13 November 2008

Who I Am.......

This is a post that has been on my heart for some time now....
Who I Am....
I have told lies ~ I am a liar.
I have harbored anger against my brother in my heart~ I am a murderer.
The list goes on and on...
A friend has very recently called me a hypocrite.
She is correct. I am a hypocrite. I profess the truth of God with my mouth , yet so often my words and actions are contrary to His perfect will. That does not change the fact that He is holy and His truth is absolute.

I sometimes receive comments from friends and those visiting my blog that although they make my heart smile I am oh, so unworthy of. I love my Lord, Jesus Christ. I have a heart for the lost. For those who have not received the gift of salvation that Jesus gives to us all freely. But we must receive it to be saved from eternal damnation. Each time I speak of Who God is.... of What He is.... I am concerned that those hearing or reading my words will think more of me that what I am. Or that they will look at me and my sinful self and judge God by my words or actions. The bottom line is that I am a wretched, sinful dirt bag that is unworthy of any praise. The Good News is that though my sins are as scarlet, He washes me white as snow. I am forgiven. Any good that you see in me is Jesus living in me. He alone is worthy of our praise. He alone is Holy and righteous. He alone is perfect. It is Him that I am praising not myself. I am not any better than any other human being that has ever walked this earth. My righteousness is like filthy rags before God. So, when I speak of my God, of His truth..... please know that it has nothing to do with me..... of who and what I am.... No, I am not worthy but He is! His truth is absolute and He is never changing. Though I am not faithful, He is and oh, how He loves you.
So, if you look at me and see something good know that it is God in me.... shining through all the muck and the mire... through all the sin. If you look at me and see a hypocrite, a liar, a person contrary to who God is...... if you feel the need to flog me .... so be it.... but please don't try to flog my Lord and Savior again because of me. He has already been mocked, beaten, whipped, scourged, flogged, spit upon and crucified for my sins..... He has already paid the price for who and what I am.....
To the world who looks upon Christians and Judges God according to their words and actions.... I say to you that it is far too convenient to do so in order to justify your lives.... Quite frankly it is a cop out to judge God upon the actions of a created human being. You are falling into a snare that satan has strategically laid out for you to fall in. There is no true self justification. We are all sinners. It is only by receiving the saving grace of Jesus Christ, only by receiving His gift of salvation, by confessing and repenting of our sins and asking Jesus into our hearts to be our Lord and Savior that we are forgiven. That we receive eternal life through Him. We cannot do it in and of ourselves.... Jesus is the ONLY WAY! Any other road leads straight to an eternity in Hell.
I beseech you, do not look at me or anyone else to come to your conclusion of Who God is and what His truths are..... Go to Him! Search His truth in the Bible.... seek Him...... He loves you and is waiting for you with open arms....
Lastly I ask forgiveness from my God and from each of you that I have let down because of my shortcomings.... because of my sin. I am so sorry for any hurt I have caused you.... and even more so I grieve knowing that instead of shining a light in the darkness, instead of perhaps helping you to know the Lord a little better I have been a stumbling block for you...... I am oh, so sorry..... Please forgive me. I will pray that God undoes the harm that I have done... Please don't let me be a factor that keeps you from knowing Him...

In answer to the question ~ WHO Am I? I am a sinner who falls short of the glory of God each and every day.... I am a Christian who by the grace of God am forgiven.... I am someone who cries out to my God asking him to help those who are lost to come to know Him.... to draw them close to Him like a moth to a flame to find His truth and receive His Son so that they too may be forgiven and we can all one day stand before the throne of God All Mighty together and praise Him for all eternity...

22 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I am standing right here with you my friend. That is who I am too.

Kristy said...

There is nothing to apologize for, and you do not have to explain yourself to anyone. For He knows exactly who you are.

Love and blessings, Kristy

mommy24treasures said...

oh Daleea you have the sweetest heart...I love you, dear sister in Christ. You are beautiful and kind and very bold in your beliefs. I find all those attributes admirable.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Daleea,

No..you are not perfect...I'm not perfect...no one is perfect. We all sin and we are ALL hypocrites at one point or another...because we are of the human flesh. I admire your passion for the Lord and the way that you care for others. By knowing who you are I know that your itentions are nothing short of loving regardless of how they are received. It hurt to read your post. It felt like you were really beating yourself up. I would like to ask anyone that calls someone a hypocrite to look in their own backyard. Thank you for having the courage to stand up for what you believe at the risk of being ridiculed. I'm sorry you've been hurt in doing so.

