30 November 2008

My Cup Runneth Over.....




This is a post that I have been having difficulty doing.... I am touched to the very core of my heart... I am humbled... and I feel oh, so unworthy of something so beautiful, and generous... So, I couldn't find the words... but then I realized that this isn't about me.... it is about my friend... It is about her beautiful, selfless, giving and loving heart..... Here is the story of the Starfish bracelett... Starfish Foster Home is having a fundraiser this month to help provide money to pay for some of the life saving surgeries needed for the babies they love and nurture in China. They are selling these beautiful braceletts that were designed by ETTIKA just for them. The board of directers most graciously donated a bracelett to the One Child At A Time auction. I was so excited and truly touched that they would give such a beautiful gift to the auction for the babies. Well, Debbie made a most generous bid on the bracelett and she told me she had to win it for it was going to be a gift for a friend that she loved... She won the bracelett and I was so happy for the money it brought for the babies and for her friend who would receive such a lovely and precious gift. I just thought to myself, "Oh, that Debbie.... there she goes again... blessing the children and blessing her friends..... her heart is so loving." Well, yesterday the mail came. There was a padded envelope from one of the board members of Starfish. I couldn't imagine what was inside.... I opened it to find...... the Starfish Bracelett.... my heart stopped and I just started crying. Jeremy kept asking, "What's wrong? What's wrong?" I went on to tell him that Debbie had won the auction for the bracelett and that she had given it to me.... then I read the card enclosed and I sobbed more.... Oh, Debbie.... Thank you so much... I truly don't know what to say. I will treasure it always and it means more than you will ever know. Sometimes I feel quite lonely and misunderstood in this world... sometimes I think that I am doing nothing for the Kingdom of God... to serve Jesus.... then the Lord blesses me with friends such as you and I am humbled and blessed more than words can say. Not only is it a precious gift from a beloved friend (that I still just can't believe) but it is like a big hug from God saying..... see Daleea... you do make a difference or you would not be blessed and loved by such beautiful friends... This treasure is so dear to me for so many reasons... I wish that I could find the words...... "Thank You " will never be enough... I love you friend....... I also want to say, that Debbie wanted this for me because of the auction.... yet she has given time and time again in donations of her time, her work, her profits, and in bids to help save the lives of these precious children.... Thank you sweet friend.

I also wanted to thank another beloved friend who is a constant blessing in my life.... she too has given me priceless gifts of love.... I was not able to share with you about her and her gifts do to extinuating circumstances.... but to my friend... You know who you are and Thank you so much for all you do and for who you are....

I love you both so much and the world is a better place because of you.... May God bless you....

(Please click on the Starfish Bracelett and it will link you to their fundraiser site if you would love one of these beautiful braceletts for yourself or as a gift to someone you love... also please come and visit our auction One Child At A Time.... we have been blessed with lots of wonderful donations to auction to raise funds for the little one's surgeries.)


15 comments:

jennifer said...

What a sweet friend! You are so blessed.

That is awesome that they donated the bracelet for your auctions!

OH MY #6 said...

this is such a special story. Thank you for sharing. You have made my day.

Lea
xo

Sharon said...

Well that post definitely made me tear up! Enjoy your bracelet. What a gift!

Debbie said...

What a great friend and how sweet of her!!! It makes it that much more special!

Debbie

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh Daleea...don't ever doubt whether you are making a difference in the lives of so many!!! You have made a HUGE difference in my life and I honestly can not remember what my life was like before knowing you. Thru your labor of love you have paved the way for over $7000 to reach the Starfish Foster Home saving the lives of babies!!!! That is not a small thing my friend! You have brought me closer to God is so many ways by your loving example. I have only known Debbie for a couple of months but in that time I have learned what a kind and loving heart she holds! She is another one that has touched me in a way I can't describe...moments I will never forget. I'm so grateful that she chose to send this special gift to you! I can't think of anyone that deserves it more and what a great way to remember the little lives you have helped save!!! Please don't ever change the loving spirit you are regardless of who may or may not understand. It is so evident that you put God above all thru your huge loving heart!!!

Okay...your post has me an emotional wreck again. The adoption community is amazing!

Love,
Robin

kerri said...

You certainly are making a difference, your very inspiring to us all!
What a beautiful gift..

The Byrd's Nest said...

Your friend is a beautiful gift from God. You too my friend share the same gift...you bless us blog Mom's each time you write a heartfelt post. You have a servant heart.

April said...

What a wonderful friend she is. What a precious gift for you to have and be able to remember the children always.

Love you,
Lily

Unknown said...

what a beautiful beautiful post

redmaryjanes said...

Sometimes good things go around. This is one of those times. You and Debbie are both amazing women.
Very inspiring to me!

Joy said...

Dear daughter of my heart...what a perfect gift for you. Your happiness makes all of us happy, too.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Daleea, You are a gift to the blog community and china's foster children, and I am sure so many more. i am so glad you have the bracelet! How sweet this story is! May God shower you in blessings my friend! May He multiply your efforts and astound you with His love for you again and again!

Michelle R Photography said...

What a beautiful story. How sweet of Debbie. You are so deserving of this bracelet and so much more.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a wonderful friend you have. Daleea you are such a beautiful person both inside and out. You have done so much for so many and you do it all out of love. I am so happy to know you and to be a part of your world {{{{hug}}}}} When you look at that bracelet I hope that it is a reminder of all the good you have done and the love that people have for you.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

OMG - I am speechless! I have been so busy that I haven't had time for the blogs. I came home from Christmas and popped around to a few and don't know how I missed this! I never read comments - and well - these I did. When I saw that bracelet - I wrote Kim or Red Mary Jane :D and told her that you had to have it! You are such an inspiration to me. You are changing the world dear friend - one little heartbeat at a time :D You have poured your heart and soul into this and you are everything that each one of these folks have written! I am so glad that you like it - and that make me happy :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

BTW - I just got the nerve to write Amanda and she wrote me back. These is a beautiful little girl at Starfish and her name is Faith. She has a PWS on her face and Li Li and I have fallen in love with her. Li Li is send her a baby doll for Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...