Are you warm? Are your children tucked safely in bed with warm jammies, warm blankets and full tummies? Do you have food in your cabninets, in your refrigerator? Is your heater running? Do you have running water in your faucet? When your baby's diaper needs changed do you have a clean daiper to place on them. When your child is hungry, can you feed them?Most of us can answer yes to this question. Yet so many in this country and around the world cannot answer yes to many of these questions. We have so much... we are so blessed... we take so much for granted... We complaine about trivial things. We worry about things that usually work themselves out. What of those who are fighting for their very survival?
As many of you know China is facing devastating winter storms. Many are without heat, blankets, food, water, the list goes on.
Is your child waiting for you in China? If so I am certain you are praying that someone, anyone will reach out and help them. What of the child that waits in an orphanage somewhere that will never know their Mama or Daddy? That will never be cradeled in their Mother's loving arms and be told how loved they are... how special they are... how cherished they are... The little child that doesn't know what it means to have a full tummy. The little child that doesn't understand why they are always so cold... and now... the heater is not working, they are lying in a soiled diaper, there isn't any food or water.... what of that child?
If you click on the little red mouse above it will take you to a link that you can make a donation to Half the Sky. They are updating on some of the needs of the orphanages that are being hit the hardest. Have you already given? Whether it is a dollar or a thousand dollars.... could you perhaps give a little more...
I realize I might offend someone . I might make someone uncomfortable. But if your child was in an orphange somewhere fighting each day to survive would you hope, would you pray that someone would reach out and help. No we can't help the whole world.... but at the end of your life what better legacy could you leave than that of helping someone. Even if you are only able to make a difference for one person, one child... it matters. It makes a difference to them and to each person that their life touches. It makes a difference to you as well... your legacy...
Please keep China in your prayers... Please pray for the Lord's mercy to be on the children...
God bless the children... and thank God that He has blessed our children...
7 comments:
That was a perfect reminder :D
This whole situation is so sad...I shudder to think of the little ones. I love that there are reminders popping up everywhere for us to give.
XO
Thanks for putting it out there again. If everyone would join us we would make a huge difference. We have given and China and especially the children is the cry of my heart to the Lord. I know my daughter is there right now and it breaks my heart.
It breaks my heart to think of those sweet babies there-so cold. How could someone not help?
Beautiful plea!! Thank you thankyou, I left a note for you come see!
I have friends that are waiting on a referral and it breaks my heart that their baby may be there COLD!! I am praying for these little ones!!!
Debbie
Thanks for getting the word out to more who can help.
Happy CNY to you and yours as well!
Post a Comment