
A few days ago I put in a CD that I made special for the kids and I. We listen to it when we are cooking, cleaning or just want to dance. It has songs on it that are fun like Rosemary Clooney's Hey Mambo, Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl and lots of Dean Martin, including Dean's song "Sway". This particular song I always take Hannah in my arms and we Tango... from one end of the living room to the next. She loves it! Well, I was busy cleaning when Sway came on and I glanced in the living room to check on Hannah and she was..... doing the Tango. From one end of the living room and back... her little feet were going lickety split and her little arm outstretched straight in front of her with her head to the side (surely pressed upon my invisible cheek.) She would reach the side of the living room and SWITCH. Quick turn, switch outstretched arm and pitter patter as fast as she could to the other side of the room.... It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. When she saw me watching she giggled and ran to me with arms held up for me to dance with her...
This not only brought a smile to my heart but it taught me a precious life lesson....
Sometimes you Tango alone... and that's OK...
12 comments:
ahhhh that is so sweet! your posts are so heartwarming and I love how you find the joy in every moment :) Thanks for the pick me up! I've really needed one.
Beautifully said. I have a visual of your little sweety and she's a doll.
How precious is that!?!
I love it :0)
That is such a special moment....I love it when those kind of things happen! ;)
She is such a beautiful little
girl! Very precious!
Have a good night,
Roy and Lori
And how can you NOT love that?!?! SO sweet!!
Thank you!
That brought a smile to MY heart as well!
Sweet!!! Love that you have made this music for the kiddos and that Hannah has learned the tradition to dancing Tango to the music.
Hugs
Lisa
How cute...you taught her well!!
That is so precious!
Keep smilin!
I love the idea of a CD to dance and clean to. It sounds like you've created a tangolicious little gal!
I could just see your little spirited dancer tango-ing away as I read your post. Such a delightful visual it invoked! I think the life lessons we learn from our children are the most precious.
Post a Comment