Love you!
Robin

Tina said...

I'm sorry you are hurting. You are a beautiful child of God and your honesty and faithfulness will bring others to seek Him and to seek His word.
We are ALL unworthy of His grace, but He loves us and He forgives- that simple.
Tina

Anonymous said...

You are very humble.

Lea
xo

lora said...

The perfect testimony of who Christ is to us.

I'll be bowing right there along side you to our Awesome God, who indeed deserves all the Glory and praise...
Thanks for reminding me today to remember who I really am. A sinful child who has been brought with an incredible price.
I'll be praying you have a blessed day,
lora

Ohilda said...

Daleea,

Oh dear friend, I love your heart. I love your love for the Lord and above all, I love the Jesus in you.

It's that passion for our Savior that continues to bring me back to your blog. You have no idea how much He is using you.

Your friend who will be bowing right by you at our Lord's throne...

Ohilda

Unknown said...

Daleea,

I too join you. I am always so humbled by how God loves me,...how He sent his son Jesus to die for me. ....me?? Yes me. And you. What did I ever do to deserve it? Nothing. But by simply believing and accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I will dwell in heaven with Him one day. This to me is mind blowing.

Our God Is an AWESOME God.

Love to you,
Cinamon

Lisa said...

Oh Daleea, it sounds like someone hurt you. I am so sorry. No one is perfect. We are all sinners. What an awesome God we have that he can so easily forgive us. If we as humans could be so forgiving. I admire you for standing up and showing no fear to express your beliefs. You are a precious person inside and out. I considered it a privilage the time that we spent together when I came for a visit. You are truly one of God's precious treasures.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Daleea- I am so sorry that you are hurting {{{hug}}} You are one of the sweetest most loving person that I know. You are always giving and so generous. I am sad that you feel the need to explain your self to anyone. None of us are perfect we are all flawed in some way..that's what makes us human.
You are a beautiful person in side and out {{{[hug}}}} I hope you know how much happiness you have brought to so many of us.

Steffie B. said...

And I am holding your hand....because I too am like you.....you are such a beautiful soul....have a wonderful weekend sweet girl...
Hugs,
Steffie

Daniella said...

Daleea - I have followed your blog for a long time - I don't always comment. Your are so obviously a kind, beatiful person and I'm so sorry you have to defend or exlain yourself on your blog. Stay strong.

The Byrd's Nest said...

That is who we all are but we are saved! We are free! He sees us only as He sees Himself! Pure!

I love you my friend.

Sophie's Mom said...

Beautifully written, I have missed you friend.
Christine

Gwen Oatsvall said...

sister never think that those of us that love the Lord are looking at you to find fault or perfection ... we look to each other so we can get a glimpse of Christ ... He lives in us and when we have a moment where we GET IT and act according to His love it is a great moment, but then we know the sin will follow because we are flesh ...

always loving your heart here and wanting to encourage you on your journey ...

insanemommy said...

None of us are perfect, but...you my friend are one of a kind. He shines on you.

Hugs.
Rony

RamblingMother said...

Amen

Debbie said...

Daleea, You are no different than anyone else. WE are ALL just like that!! You are a sweet, God loving gal and I am proud to call you my friend!!

Debbie

Heather said...

Hugs and encouragement sister - feel the love, feel the friends standing beside you professing just what you hav e humbly and graciously said right here...thank you for the truth, for allowing Him to speak through you, for your obedience. Just love you!

Heather

Alyson and Ford said...

I am so thankful you wrote that as I too am so imperfect, mean to do well, but fall short. You are a blessing!
I say I will follow God and Jesus but fail so many times. I try to love more. I need God's wisdom every day and forgiveness too.

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Family Day 09/16/08

Doug and Terrye said...

Isn't it wonderful that we serve a loving and gracious God who tells us "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
And "there is none righteous, no not one." Right there with you sister :)

Terrye in FL
(Debbie T.'s Friend)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...