28 February 2008

Confessions of a FRUSTRATED Mom....

First let me say, "I LOVE my son!" Secondly, this post is not for the faint of heart....

Having said that.... Nicholas is the most sweet, wonderful, precious boy who can be a BIG STINKER HEAD! His attitude can turn ugly at the drop of a hat. He is being a big STINKER HEAD this morning. I told him if he didn't straighten up I would put Hannah's dirty diaper in his pillow case tonight. He replied, "No, you won't." I told him, "Yes, I will do it if you don't get rid of this stinky attitude..." He then replied as I left his room, in a very adamant, disrespectful tone, "NO. You will NOT!" Well...................................................................... he obviously doesn't know me as well as he thinks he does. I am awaiting the deliver of a pooh pooh platter to Diaper Town today. When it arrives it will be enclosed in the diaper, wrapped in a plastic bag, (with a slight opening to allow the aroma to waft through the air) stored in the garage until the appropriate time. When it will be strategically placed on top of a towel, resting on top of his pillow, under his pillow case. (I promise I will wash everything) But sometimes a Mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do! My husband is a little shocked and disgusted by the whole thing I do believe.....

I know, I know, you probably are too..... For the record, I did not read this attitude changing technique in a book..... my creative mind has come up with it on my own.... it's amazing how resourceful you can become when dealing with BAD ATTITUDES!

So, tell me what you think..... do you think I am horrible? If you do.... I probably won't post to tell if I truly did it or not...... BWAAA HA HA

Have a Happy Day!

(I just love it when I get an opportunity to use Chisum the chiwahwah's happy poop face.)

19 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I am cracking up! NO, I do not think you are horrible and I think it will be a funny lesson learned and he'll always remember it!

mommy24treasures said...

Something new I am trying is vinegar or jalapenos. When Jaocb has a bad attitude or is sassy or says anything unkind he gets a couple of swigs or a few peppers in his mouth. I haven't been doing it long enough to swear by it yet but I am hopeful and can say he dreads it more than ANYTHING I have ever threatened him with so I am very hopeful. Someone told me they read it in Creative discipline.
It really helped daddy 24 not lose his temper so much to have a plan of discipline ready as well. The minute touble arises we warn then follow through and don't get mad.
Hugs to you on your yucky day. You are a pillar of strength and are a wonderful momma!:)

Debbie said...

You gotta do what you said you wre going to do!!!!!!! I think, hey give it a try and if it works, let me try it with my 16 year old!!!!!

Debbie

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

Oh Girlie Girl! We are more alike that you will ever know :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

jennifer said...

I think he will remember that when his mom says she is going to do something, she'll do it. Maybe next time, the threat could be something a little less gross!!!

Sharon said...

OMGosh!! You are so funny! I think... there must come a time in every son's life when he learns that his sweet, gentle mother can and might play a little dirty...

April said...

lol...you have to do what you say you are going to do. I can't wait to hear how that works out. You will get to hear about it the rest of your life. I'm sure when you are old and gray in your rocker or off of it you will still be hearing about the time my mom... I sure hope it works.

I better watch out being sassy with you I might get poop in my bed. LOL I'm really really sorry about the "look in the mirror" comment yesterday. I promise I will be good from now on. Please oh Please don't put poop in my bed.

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, never threaten to do something you aren't willing to do!
I also have ZERO tolerance for stinky attitudes and I hope your poo poo platter delivers up an attitude adjustment for your son.
(And yes, we know he is a wonderful kiddo and you love him with all of your heart...that goes without saying.)
You rock, momma!

Paula said...

I say, DO IT !! and thanks for being real. It seems like some families blogs I read never have any problems, hmmm.....
Love the poo pic at the end :)

Shari said...

You totally have to do it. Especially since he said, "No you will not!" You HAVE to. Can't wait to hear his response.

insanemommy said...

Girl, you gotta warn me when you're tossing the ka-ka. I nearly spewed my wine all over the computer. My favorite too!! I'm with the rest. No idle threats. Follow through is the only way to get your point across.

Love you.

Beth said...

I can't wait to read about how this turns out. :)

I can't believe how much I've missed. It has been a while since I've checked in with you. Praise God that your husband is OK. What a tragedy! Do you have any updates about the explosion?

It was good to stop by this evening. Thanks for making me smile. I know I have similar attitudes to look forward to. Hope is almost 2 after all. :)

Beth

Lori said...

I don't think you're horrible~ that's actually quite clever indeed!
I know those stinky attitudes~ I've seen a few in my days.
Oh there's that happy face again! :)
Daleea, I listed you in my 'what I loved about this week' post for the heart-changing note you sent me earlier this week. Thank you for those comforting and encouraging words my friend. :)

Tab said...

As you say a mom has to do , what a mom has to do. Stink for stinky attitudes. Good luck. LOL

Debbie said...

OK How did it work???????

Debbie

Heather said...

Okay Daleea, I was eating my lunch when I read your post, so you did spoil my sandwich, BUT, I was laughing out loud! This certainly is the creative route and girl, if he does not remember this, the I don't know what will sweeten his mood:)

Hard to believe that gorgeously handsome boy could have a cross bone in his body...but they all have their "stuff"!

Can't wait to read the above post
Heather

Anonymous said...

My girls are much older now but when my oldest was a teenager her attitude STUNK to the hilt!!! The comment was always "It stinks in here so it must be your attitude" Those teenage years were rough but we survived and she and I have a much more loving relationship. I never thought to use poo to get the stinky point across. A mom has to do what a mom has to do!!!

Steffie B. said...

you crack me up....email me and tell me how you are putting pictures in a cropped look. Like the test blog China/pagoda pic.

Calico Sky said...

LOL oh I've missed your antics!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...