14 July 2011

My Little Cat Burglar...



She is quick and stealth... she sees the item or items of her desire and will swoop in for it's capture hours later when no one is looking... It could be candy, mints, a shiny bauble, a favorite article of her jie jie's clothing or her favorite toy... a Star Wars storm trooper,  Daddy's things off his desk, Peep's money... how can a girl resist. heehee
The other night I left her in her bed with the quilt pulled over her head.  I came back to check on her 5 minutes later and knew it was too good to be true that I had left the room and she was not crying and screaming.... dare I entertain the thought that she fell asleep on her own with out me in her room.... hmmmmm...... something was just not quite right... but there was her blanket all spread out over her... just like I left her.... I quietly left the room with glee.... woohoooo another major cornerstone... but wait... something was just not right.... I replayed the scene in my mind... something was amiss with that  blanket ..... it was awfully flat.... but she must be under it.... if she isn't, where on earth could she be.... the house is so quiet.... no, I better make certain.... into the girl's room I crept, oh, so quiet.... staring at the blanket in her bed I realized that there was no way she was under that blanket... she is little but not that little... I lifted it to find she was not there!  I confess a little surge of panic hit my heart... it was just so wrong to not see her there.  I started calling her name and looking everywhere for her... how silly of me I know.... it is not like Cat Burglars say, "OH, here I am..."  After much searching I found her under the desk with an array of tic tacs and life savers spread out like a pic nic on our printer.  Most had been in her mouth and then stuck to her makeshift table... the evidence was STICKY!  Ohhhhhhhhhh dear.... this little one is a toddler on a mission!  She had spied the tempting yummies hours and hours earlier in the day when she was getting into drawers she was not allowed  in...   I knew it was too good to be true when she so easily complied when asked to close the drawer and stay out of that.  HA! This was clearly a job for a cat burglar... on the prowl for a midnight snack!
Watch your treasures people.... she is goooooooooood.....

5 comments:

Desiree' said...

Funny!! Our Hope does this...still and she has been home for 4 years now~ I was hoping she would get over her need to hoard things...even silly things like a piece of paper, but she still does this..sigh~

Paige said...

haha, she is just too precious!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh my...but she is the most BEAUTIFUL cat on the prowl! Your story has me laughing so hard... LOVED IT!!!

Love and blessings,
Robin

redmaryjanes said...

LOVE your style! And I'm glad to see my peonie is one of her treasures :)

Sharon said...

What a cute story! Precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...