29 November 2007

Gypsy Blue...












Lady Peep presents....

Gypsy Blue

Well, here is my latest design. I found this fabric and fell in love. This is what it inspired. The pictures do not do it justice. My stinkin' camera was taking forever to focus and by then Peep was on the move! So frustrating.

When I bought the fabric I thought I bought enough for two outfits. One to sell. But I kept adding to the design and by the time I finished it has close to 4 yards in it. I don't know where it all went. lol Anyway, I am hoping I can still get more of the fabric so I can make at least one more and sell it. So, my question to all of you is... What do you think I should set the price at? I will be honest, by the time I buy the fabric and put all the time in it I don't know if it is worth it unless I can get what I am thinking. Plus if I put it on Ebay or Etsy there are those fees. So I haven't decided how I am going about it yet. I need to start selling so I can buy more fabric and work on the designs swimming around in my head until 3 in the morning. lol

Please let me know what you think. I will have to do another photo shoot. Hannah looked so darling but I didn't get the shots I was hoping for. If I can get Lady Peep going I want to save up for a new camera! (I should be wanting to pay bills but that is no fun) I have grand dreams of someday being able to bring in enough money to be able to start the process to find my daughter in China that for now lives only in my heart. I have named her Isabella and I know if she is truly mine the Lord will move mountains to bring us together.

I also want to thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and friendship. I cherish each of you and each one of you have touched my heart in a special way.

God Bless You

26 comments:

Team Houston said...

You are so talented. I love what you have made and your daughter is so SWEET!

I know how you feel. I tried taking Senior Photos and other Portriats for extra money. The money is good but it takes up so much of my time. By the time I go take the pictures, edit them and then show the client it is not worth the money to me now.

I already work full time now so it was taking up to much time away from my family which was taking the fun out of some thing I really enjoy, taking photos. So now I only do them for close friends. I guess why I am sharing this with you is because I know where you are coming from.

One idea....My friend who sells and makes hair bow/head bands brings them to the school I work at and who ever wants to purchase them will. That way she can have 100% profit. Or if anyone is having a clothing party, jewerly party, pampered chef party, etc. she will leave her stuff there for people to purchase. You could also post a section on your blog and maybe sell them from there (just an idea, not sure if it would work??) Kinda like that one blog I found where she works on blog layouts for people and donates a portion to charity.

I am sure what ever you decide to do it will work out. If you sell them or give the outfits away as a special gift they will be treasured.

Anyways, I am ramblig now.
Love the photos and good luck. Love that name Isabella too, thanks for sharing your dream about her.
~Michele

Debbie said...

I love the outfit!!! I don't know what to tell you to put on it as a price. Normally I have heard what you have in it and double it. BUT... I am not sure that would pay for your work. I sew too but not like that!!! Let me know though what you decide!!!

Debbie Wankel

jennifer said...

Cute! One day I'll have a little girl to buy them for! Definitely think the camera is the better choice!

Kayce said...

WOW!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!! Where can we buy?????

Snowflowers Mum said...

Love the outfit!

I'd buy ten of them if we weren't fundraising for Paisley.

But...as soon as we have her home I'll be giving you a call!

One for Piper, one for Paisley!

Hayley

adele and dan said...

Love the outfit! I hope you can show me how to make something when I finally get my Siena. I have trouble even sewing a button on so I have a long way to go:) I hope you have a wonderful time at the cookie party tomorrow and I hope we can me soon! Maybe at CNY...

kerri said...

I adore the outfit, I haven't a clue what you might charge, but it is evident how much time, material and love is stitched in your design.
I sure hope someday you might bring your dream, Isabella, home where she belongs. Never give up on your dreams. :O)

Steffie B. said...

When can I put in my order?????? And how do I send you measurements?

Nikki said...

Well, that just brings new meaning to the term "Little Miss Fancy-Pants!"
Hannah looks just stunning, as always. You have a real talent. Follow your dreams - sell your beautiful clothes and someday bring home your baby Isabella!

t~ said...

So cool! Love it and the photos!

Abby's Mom said...

You are so very talented! Beautiful outfit and beautiful little girl :)

Calico Sky said...

Wow, what an outfit!
Why don't you try and sell via this site?
Price, I've heard what it cost then double it, I was thinking maybe $39.99 or $49.99??

Calico Sky said...

okay, I've been thinking about it, maybe $39.99 is too little, I think it's worth much more!

insanemommy said...

Oh sweetie. I know what creations like yours go for... You could easily set the bar and set it high.. 75.00++ for sure.... Hannah looks simply preciousin your designs. I love the hat! G-d you're good. G-d gave you a beautiful talent. Now you need to use what he gave you.

Love you.

Rony

Kim said...

Hello my name is Kim ,
LID 4/28/07... I found you through a fellow blogger...
Hannah is adorable...
Love the outfit...
Do you sell your designs???
If not you should.. they are wonderful
Kim

Christy said...

Love it. I can totally see that shirt with a cute pair of jeans. Very cute and I see where the 4 yards went-- there is a ton of material in the outfit-- TOTALLY CUTE!!!

Christy :)

Steffie B. said...

Have a great week....how did the fabric shopping go?

Heather said...

Daleea, You have outdone yourself and you have the most gorgeous little one to make these special outfits for - she looks stunning!! The outfit is too cute for words and Hannah just looks at home in Mommy's beautiful creations.

You will need a team to meet all of our requests for clothing as beautiful as this!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent and your pretty little girl too!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Lady peep is so darn darling! How can you take it :)?! I lovbe, love, love the outfits youy sewing. WEhta a talented woman you are, and yes, I LOVE sewing for my baby girl!

I paid $45 dollars in an upscale boutique for some cute pants for Jane. I think if you think about your time in the outfit, and pay yourself an hourly rate, it may work out. Maybe check some of the etsy shops selling clothes for toddlers. n I know you can make money at this! You go girl!

kitchu said...

In Trinidad when you think a baby is cute, you say, "She is cute for DAYS" (meaning, really really cute).

She's cute for days, and that outfit is adorable.

Ashley Winters said...

Wow! What a beautiful outfit you created for your daughter. She looks lovely in it.

I wish I could sew!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the person that said $75 ++ - I think that's a steal! It would be way more in retail.....you should just go for it and see what happens!
** big hugs to you to talented little thing !!**

Lisa and Tate said...

You are very talented! Love the colors and your design!

3 Peanuts said...

You are so talented Daleea! You amaze me... from laying floors to making soaps and cosmetics to sewing...what can't you do. Oh and you sing beautifully! You know I would buy clothes from you!

Kim

Patricia said...

How talented you are! I absolutely love the outfit! It is adorable! And your little sweetie is the perfect model. Such expressions she has!
Let me know when you have these outfits available!
Patricia

crazylady said...

You are beyond talented. The outfit is outrageous!

I shop second hand and couldn't afford that get up but MAN I can dream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...