So..... today Nicholas and I were in the back yard minding our own business while he was working on his science activity when I look in the same area that I killed the spider the day before.............. OH, MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found it's Mama! There was no way I was smashing this one so I ran inside and got my camera (true blogger here) and the bug killer from Home Depot! Nicholas and I were freaking out! Please keep in mind this picture has not been altered... it must have been 5 or 6 inches.... I believe it is called a Banana spider and my friends tell me they aren't poisoness and they don't bite... they eat mosquitos...... I hate mosquitos as much as the next person but I am sorry.... when these Godzilla spiders are in my yard...... they NEED TO DIE! please don't call Peta on me.... although I can't believe even they would side with the spider in this case.... it could carry off a small dog I tell you.....
ok.... with out further ado..... I give you....... heart failure...

You have to see it in person to truly understand.....
That is just not right!
(after looking at the picture.... I let you all down.... If I wasn't such a wimp I would
have been like CSI and placed a quarter next to it so you had a true grasp of just how BIG AND HONKIN' this thing was.... this in no fish story.... it was 5 or 6 inches I tell you! 5 or 6 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(Me again.... ok, so I exagerated a little.... I just got out a ruler and though my memory is poor, some things leave a lasting impression soooooooooooooo after further investigation I would say that it was acurately 4".... now even though it doesn't sound as impressively horrifying.... I bid you..... get a ruler.... measure 4 inches ..... that is one BIG, HONKIN' SPIDER!)
24 comments:
That is scary, be careful!!!!!
LOL ~ You are so funny ;D We get those Spiders up here in ATL all the time on our porch and the kids are just fascinated with them! I too am not a spider person ~ not a creature person for that matter. I am bad and after Ian and LiLi goo and gaa over them I take a broom and send them to their grave! In the fall with are like a funeral home for spider with our front porch! I love you exaggeration!
Something like that - I don't care four inches is still HUGE!!! Ewwwwww!!!
Great post!
Had that been me? Two word: 'For Sale' because I would have been dead.
you are so funny! I dislike them as well.. He is a big fella!
Your words were so sweet about Chloe,on the comment you left me... thank you...
Yep, I'd have heart failure! That's a big spider even at 4 inches. Not a fan of bugs and I promise to not call Peda on ya!
That's one gross, creepy spider.
I'm glad Georgia is very far from Ontario!
Oh my word! That's a cool photo, though. :)
arachnophobe here. I would have freaked out too.
Daleea,
EEWW!! Scary to me:(
Kim
It looks big from here!!!!!!! I am not a bug fan, Ladybugs, I love but besides that no way! That thing looks dangerous....you are a lot braver than I am, I might have called the exterminator, ha ha lol! JK!
Be careful!
Oh my that picture is creeping me out a little bit.....I HATE spiders ewww they scare me to death!
Good Morning, are you up? We're doing Saturday Morning Live Chats over at my blog, so come on by.
That spider is grossing me out!
Holy guacamole... that thing is huge in a way a spider never should be.
Gotta admit those are some beautiful markings though.
And don't even get me STARTED on PETA. I'm all for animal rights, but those people are one of the most inflammatory groups out there (I used to be peripherally involved).
That is a big spider. That is one thing I can't stand. They make my skin crawl no matter the size.
that is one cool looking spider! Sorry, I am not afraid of bugs :) Gad you were able to get a photo before you enialated it!
if it had wings instead of legs, wouldn't you say it was beautiful?
My cousin lives in Houston and when I visited them I was walking around their yard and discovered one of these as well. I like you, I don't care what it eats, its to big for me so I went and got a can of bug killer and sprayed the entire can on it. I wanted to make sure it was dead!!! LOL
Yikers!!!!
I'm petrified of any bug, but more so of killing them. So, did you squash him like a worm?! Eeewww gross..
Oh yeah - he deserved to die!!! But I have heard spiders are good for gardens!!! hmmm - still not worth it!!!
I was laughing out loud at this post - not funny a spider that big, but your accounting of it is hysterical! (umm, the photo gave me chills - very creepy!!) We saw a beetle, no lie at least six inches long and like a half pound in weight on the porch two weeks ago - ever since then, Em tries to avoid going outside - she says she is "bug-phobit" - glad everyone is having bug issues this season!
Happy Weekend!
Heather
That is one nasty spider. I'll take my lil mouse/mole any day! We had a honkin one last year (not quite like that one) and dh smacked it (against cement on the foundation on the garage) and it made a pop sound, and the mess! ... it's creeping me out just to think about it! I would go for the spray, too!!!
Post a Comment