15 October 2007

WaterColor 101





The most difficult task of homeschooling seems to be keeping a 23 month old busy with activities. Last week I pulled out my big guns.... Watercolor.... Peep had a blast for almost 30 minutes.... WOOHOOO! However the concept seemed to elude her as she found painting herself far more entertaining than painting the paper. P.S. Not all water color washes out!
I am going to be taking a break for a while. I won't be posting as much. I will still be visiting every one's blogs but won't be commenting as much. I have to try to cut back on my time on the computer so that I can work on other projects. Hope everyone is doing wonderful!

28 comments:

kerri said...

LOL. BTDT.
Not all washable markers are washable, oh the fibs, shame on them!!! ;)
Looks like a lot of fun going on in those photos!!

t~ said...

HEEHEE! She looks like she's thoroughly enjoying herself!

Enjoy your time, we'll be here when you get back.

mommy24treasures said...

cute. You need magic color wonder. Pricey but no mess.
Caitlyn sleeps until 930 so we are doing alot of school work early in the morning and then at nap time.
I know keeping Peep busy must be a challenge indeed.
Please post pics of my little sweethearts once a week! I need to see their beautiful faces!:):)

Nikki said...

Watercolors are always fun - for very BRAVE mommas only!

I am also going to be spending less time on the computer - more time with family!

4D said...

A budding artiste!

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

She looks like she had a ball.
You do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. I'll still keep checking in!

jennifer said...

Too funny. My preschoolers went to this awsome artsy preschool, so I didn't have to do the paints very often.

Enjoy your time, we all need a break every now and then.

Tracy said...

Too funny! I'm a wimp and haven't let Hannah indulge in water colors yet! And these photos have set her back even more!! ;)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You do what you need to do for your family and yourself first. We all understand..Hope you are able to check in at least once a week. We all do care!!! You do have to work around alot of other things but home schooling is awesome for kids this day and age....

Football and Fried Rice said...

I like how she obviously put the paint brush in her mouth! From one home schooling mama to another; I understand the temptation and the time that the computer takes. I may be going to a trial run of only turning the computer on - on T-TH..that sort of thing. I need to find something that works & I must admit...I'm a little frightened of what will happen to our "schedule" when our mei mei comes home!! Take all the time you need & know that we are here for support:=)

3 Peanuts said...

Daleea,

I will miss Peep and Mishka and YOU! I know this can be time consuming. I do it while the peanuts are sleeping or at school. I could not blog and homeschool. Please don't be gone too long. These pictures are very cute.

Kim

Sonya said...

You know what my DH would say....GROSS! He can't stand a mess and it is now rubbing off on me!
So, when can Katie Lin come over to paint?

Sonya ;)

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I think she thinks watercolours are edible too...looks like she had a blast at art time!

Anonymous said...

What great photos! I lobed them and laughed:). I am homeschoolong my 15 year old, with my 26 month old. Not a task for the faint of heart!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness are you a brave mom. I totally hate the painting and crafty stuff becuase of the mess. You brave mom!!!

I will miss your frequent posts but I will still check in just in case you have a new post.

Christy :)

Lisa said...

We all understand! I have a hard time keeping up too. Family always comes first. I am thinking of you. Post when you can. Will check in and hope to see a new post when you have a minute.
Looks like she had a great time painting. Little Peep is just precious! Tell the two little ones Ana Claire said hello.

Lisa and Tate said...

How fun!!!

Kim said...

She is too cute for words....I think you have a budding artist on your hands!

Kim from TX

Michelle said...

So much fun ... and your girl is so beautiful!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i was just "journey to isabella" and was saying how i have made all these crafty friends and i can't even draw a straight stick person and now i see you have ventured into paint land ... i am inspired by the two of you ... i can't imagine trying to home school and keep a toddler occupied ...YOU ROCK !!!

Heather said...

Oh sweet Hannah is painty, but oh so cute! Precious pictures - she looks like she is having fun. We do a lot of color wonder these days, but that looks way more fun:)

Heather

insanemommy said...

I love the black lips. I thought maybe she was getting ready for Halloween! I haven't done the paint thing yet. I may need to break down and buy them a paint set...

I hope you continue to post pictures even if you don't blog. I would miss your little cuties precious faces.

Elise said...

Totally hear ya about blog cut back....we all need the time to do our lives!

Looks like you found a good way to occupy while homeschooling:)

Beckyb said...

From one homeschooling Mom to another - YEP - I HEAR YOU!!!! We need more hours in our day, don't we!?!? I have cut back on my blogging too - it just doesn't all fit in the day!

Dawn said...

What a priceless photo of your little Artist!!

mommy24treasures said...

hope all is going well on your projects. Miss you :)
Hope homeschool is going well too.

Leslie said...

Oh boy, looks like she had fun. Please don't be gone for too long!

Lori said...

Oh, do I understand, although I'm sure I have it a lot easier with Elliot being 4 and all!
Hang in there and do what you can, I'm sure you're doing a great job!
Cute pictures, black of all colors huh?! You're brave!

ps I HATE when they boys say the "P" word!! LOL :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...