
It is a big day in our family tomorrow... In approximately 5 and a half hours I am getting up to take my baby to camp for the first time! He is so excited! Two weeks at Tybee Island. I have to tell you that I have struggled with this. I am very over protective. I love my children more than my life and I have a tendancy to see danger lurking around every corner. I have been trying to become less nurotic. Trying to trust Jesus to protect my children. Trying to realize how much of my son's childhood is he missing because of his mother's fear. So this year I have been taking steps to give him more freedom, more opportunities to test his wings.... Having said that I can confess that this week I have been a wreck anticipating my son's departure.... I thought when I sent him to camp I would have to worry about a lake (he is just learning to swim and has no fear of water) instead I am dealing with the Atlantic OCEAN! The good news is that at church this morning.... the very last song, I was singing "Surrender" to my Lord and Savior, to my God and I was there..... before His throne. My spirit, my heart was crying out, I surrender all to You.... He gently whispered, "Even your son?" It took a moment but for the first time in my life I was able to say, "Yes, Lord, even my son." I thought of Abraham and Issac.... I have always known I would not have been able to have done what this man of faith did. But what freedom, what peace in surrendering my child to my Lord. I know Jesus loves Nicholas even more than I do.... I know He is far more able to protect him than I and yet even before I first held him in my arms I was always unwilling to surrender my children to my Lord.... I guess I was always afraid He would never bring them home to me if I completely gave them to Him. I wanted Him to know that I NEEDED my children as I waited for Him to answer my prayers and bring them into my life. He knows my love for them... He knows how I need them... but I am relieved to have placed them in His most capable, loving hands.....
"Come unto Me all you who are weary and are heavy laden and I will give you rest....
for My burden is easy andMy yoke is light...."
Thank You Jesus for watching over my babies..... Thank You Jesus for watching over me...

This afternoon I have been able to be so excited for Nicholas but also have become excited for Hannah and I. Nicholas and I had over 4 years together, just he and I without sharing me with his sister. Hannah and I only had two weeks alone together in China. (Daddy was there with all of us of coarse) So now I am thankful that my son will be making wonderful childhood memories as he goes off to camp and I am thankful for this precious time for Peep and I to go on grand adventures of our own.... just we girls...
Please pray for my Meeshka to have a wonderful time and to stay safe. Nicholas, you are my hero.... I am so proud of you! You are so brave. Not once have you ever even considered that you have any reason to be nervous... you are going somewhere you have never been. With people you have never met. Away from your family and yet you embark on it as a grand adventure with excitement. You inspire me to walk in courage and peace........ fly my little eagle, fly....
Lord, Jesus, please keep my baby safe....
23 comments:
Aww...it is SO hard to let them go. I know!!
I remember when my oldest first went away to camp...it was tough to let her go and tough because we can't talk to them every day. Most of the camps do not allow phones. ugh!
She always came home soooo exited about her experience, though. What a Blessing! She always built strong bonds with the kids she would meet at camp each year.
I will be praying for your Nicholas this week...that he stays safe and protected and that he has a wonderful experience!! I will also keep his loving Mommy in my prayers for her peace while he is away and that the time flies by for her!
Daleea...the pictures of you with your children are BEAUTIFUL!!!
{{hugs}} my friend!! Stay busy so time goes quickly for you and enjoy your time with your sweet girl!!!
It was difficult for me when my oldest went to camp for the first time. Do you know other people who have sent their children there? Zach and Ty go to a wonderful Christian camp and they come home energized and on fire for God. It is an amazing experience for them. I am sure that Nicholas is going to have a wonderful time. I will pray for him this week.
First I love the pictures of you and your little ones!!! Beautiful!!
Second, It is so hard to let go,I am so proud of you and it is so good of God to show you yesterday in church, that He will take care of your little boy while he is away from you.
I told my MARRIED, PREGNANT daughter just yesterday, I hated her living so far from me!! I am thankful, I could go help her when she was at her worst, but I still don't like her being in Florida and me in Illinois when she is pregnant and sick!! So I know what you mean!!
Third, You two gals have TONS of fun this time you will have without your son!! HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!
God bless you!
Debbie
Life in Christ is all about letting go in the most difficult areas of our lives. I will pray for you family (as if I don't already), but I will pray specifically over the next two weeks about Nicholas being away at camp. I think every parent has to be Abraham and take our children to the alter give them back to God. Praying for you my friend.
Love the pictures of you and your precious children.
Love,
Your Old Same
Oh Daleea,
How I needed to hear that today. What a beautiful post. My baby will be leaving in 15 days for basic training....ugh! I'm trying very hard to surrender him (and my fears) to our Lord, too.
