I just finished wrapping the Christmas Presents... Childhood memories come flooding back. I was thinking about how when my two cousins and I were growing up. My Grandma would watch us sometimes and she would let us each unwrap a Christmas gift. But we had to be very careful not to tare the wrapping paper. We would oh, so carefully unwrap our gift, peek inside to see what it was then carefully re-wrap it so our parents wouldn't know we had been into it. Then on Christmas morning we would act all surprised. We would beg Grandma to let us unwrap another one and every once in a while she would let us unwrap one or two more. It was our little secret.
Oh, Grandma, I miss you so much. So many things remind me of you.
Please give Jesus a big birthday hug for me and ask Him to hug you too!
Merry Christmas Grandma....
I love you...........................

(snowmen were my Grandma's favorite... I love them too.)
10 comments:
What a wonderful memory Daleea. I am certain that she is near. :)
As I read this posts tears flowed, last night I unwrapped decorations given to me and the girls by my Grandma. This is the second years he hasn't been with us and the hurt is so raw. As I placed the decorations on and under the tree I felt her with me, it was so beautiful.
We were blessed to have such wonderful Grandma's, I am so glad you have such treasured memories to share with your jewels..
Hugs...
what a lovely memory.
Lea
xo
What a super sweet Grandmother!! I am so glad you had her. I might have to steal her great idea one of these days when its my turn to be a grandma. I know YOu will! haha
Lovely snowman too!
God bless you sweetie!!
I know exactly how you are feeling, I get a little blue this time of year because I miss my Granny and Grandma so much. I miss the traditions that they left behind, although most of them we still do, but it is just different for me because they are not here. My heart aches for them to be near me.
ps I love snowmen too!!!
Love, Kristy
Oh my word - that is the sweetest thing EVER! What a wonderful memory to have of your Grandmother. I love it.
**big smiles**
Blessings ~
Oh Daleea, thank you for your post. I was raised by my grandmother. A day doesn't go by (she went to be with the Lord in 2000) that I don't miss her. I often think of how wonderful it must be for her to be with the Lord. Just a few of my Christmas memories include cookie baking and hot chocolate & toast for breakfast. When I find a "sister" who loves their grandmother like I do, it warms my heart.
Blessings to you,
Cinamon
that is a good grandma memory and oh so like a grandma!
What a beautiful post. I miss my grandma so much. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory.
Oh my gosh that is the funniest "Grandma" story I've ever heard!!! LOLOLOL What a fun Grandma you had! I'm sorry you miss your Grandma but thankfully its seasons like this that bring us close to our loved ones thru the precious memories that we hold in our heart.
I'm still ROFL...your grandma let you open a gift and then wrap it back...LOL Do you know how funny that is? I wonder if your mom knew it and just didn't say.
My mom used to hide the Christmas cookies under her bed in a big Tupperware container. Well...we knew exactly where they were. Now you can't tell me she didn't know we we sneaking them after the Tupperware "seal" was broken. heeheee
Oh the memories...
Merry Christmas My Friend!
Love,
Robin
Post a Comment