21 August 2007

What a Weekend! part 3

Sunday





Kim from 3 Peanuts and her family invited us to visit them on their vacation at Hilton Head. Debbie from Hiking Through Life With Ian and Lili and her family came down to on Sunday. It was so wonderful to all be together. I have fallen in love with both of these families. Kim and Debbie are so dear to my heart and have become dear friends. Their children are precious and I just love them. Dave and Dan are great and Dave was so gracious to let us all come and crash his vacation getaway. Things were quite busy to say the least!

I had such grand plans for a wonderful picture taking fest but it was STINKIN' HOT so I was in the water a lot. My camera was not cooperating, (still drooling over Kim and Debbie's cameras... I want one too!) and Hannah was keeping me on the move! I didn't get very many shots. They were out of focus. My lovely Peep had me constantly on the go so I hardly got any of the boys.

But other than the lack of pictures and time it was a fantastic day filled with fun, laughter, bonding, sharing, swimming and fun in the son. The boys hit it off famously. The girls were instant friends. The husbands were oh, so patient. And we ladies had a ball.

On our way home I asked Nicholas if he had a good day.... he answered...

"I had a SPLENDID day!"

That pretty much sums it all up...

I miss them already and can't wait to get together again. Oh, if only we lived closer. I am truly blessed to call them friend.

Debbie and Kim.... my friends... I love you both!

A special thank you to Dave for not only allowing Kim's blogging buddies to come and play but also for making 2 trips to the beach and back to pack out all of our beach gear and load it into my car! What a gentleman! I thank you sir.

13 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

What do you mean that your camera was not cooperating! These are great :D I love ~ love ~ love the one of Hannah laying down on the step! So cute :D

You are so sweet and I love seeing you too! I miss you guys so much and can hardly wait till the next time :D

Ladybug hugs,
Debbie

mommy24treasures said...

I think they are great too! It is too hot to get really pefect shots here. We walk out and sweat pops out on Caitlyn's forehead.
I think its wonderful you all got to get together and have so much fun. What beautiful children...

Daniella said...

Great pictures - I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time together.

C's Mom said...

Great photography!

It looks like it was a wonderful time for all.

kitchu said...

So glad you were all able to meet and that you had such a great time, the pics are fabulous!

jennifer said...

Sounds like a blast. Your pictures are cute.

kerri said...

I love the photos, my fave is the girls in their white dresses, so sweet.

Nikki said...

What wonderful beach pics of what sounds like a truly magical time!

Lori said...

What fun that you could meet up with one another! Looks like a terrific time!
We're going in a couple of weeks, hopefully it will cool a bit.
The photos are terrific!

insanemommy said...

Wow are they cute. I wish I lived closer to all of you too. Great photos as always mommy!

Colleen said...

For a "non-cooperating camera" you got some great pics. You KNOW how I love beach pictures.

redmaryjanes said...

I thought that I recognized little Kate Emerson there. Look at those two little beauties together. I think a lot of Kimber. I'm glad that you two are friends.

3 Peanuts said...

Smooch, smooch. Not only are you a good writer and great photographer BUT you can sing too Mama!!! You shocked me with that great singing. It was slendid! We MUST do it again!!

Love,
Kim and the gang.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...