I will be praying for your sweet Nicholas and for his momma! I hope he has the time of this life! Enjoy your time with Hannah!!
Have a great day!
Monica
Oh it's SO hard, huh?! I've not gotten to the away-at-camp experience yet....and I dread it, but you are a great example to me in this time, so thanks for the courage YOU have and for your faith. :)
I hope your little guy has a fabulous time at camp and I hope you and sweet Hannah have a special time together too!
These pictures of you and your children are just gorgeous~ you look FABULOUS!!!
I will keep you all in my prayers this week. :)
Daleea, I know it's so difficult to let them go. I'll be prahing not only for Nicholas, but for you during this time. It's great that you are seeing the positive side of being able to spend time with your precious little one!
I love the pictures!
~Lynn
yep, God has our spirits connected again ... I totally get the fear of the kids not being under your roof ... I will pray w/you and pray your time w/ your sweet girl will be fabulous ... also, love love love the tattoo (just another thing we have in common)... have i mentioned lately that i think you are beautiful both inside and out !!! .... love ya sister !!!!
I love your analogy between Isaac and Abraham and you letting your son go. What a great little "whisper" from God.
I'm sure he will have a blast.
Love the pics. You have gorgeous hair!
I will pray for Nicholas that he will be safe and have a great time at camp. Have a wonderful time with your sweet daughter Hannah. May God bless your dear family.
Take Care, Cindy
Hope he enjoy his time away. What beautiful pictures of you and your babies.
Lea
xo
What a beautiful post. I hope you all enjoy the next two weeks!
Oh, It is so hard to let them go. I pray that he has a great time and stays safe. Have fun with Hannah. Enjoy the time with her.
It's so hard to let go. I remember when my oldest son went off to college. I wanted to sneak in his boxes of clothes and follow him around. I have always been the kind of mommy that has fought for my children. They don't have a voice when they are little so I have always been their voice (and a loud one). It's hard for me to sometimes take a step back and let them spread their wings...my boys are grown now but I still worry about them. Then there's my baby girls...I cling to them. I know one day I have to be brave and let them spread their wings.
I will keep little Nicholas in my prayers. He is going to have a wonderful time and make fantastic memories that will last a lifetime!
Hang tight little momma {{{hug}}}} your going to be just fine too!
Oh how I remember letting Emmie go....I still have a hard time letting her go....she is at Cedar point right now with her best friend and family....next Sunday she leaves for the University of Michigan to attend volleyball camp....she is going alone....and then the following week she is going to Hope College for soccer camp....it is enough to push me right over the edge!
Nicholas will have so much fun and you and peep can have some special time too......hang in there momma ....you are doing great.....love the pictures. ;)
Daleea, I so understand just ask my boys who are 17 and 20!!! I have always worried about them, knowing full well God does not want us to living in fear, I really struggle with this weakness. Just last week my sister asked if she could take Lily to MY parents house to swim, got that knot in my stomach and ended up asking my youngest son to tag along afraid they could not watch her!!! It's that same knot when my boys are 5 minutes late, don't answer their cell phones, until I hear their vehicles pull in I will worry. I think I have been worse lately after the death of Maria Chapman, we are not promised tomorrow and that really scares me when I think of my children. You are not alone in this, will keep your son in my prayers as well as you:)
My heart skipped a beat reading this. It will be hard to let Isabella go away the first second third...
Your post is so inspiring and the photo's of you with your precious children are beautiful!!!!
Have a blessed week,
Krista @bits and pieces
Nicholas will have a wonderful time, he will have so many stories to share with you when he gets home.
Wonderful pictures of you and the kids, they are beautiful!!
It is SO hard to let them go, even when they go off to college. My 24 year old still calls me every morning on his way to work!
I love these pictures, you are a beautiful mom...inside and out! AND you have the most beautiful hair!!!!!
Awww Daleea - It is so hard to let them go...I have lots of trouble in this area. Sometimes the greater our faith, the tougher the battle:) I'm off to place Nicholas on my prayer list for these two weeks (and his sweet Mommy too;)
Those pictures are gorgeous -may Emily grow up to look just like you:))))
Love,
Heather
First: That is the most beautiful picture of you and your peeps I've ever seen. The love in your eyes shines. As for the camp, well you know I'm going with the chicks! I'm not letting them outta my sight. Extreme?! You bet!!!! lol... Rony
It is so hard to let go! Hugs to you as you release him!
Amy
Nicholas is going to have such a great time! I know it is so hard to let them go. He'll be back before you know it!
Post a Comment