17 February 2011

The Lantern Festival


Finally I get a picture with my daughter!  3 days later... this is one of the downsides to traveling alone and a guide who is always in a rush when you see him.




Our guide took us to Boautu Springs which is only a couple miles from our Hotel.  I envisioned this lovely, serene setting with white, Chinese Lanterns everywhere, casting a soft glow over winding paths through the springs.... HA!  it was a festival (even though it is offically tonight) with a sea of people.  My guide parked where he was not suppsosed to so he was racing through even faster than normal.  I was so worried I would loose him.  Then he took Isabella to help me and even though she likes him, I saw the panic in her eyes... this is the man who the orphanage gave her to to bring her to me.  She looked like she thought he was taking her to someone else.  He was walking so fast and cutting through people, finally I was like a rude linebacker with an attitude pushing my way through the crowd to keep up with himand my child!  She needed to know that I was right there, that I was not leaving her and I needed to see her too!  I hated it!  I had so much anxiety through the entire thing that I just wanted to get back to the hotel and I knew my little Pearl did too!  When I caught up to him I took my daughter back and told him, thank you but she is scared.
needless to say I only took a couple pics and I don't even care.  Jinan is a huge city.  With the baby I can't really take pics and it is ok.  It is all about her anyway! 

18 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of you and Isabella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Oh Man... I wish he would have let you take your time. When we went to the park it was pretty empty, wasnt yet the holiday. Aaron was another couples guide and they were not that happy with him, never having time for them and always in a rush. I swear a guide makes all the difference. Our guide in Jinan was sent from Heaven. Wish you could have enjoyed the park, it is gorgeous but it looked like a huge crowd.. yikes no fun. Praying for you!

Tina Michelle said...

That looks so neat and I love the pic of the two of you. Wow, it does sound a bit overwhelming and scary though!

jennifer said...

That does not sound like an enjoyable outing at all! I hate that your guide is not more helpful. You are right, though, it really is all about that precious baby. Love the picture of the two of you. I know you will be happy to get to GZ!

3 Peanuts said...

I was nervous for you reading this. Sounds like a great festival but quite overwhelming:) Praying for you and your beautiful pearl:)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Bless your precious heart! You are so right~ it is just about that sweet girl! Love the pics you got and glad you grabbed that precious one back into your arms!!! :)
Love and Joy!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Daleea - this is all just SO amazing.......
Blessings ~

sweet momma luv u said...

Oh what a wonderful site to see pictures of you with Isabella!!! I am so happy for you! You are just so radiantly beaming! Praise the Lord.

So sorry it was not a relaxing and easy going Lantern Festival night.
I would have been panicking too!

She is so sweet and I love her beautiful big eyes! Continued Prayer for you both and a save trip.
Hugs,
Jody

Lori said...

Oh these are awesome photos Daleea!! Sounds like things are going well, so happy for you!
xoxo

John & Michelle said...

So great to see these pics of you two together!!! Praying you the rest of the way home!

Debbie Sauer said...

She is so precious, I hope you get more chances of having your pictures taken. What an exciting time to be in China! Looking forward to more pics and updates. Blessings

TanyaLea said...

Oh sweet Daleea~ I am SOOOOO sorry that you had such a stressful time at the Festival. It's clear your guide was the main contributor. It pains me to know that he is always in such a rush. You should let your agency know this, as he is PAID to be YOUR guide, and you should never feel like a burden or rushed in any way. I'm so glad you took back your Precious Pearl when he had her at the Festival... I'm sure that made a silent statement to her, as well. She is clearly most secure in her mama's arms right now, and that his EXACTLY how it should be!

Speaking of her mama's arms... LOVE the photos of the two of you together. You'd never know by looking at them that the Festival was such an unpleasant experience. The photos are all beautiful. And YOU are gorgeous as ever!!

Praying your time in GZ is wonderful and can't wait to see pics of you and Robin together. You're both in my thoughts and prayers throughout my days right now!! Love you bunches!


oxo,
Tanya

Paige said...

Daleea,
I know you must be very tired now, I cannot imagine going by myself and I am drawn to pray for you often. I know you must miss your family terribly being across the world from them. God is good and will hold you in his palms!!! Know that we are praying for your safe return. Isabella is so precious and I pray she is doing better each and every day!! Hang in there!!!!I was telling my husband the other night about you trying to keep up with our guide during the festival and he laughed and said he wanted to hold our guides hand when he went by himself with her to the pearl market. My husband is 6'2" and felt frightened:), thought that may make you laugh:)

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Oh my Daleea!!! What a scary experience! I have been to one of those crowded festivals and to have the guide take your baby and walk off - oh my oh my !!!!
Hang on in there girl, you will be home soon.
Still praying xxxx
Love jules xxx

Carrie said...

awesome!

Michele said...

Hi! I am new to your blog. I just wanted to say your daughter is gorgeous. I also wanted to tell you that when I was in Jinan this summer, I too, had a guide name Aaron. He was something else. I am curious if it's the same one - I would love to hear more about your experience there.

I look forward to reading the rest of your journey!!

DiJo said...

Daleea,
Praying you and Isabella are safely in Guangzhou and doing well... Hoping you just don't have internet access!

Hugs,
Diana

Babsi said...

Hi
I´m a reader of your journey for a time from germany.
I miss your posts from last days.
Hope you´re doing well....and everything is ok with you. I think it´s not that easy to be alone overthere with all these emotions.

But God is with you, I´m sure ;o)

Praying for you
Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...