It has taken me a while to post this but here goes...
1. When I counted how many schools I attended growing up it came to over 20. I hated moving all of the time. It was very difficult for me but looking back I can see that it helped me become who I am and I wouldn't have met all the wonderful people I met if we didn't move all of the time.
I am quite strange and some may say weird so I don't know why I am having a hard time thinking of things. lol
2. My friend and I used to go Night Crawler (BIG WORMS) hunting on Friday and Sat nights when our dads would irragate the gardens and orchards. We would get a big coffee can and flash lights and fill up our can with all of those big worms. sometimes we got to use them to go fishing. Other times we tried to sell them to people who were going fishing so we could buy candy bars.
3. Growing up I LOVED the smell of skunks! (not if it was too close and too strong) I still miss that smell.... I would take deep breaths and breath it in. I don't think we have skunks in GA. Too Bad...
4. I was the Bay City Rollers biggest fan! (I'm dating myself) hehee
5. I once wore a bull's scrotum on my head for a hat.... click HERE to read the tale. lol
6. When I was a sophomore or junior in high school I was obsessed... I wanted to be a seal so bad. I didn't want to be one permanately but Oh, how I wished that I could transform into a seal when ever I wanted and go and swim and play with the other seals.... I finally confessed my deep, dark, strange secret to my friend and she started to laugh.... then proceeded to tell me she wanted to be a seagull.
7. When I was a sophomore in high school I loved Strawberry Shortcake and mad a dress out of fabric of Strawberry Shortcake and wore it to school.... I always have marched to the beat of a different drum.
One of my favorite quotes was sent to me on a card from my Aunt. I don't know who wrote it but it is....
"Those who hear not the music... think the dancer madd." Oh, how I hear the music and oh, how so many think I am madd. lol
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Please continue to pray for those enduring the hardships of the storms in China.
8 comments:
I love it that you wanted to be a seal! I always thought it would be fun to be a dolphin!
Oh how funny about the bull scrotum!! I LOVE IT!!! I know what you mean about moving, my dad was a contractor and would build us a hose, we would move in and then sell it and build us another! My room was never the same color!! I think that is why I like decorating now!!
And honey , if you like Skunks, come and visit!!!!!
I am going to be in Atlanta next weekend, coming the 15th!!! So I will be in GA!!!
Debbie
Are you baking funny brownies again?
That was an 'ecclectic' list of unusual findings... I don't think I've written a post with Strawberry shortcake, seals and bull testicles. Not to mention the whole gawd awful love of all things skunkado?!
I'm gonna court you some more and see what I can pull out of your hat.. hee hee.
Oh my gosh...I have never met anyone other than me who likes the smell of skunks. I also like the smell of hot wet tar that they put on roads.
My whole room was Strawberry Shortcake, but I was little 7 or 8. But I did wear a lot of Victorian skirts and lacy blouses in grade school. I was so out of fashion in the 80's. I finally got a little trendy in Jr. High. I have always heard the music, but no one else hears it either. Don't worry you are not alone.
You would love living in Santa Cruz, Ca. We had a skunk spray in our garage and the whole house smelled for days. I almost had to go to a hotel.
I'll date myself along with you, I liked the Bay City Rollers Too!~
Oh sweetie...I hear the music!!! Keep dancin'!
(I always wanted to fly...I had numerous dreams that felt soooo real that I would wake up convinced that I could.)
XO
Okay, the seal and the seagull story - totally made me laugh out loud. Classic.
The top of your blog is gorgeous! Your daughter is obviously darling, but you manage to translate to picture, I think, her beauty, throuigh her mama's eyes. I feel like we look right into your heart and see what words can't go deep enough to express sometimes when I see the photos you have taken.
Skunks :) That is really funny. Who knew?
And Strawberry Short cake, she deserves to be loved. Jane will see all of her movies :)!!
As for the music, you keep right on!
Post a Comment