I'm so excited... Kim at 3 Peanuts had a post a while ago talking about why she called her little ones peanuts.... I said it was so fun and we should do a nickname meme for our children and for ourselves for those of us waiting to bring their babies home. Well she started it and her post is so much fun! She tagged me so here it goes.......Meeshka and Peep...
Nicholas was born in Russia. He came home to us when he was 4 and a half. He was such a little guy and oh, how he loved cheese... so I started calling him "my little mouse." He said, "Meeshka". I asked him if that meant mouse and he said yes. He didn't like speaking Russian at the time but that was the one word that he taught me... and so he is my Meeshka, my mouse and always will be.

Before Hannah came home, before I saw her picture I started calling her "my little Peep." She is my little bluebird of happiness. It is so sweet because she is Peep. So many times she is just like a little bird. Especially when she wants to eat. She puts her little mouth in the air towards what you are eating like she wants you to feed her... just like a little bird.

11 comments:
Daleea,
Those are SO sweet. I love both of them. I also love the little visuals. You came up with a great idea!
Kim
aww that is so sweet... I think your nicknames are PERFECT for your beautiful children. I mssed some beautiful pics while I was off on a holiday! I love all your posts from this week!
Cute!
My little one yet-to-be will be named Jadyn. But, she has been my Jadybug for quite some time now.
Well, I think you know I call my Ransom "Boob". I'll have to explain that at some point!
LOVE your nicknames for your kids...
Oh goodness! Those are such sweet names! I love them and the stories that go with them!
Thanks for sharing!
Amy
Sweet nick names! I call Simone, Simoney and Baby. No reason other than it sticks :O)
~Michele
I love these little stories of how their nicknames came to be,adorable.
Great meme, I really want tsomeone to tag Kris on how she came up with Boob(who is adorable by the way).
Oh, I love looking at your little doll baby. She is something straight out of childrens's fairy tale. Sweet as pie.
I will get cracking on my meme. I'm supposed to be working on one as we speak.
Very sweet stories! Kim also tagged me, but I have absolutely nothing that good.
Soooo sweet.
We have a ton of nicknames for Lily, I just think they are so endearing and fun!
Jaiden is "chica" because it means little girl in Spanish and "little chic" because she was born in the year of the rooster...which is a chicken so that is where the nickname originated.
Post a Comment