21 August 2007

What a Weekend! part 2

Saturday
What a wonderful, special, joy filled day! Last summer Nicholas asked Jesus into his heart to be his Lord and Savior. Our church, Calvary Chapel holds it's baptisms at Burke's Beach on Hilton Head. Jeremy had to work last summer when they had it so we have been waiting for the next baptism. It was this Saturday and it was wonderful. I was so thankful to see my son baptized into the body of Christ. Thank You Jesus! Because of your sacrifice on the cross for our sins, because Nicholas has excepted You as his Savior and has been born again I know my son will one day be in Heaven with You for all eternity.... He is forgiven...


I love that his Dad got to be apart of his baptism...

After the baptism it was time to have fun in the sun. Pastor Dan loves to surf and he took turns with the boys teaching them how to surf. Nicholas blew me away.... what a natural. The kid still doesn't even know how to swim yet... (he just started to get the hang of it this weekend) He stayed up on the long board every time. The waves were small but still Mama was impressed that he rode the wave all the way in almost every time..... Woohoooooooooooo (must be from watching all of those Gidget movies with Mom.) hehee My Pastor's wife has given him the name of..... The Siberian Surfer what a great name for when he hits the circuit. lol



Peep had a wonderful day playing in the water and on the beach.... she is a natural little water baby.

A very good day indeed...

15 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh what a special post to share with us. Than you for inviting us in to this special occasion.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
**happy sigh**
What a precious post.
Regarding the previous post; LOVE the glasses on your handsome little man!
**hugs**

Calico Sky said...

What a wonderful post. I am so glad that Nicholas had a good baptism! What an amazing moment it must have been for you as his mother!
Hilton Head, wow...it's wonderful. One of my favourite places for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a special day. Thank you for sharing.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - what a blessed day!! Joy to you all, as Nicholas has taken his first steps on his journey. I pray everyday my children will know the full love of the Lord. So happy for you, what a happy mommy and for him, how wonderful the Word is available to him and part of his everyday life! Thanks for sharing - I saw pics of your cuties on some other sites and that little Hannah, she is a sweetie too! Thanks for allowing us to view pics of such a special moment.
Heather

jennifer said...

Very cool! What a special weekend. He looks too cute on that surf board.

3 Peanuts said...

Congrautlations Nicholas!

You are quite the surfer dude! Will and Harry keep asking when you are coming back. They loved hanging out with you.

Kim aka "Miss Kate"

redmaryjanes said...

God bless him each day of his life and guide him.
What a wonderful blessing. I am so glad to see your son choosing to follow Christ.

insanemommy said...

Yea, Nicholas. I love the pics of him on the surf board,

But, I thought you lived in GA? Am I confused?

Lisa said...

Wow what an awesome weekend! I know your heart is filled with joy about your son.

Don and Be said...

What a wonderful time all around - Nicholas' public affirmation of his faith & beautiful beach weather. Great pics!

Nikki said...

What an incredibly special day!
Congratulations Nicholas... and you must be one extremely proud momma!

Lori said...

Congratulations to Nicholas, what a special and memorable day!

Beckyb said...

That is just awesome - that is our goal - to see our little ones turn their lives to Christ - I am sure you are just praising over there - how wonderful!!!

Sophie's Mom said...

I don't know how I missed this post before!

How WONDERFUL he is professing his faith to all! My DH, myself and my oldest daughter were all baptized together, a number of years back now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...