03 August 2010

Mission Trip to Peru...


Lima, Peru... 7/21/10
Isaiah 58:6-12
6Is this not the fast that I have chosen:  To loose the bonds of wickedness,
    To undo the heavy burdens,   To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? 
  7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, 
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; 
When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh? 
   8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
   And your righteousness shall go before you;    The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
   9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;   You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ 
    “ If you take away the yoke from your midst,  The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
    10 If you extend your soul to the hungry  And satisfy the afflicted soul, 
 Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,   And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
   11 The LORD will guide you continually,   And satisfy your soul in drought,
      And strengthen your bones;   You shall be like a watered garden,
      And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
   12 Those from among you   Shall build the old waste places;
      You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
      And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.  

Pastor Dan shared these verses with the mission team yesterday morning before we set out...
I believe the Lord has given it to me as a "mission verse", not only for this trip- but for our calling to serve Him as a family in the field full time.
Before we  came- at least 2 people said to me, "Maybe it is Peru."  Meaning, maybe this is where we will serve Him as a family.  When we got here, and they brought us to the house we would be staying at- although it is very nice, there is a lot of mold.  But praise the Lord, my sinuses are not bothering me.  The Lord is keeping me well.  At first when I smelled the mold I thought to myself, "Oh, He won't have us move here because I can't live in mold- but now He is keeping me well and not letting me get sick from it and I have fallen in love with Peru and it's people... so who knows...
My Lord, Jesus does.... if you are calling Lord, I will say yes...









My honey on Pastor Brian's Roof...



We stayed in a house down this street... it was a very quaint neighborhood and very nice.  We were definitely blessed with such gracious provisions.

This was one of my favorite houses on the street.  I loved the colors of Peru...



The first couple of days in Peru the Lord lifted me up... He built me up... I was surrounded by brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I was overflowing with the joy of the Lord... When I taught the ladies at the Calvary Chapel in Mierda Flores, God blessed me as He spoke to them through the message.  It was so fun to let Holy Spirit guide me as I shared His message to the ladies.  After wards it made my heart smile when several of the ladies told me that they had received exactly what they had needed.  Thank You Jesus for answering my prayer... You gave me Your words, Your message to Your daughters and You blessed them.  Two of the ladies asked me to pray for them and I was honored as I poured out my heart for these beloved sisters before the Lord.  Oh, Jesus, how I pray for their healing and for Your comfort as they continue to shine bright through You and for You in the darkness...  Bless them Lord, please bless them...


Yes, God surrounded me with love, and joy, and hope.... He surrounded me with Him.......  Lima was the beginning... but the Lord planned on taking me deeper into the things of God... deeper in my walk with Him... deeper into His heart.... I had prayed that the Lord would break my heart with the things that break His... He answered my prayer with Lurin....

5 comments:

day by day said...

Welcome back, Daleea!! What an amazing experience for you and your husband! So glad to hear that all went well and that your heart was filled with His passion while you were there. I can't wait to hear more. Hope your kids are well....I am sure you are all sooo happy to be reunited!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us....it always blesses me to read about others mission trips as it is something I would love to one day be able to do.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I'm really almost speechless my friend...

That was such a beautiful post and the colors of Peru do remind me of you, my friend.

Praying that God will lead you and your family where He wants you to be... to share His word with His children.

Thank you for giving of yourself to witness to those who need Him!

Love you so much!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh yes my precious Daleea....that is how God works! Greg and I would always get deathly ill....DEATHLY ill...when we vacationed in Mexico and about 7 years ago we said, we would NEVER go back there...EVER! ha ha.....God has a sense of humor too:)

I think when you are living in the will of the Lord.......He will bless you. Emma has asthma and allergies so bad and we live in a house with some mold and a climate that is not forgiving with asthma but yet...she is healthy.

I am so thankful you were blessed on this trip....You are absolutely gorgeous my friend inside and out and I can't wait to hear more about Peru AND more about what God will do with your family....I am certain He has a plan!!!!!!! Love you bunches:)

Terri Fisher said...

Welcome back! I've been anxious to hear of your trip to beautiful Peru. I grew up in South America...I'd go back in a heartbeat. Beautiful people, and so loving and warm. Can't wait to read more of how God worked in your heart!

The Ferrill's said...

I have been praying and praying for you and can't wait to hear more about the fruits of the trip! It sounds like the Lord did an amazing work. May it continue!
God bless,
Laine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...