - This is the most beautiful post about our Lucy Girl!!! I'm sitting here in tears. You have touched my heart. Thank you for such a positive and loving post. You are such a blessing to know!
Love you!
oh Daleea how I would love to bring that beautiful child in to my home and lov her her well...
I am going to check with a few drs in my area.
I am praying with you. Your prayer is so beautiful and straight from God's heart.
Praying for this precious angel....so beautiful written my sweet friend.
What a cutie she is. Makes my heart ache...
Oh Daleea! Your heart, your beautiful, sweet heart for the Lord and for the babies...I love it. I never walk away without having the indelible print of God's hand left firmly in place when I visit you! I will be praying for Lucy and for a home where she can get what she needs in every way she needs it!
Love you, friend
Heather
I will be praying and since my son has a heart condition I will contact his surgeons office and see if they know anyone who could help.
Post a Comment