


Friday I took the kids to Hilton Head for the day.... I was so excited to take pictures of coarse... a little nervous because this was the first time going without Daddy and Hannah runs all over the place and heads for the water and Nicholas loves to play in the waves and still doesn't know how to swim. I only swim a little. Since I was a young girl I have dreamed of taking beautiful photographs of my daughter at the beach in her lovely white sundress.... Well, I finally found Hannah's white sundress and she looked breathtaking.... however the perfect shot eluded me... the beach was more crowded than I have ever seen it so all of my shots had other people in them. Hannah was much too excited to care about her beautiful white dress and wanted to start right in with the festivities... Nicholas was gung ho and ready for the water.... the moral of the story is it was a wonderful, fun, special day at the beach and a really stinky day for the picture department.... boohooohooo so here are a few of my favorite shots with more to come... don't hold your breath for anything spectacular because it was not to be on this day.... The white sundress will have to make it's appearance yet again.... but I will get that shot!!!!!!!!
(The first photo was my favorite of the day! I was very impressed at the skill it took for that photograph... too bad I have no idea how I did it!!!!!!!!! hehee so today I have been experimenting to try to figure out how to do it again.... ) I know.... I'm a mess....
20 comments:
Beautiful Photos! Hannah is so precious. Nicholas is so handsome! I love checking your blog. I can't wait to see Hannah's Beach pictures in her white dress!
I have the same dream of getting a beautiful picture of my daughter in a white outfit on the beach!
I LOVE Hilton Head! My parents are in the process of retiring to South Carolina (just outside of Hilton Head). Also, my husband and I have a timeshare in Hilton Head --- we traded it this year and are going to Disney World instead. Anyway, looks like a fun time at the beach!!
I so love beach days!!! Never been to Hilton Head but it looks fabulous!
aww... I know I know... we are kindred spirits in our photography:)
I can't wait to see the sundress photo, when you get it, it will be spectacular! :)
They are all great. I love all of them.
Awe... beautiful photos! Funny you say about the dress. While we were waiting for Sophia, I bought a lilac eyelet dress from the Gap, and dreamed of her wearing it on the beach... I think it was from seeing 'When Love Takes you In' Video (see on the sidebar of my blog), his little girl is wearing something like that in the video.
I guess I did get my picture, but it just didn't come out quite like I had imagined!
We haven't been to the beach once this year. Time is getting away from me. Having 2 puppies at home is making things a bit harder this summer!
I too have dreamt of getting a shot of my daughters walking down the beach holding hands. Dream on, will have to be super quick with the camera as they like to fight not hold hands at the moment.
Great shots, I always enjoy them.
I too like the first photo, but the last is very nice too.
These are beautiful, can't wait to see more!
the weirdest thing happened when I brought your page up - it was "flowing" like water in the turquoise parts. Way cool and went well with the beach post.
Looks like you had a great day at the beach!
Daleea,
I LOVE that first picture! It is so fun.
Kate has her white dress all ready for HH next month! We'll take a lot of pictures! It will be much less crowded at the end of August. I was thinking about hiring a photographer at one point to get a family photo. Are you familiar with any in that area?
I might just try to take the kids myself instead.
Hugs,
Kim
Mesmerizing shots. They are so clear and sharp.
Great photos! They are both precious! You always take great photos!
Lisa
I love the photos! And I love the beach too! We haven't been to the beach yet this year and had to cancel our plans this July due to the teen son working 2 jobs to save for a car. But we'll get there! Meanwhile I'll enjoy everyone's beach photos!
I just purchased Lily a white sundress online and am waiting for our day at the beach/photo shoot. Guess all us girls have that same dream.
Love the first photo too...beautiful!
They're great! I love pictures of kids at the beach.
i love everything about the beach .. looks like a wonderful day to play .... i understand about that thought of a perfect picture ... when emily was small it was so easy to capture those great moments, but now she poses way overboard like her brothers and we are just in a goofy stage ... hee hee ... love reading your blog .
Totally know what you mean about doing a photo on the beach with a white dress! A have the same dream!
Great pictures!!! What camera do you have to capture such great stuff always!?
Lisa
Lisa, I use a Canon Power Shot A80... it's not the best and is a few years old but I still don't know how to work everything... I would love a good zoom lens for it though.
Thank you for the compliment
I love Hilton Head!!!
Beautiful pictures!!!
Post a Comment