18 May 2011

A Special Evening.....

hmmmmmmmmm.... so much to share and so little time these days it seems.... my mind is a blur with thoughts, plans, inspirations, duties, activities and lack of sleep.  There are so many things that I want to journal on my blog but have not been carving out the time to do it..... so from time to time I will post and will just ramble...




Last Friday evening we took a drive to Hilton Head.  Jeremy's brother had given us a gift certificate to Cheeburger Cheeburger  our favorite hamburger diner.  The girls were served their chicken fingers in baby pink Cadillac, Daddy and Peep shared a (disgusting) egg cream soda, and we enjoyed our collosal burgers with all the trimmings like Blue Cheese.... ymmmmmm (can you tell which two members of our family were across from me)




The girls enjoyed watching the lovely fountain in the courtyard just outside the diner.


 The sun was setting as we made it to our favorite nearby beach.  It was Isabella's first time to see the ocean and walk on the beach.  There would be no posing for Mama to take pictures (ugggg) nope...


("ugggg... I can't believe we are at the beach and mom is making us take pictures!)

 they were not happy when I would stop them from doing their own thing and ask them to let me take a picture...(my little Pearl couldn't stop smiling... but the other two were not too happy with me.)

(awwwwww, isn't this yet another lovely picture... hahaaa!  I very seldom take pics of my Nick because he is quite unwilling subject.  I know the Mamarattzi can be bothersome at times but come on kids!  This is the first time we have all been at the beach together, I have you all dressed in my favorite color, chartreuse.... and yet, you just couldn't humor me...)






("is she done yet.....")




  so I set the captives free.... gave up on posed pics and off they went...
my little jewels were running around in circles, jumping up and down, Hannah was skipping through the waves as they came ashore...


 (oh, sure... now he smiles)





my honey was so happy to be blessed with walking on the beach for the first time since his accident...
the Lord is healing him in miraculous ways but he still has a long way to go.  He doesn't get to be outside much because of the heat and the sunlight burn him where he was burned.  He still has to wear the compression bandages so he cannot get wet.  He can't walk far because he tires easily and is in a lot of pain from all the scar tissue... But, as the sun set, he was able walk a little ways on the beach, he threw his head back, closed his eyes, listened to the sounds of the ocean, breathed in and he praised God for this glorious miracle!  We did too!!!  Thank You Jesus for answered prayers.... it was a night of miracles to be certain.... Jeremy and our little Pearl were walking on the beach...


The Jewels of My Heart...














a very special evening indeed...

12 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a beautiful,happy post!!!

Love the pic of Peep with her daddy sharing a shake!

God is so good and I am oh so thrilled that Jeremy is healing and that your sweet Pearl is home!

Luv ya!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Peep and Pearl are oh so precious!!! You can literally feel the joy in your little Pearl's face:)

And oh my...your young prince is growing so tall and he is oh so handsome!!!

Yay for God healing Jeremy, he will always remain in our prayers...Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Beautiful post! Love all of the photos! Your children are so precious :)

Pam Thomas said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the beach! Wished it was not such a long drive to there for us. My son will hardly ever let me take pictures of him and I have to bribe Iza. Make me certainly appreciate the few pictures I do manage to get.
Love the girls' dresses. Did you make them?

Lori said...

Oh these pictures are just BEAUTIFUL, every last one!! I had to smirk at the unwilling poses...I've seen a few of those before. All three of your blessings are just precious and what a wonderful way to spend your special evening. So glad daddy is healing and was able to get out and breathe in some of that ocean air.
ps LOVE chartreuse! LOVE!! :D

Rachelle said...

Daleea:) Thanks for the happy tears running down my cheek:) I love...love...love that beautiful smile that God has given to your little Isabella! It really moved me just now to see her just so full of life and so happy:) God is so lovely:) I appreciate you sharing a bit of your joy.

Happy with you sweet friend, Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Nicholas has grown into a young man!!! I can't believe it's been that long since I have seen him! Your family is beautiful Daleea. And of course, I love Isabella's smile with those cute, squishy, round cheeks! God bless you!

Alyson and Ford said...

As the Mommy, you just have to keep trying to take those pictures and you did wonderful! Love seeing your happy jewels!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These pictures just make me smile....and think of the many blessings that have been brought to your family!

I am so happy to know that you all had that special night on the beach!

Beautiful family, beautiful photos~

xoxo,

Lisa

Calico Sky said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh they are so beautiful and have grown up so so much!! What a blessing for J to be doing so well and all three treasures to be there with you!

t~ said...

I'm slowly starting to read blogs again and I was so taken back by how big your little guy has gotten. Beautiful girls and how sweet it is to see all your children together!

3 Peanuts said...

Daleea! Nicholas looks like a MAN! When did that happen????? All of the jewels look gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...