03 September 2010

The Battle Belongs to the Lord...

...they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him.
1 Chronicles 5:20
The spiritual warfare has been thick.  Every time when we are on the journey to adopt our child and bring them home to their family, the defeated one does everything in his power to try to stop it... But God is All Mighty and will not allow the enemy to prevail.  In addition to working on bringing our Isabella home we went on the mission trip to Peru in July... God called us, He provided the way and we obeyed.... and oh, how He blessed us, changed us and I pray USED us to witness and minister to those we spent time with in Peru.  Apparently we are a thorn in the enemy's side.... but to this I say, "Thank You Jesus!"
Sometimes you are going through the fire and you think it must end soon... but it just keeps going....
I am writing this, trying to gain some perspective on the big picture.....
In the midst of all of the fiery darts  being shot at us, and occasional flaming arrows )like my 1997 Ford Windstar minivan that we just had another engine put in in Dec. and it threw a rod  a few days before the mission trip, 2 weeks after the warrenty,  and now we need yet another engine!)  Our other vehichle is  15 years old and is headed to the mechanic and we are hoping it is not anything major!
  We keep having financial things thrown at us, things breaking down, etc... it can get a little discouraging... it can get a little disheartening.... it can feel a little overwhelming... it can be quite frightening....  We have already decided that Jeremy will not be traveling with me to China to adopt Isabella... this will save quite a bit of money but even with just me traveling we still need to come up with around $16,000 more to make our Isabella officially, orphaned NO more!  For us, it is impossible... but for our God.... it is NOT!
Jesus called me to step out of the boat months ago... I take a step  upon the water  as my eyes are fixed upon Him.  With each step I get closer and closer to my Lord.... I am walking by faith, I am walking in faith, I am walking on water.... but there is a storm raging around me..... the wind is wailing, the sea is swelling, the sky dark and menacing.... pummeled by the rain of impossibilities, I take my eyes from my Jesus to take in the magnitude of the tempest swarming me... I begin to sink... I panic... I struggle... with each act of my will, I am swallowed up by the water... I realize there is nothing that I can do!  I am not able to walk on water... I fear I will drown..... I CRY OUT TO GOD!!!!  Flailing about, I frantically search for Him... In a moment of desperation,  I search for Him where He was before I began to sink, before I took my eyes off of Him to look at the storm threatening me.... and He is there.... right in front of me... right in the place where He always is... before me.  Our eyes meet... I take His outstretched hand, and I am safe...  my eyes fix upon Jesus.  Once again I am walking on water.  

Thank You Jesus for calling me out of the boat.  When I keep my eyes fixed upon You, nothing is impossible for You are able to do ALL things.......... Forgive me Lord Jesus when I doubt, when I fear, when I take my eyes from You and look to myself.  I cry out, "Lord, I believe.... Help my unbelief."  Jesus I want to have a radical faith in You.  For You are a radical God!  Nothing is impossible with You.  Your ways are not our ways... they are bigger, more profound, and eternal reaching.  We may not understand the storms of life but help us to hold on to Your loving hand, to fix our eyes upon You and to trust You as we allow You to lead us.... to lead us through this life as sojourners.... to lead us safely home..... and oh, Lord.... please use us along the way that we may be poured out for You, for Your kingdom, for others, that we may be a reflection of Jesus Christ, that Your grace, mercy, joy, love and truth will flow from us like rivers of Living Water.... Let it flow Lord.... Let it flow... Holy Spirit please fill us to over flowing that all those we encounter each day will be touched by the Spirit of God.  That they too may come to know You Jesus as their Lord and Savior... that they too may make it safely home.... and Jesus, thank You for bringing my Isabella home!  For providing the funds we will need to pay all the adoption fees and costs.  It's already done!  The money may not be in our possession but it is in Yours... You already know exactly how much we will need and You already know how You will give it to us.  Thank You Father.... Thank You for Your provisions, thank You that You are going to work out our transportation problems.  Thank You that You love me in spite of me.... Thank You Jesus...

You will keep him in perfect peace,
      Whose mind is stayed on You,
      Because he trusts in You.
      Isaiah 26:3


And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6
Come,’ he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus." Matthew 14:22-29

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
Hebrews 11:1

"We live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...