08 February 2009

Thank You....

A year ago last night my husband called me from work.... His voice was harried..... his words... well, I don't have words to describe their impact so I will tell you what he said, "I'm ok! I'm ok! There has been an explosion at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get everyone to pray! I have to go. I love you, I will call when I can. Goodbye." and he hung up........................

I called my MIL to tell her before it came on tv. I was praying, I called our pastor to ask everyone to pray and I posted on my blog.... asking everyone to pray.....

Thank you to each of you that lifted up my husband and all of the employees and their families of Dixie Chrystals Sugar Refinery in prayer. You will never know the impact that your faithfulness, love and concern blessed all of our families with. How I thank God for bringing my husband safely home that night... so much we take for granted. How my heart breaks for the many families whose lives will be forever impacted by the loss of a loved one and for the men who were burned severely and their families.... God bless you and may you feel the strength, courage, healing and love of God on your journey to recovery.

I also want to thank God that my husband was there. Although he will disagree... I know the kind of man he is. I know the training he had in the Navy. I know that God worked through him that night in a mighty way to save lives. I thank God for you my love and as much as you disagree.... you are a hero.

Jeremy has done a post on his blog with reflections and words of wisdom regarding that night.... I know he would love to share with you and would love to hear from you. Especially those of you who answered my plea and prayed him home. you can visit his blog
here. He also has posted a few pictures but I saw them and just started crying.... I can't go there again, so I won't be posting them on my blog.... when you see the destruction you will know that all the glory goes to God for bringing as many people home as He did....

Click
here to read my posts from that night.... it is all sureel in some ways and in other ways all too real!

Thank you all so much for your concern and prayers and may God keep you and your loved ones from harm's way.

9 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

answered prayers ... it is so good to reflect and realize the Father hears our pleas ...

Sharon said...

Wow. I'm so glad your husband was okay..and there to help. I did not know about this.

Kristy said...

I remember your post from that night and I just can't believe that it has already been a year. I am just so thankful that your husband was safe. Praise God.

You wonder why I am always saying nice things to you, well it is because of post like this one, you are a very gracious woman, and one that I would love to be able to spend the day shopping with, or having a cup of coffee or a glass of tea with. I know that we would just be great friends in person that's why.

Love, Kristy

Kristy said...

If you got my comment twice I apologize, blogger was acting funny.

Kayce said...

I too remember your posts and keeping your husband and coworkers in my prayers. I am amazed it's been a year.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I also remember this last year and I am praising Him with you that he was kept safe.

3 Peanuts said...

I remember it clearly and I was so worried for y'all. Sorry I have not been by in a while...for some reason I have a lot of trouble loading your site (Kimberley and Steffie's too). So I only come by on occasion but I think of you guys ALL the time and pray for you:)

Love,
Kim

Doug and Terrye said...

I remember that day, and we prayed. Tonight my husband is on duty and fighting a huge brush fire that skirts a fertilizer plant...I understand your thankfulness for the prayer, and God's answer.

Terrye in FL

Lori said...

Hey Daleea,
That's neat that your husband started a blog. I remember reading about this on your blog and being so frightened for you. What a horrible situation. The pictures are just horrific and I had no idea it was such a huge explosion.
I am thankful your family is intact and I will say some special prayers today for those that weren't so fortunate.
By the way, thanks for the sweet comment and words of encouragement ~ if anyone knows about beauty, it's you! :)
Have a great Valentine's Day weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...