15 June 2009

Cookies , Tea Parties, and SHARKS


My Meeshka has been at camp since last Monday. Almost Two weeks on Tybee Island at the Fresh Air Home. What a wonderful program that is for the children and their families. I know he is having a ball. But oh, how we miss him! Can't wait for Friday morning to get here.
So Peep and I made cookies for Daddy. (we naturally have been eating them too!)


Oh, Peep..... you take my breath away....



Then it was Tea Party Time.... Auntie Robin sent us this beautiful set from China and I have been saving it for a special time. Peep was blue, missing her brother so we got all dressed up and brought out the fine china. Oh, how excited she was!


The guests....


It was so sweet... she was so lady like, refined and her little hands were oh, so delicate as she carefully poured and served the tea to her guests.



Thank you for joining our tea party......

"What about the SHARKS you ask?????? Well, we took Peep to the beach last Thursday. I left the camera at home so I would be free to just enjoy her and spend time with her. She was playing with her Daddy on the beach making a sand castle as Mommy was out bobbing up and down in the gentle water.... I was out quite far because the water was so calm. All alone.... there were others in the water too but they were in groups quite aways from me. It was so peaceful and soothing and all I could think about was SHARKS! I could almost hear the theme from Jaws as my blood pumped to it's beat. I found myself thinking.... "If I were a shark would I go for the groups of seals or would I go for this ALBINO ELEPHANT SEAL all alone bobbing up and down in the water! EASY PREY! (I know I have you all on the edge of your seat. hehee) So, I chickened out and went to the beach. I hate being such a fraidy cat!
A little while later Peep, Daddy and I were all back out in the water. ( Safety in numbers.) We were having so much fun but the thought of sharks is always in my mind. We were finding conch shells with our toes and bringing them up to look at. So excited because we have never found them before. Then the life guard started blowing her whistle over and over and waving her little raft, bouie thing.... we are looking around to see if someone was too far out but all of us were far out. So, everyone started coming in...... looking like zombies, dazed and confused as we made our way to the shore. All I could think of was SHARK! But I didn't see a fin.... THANK YOU JESUS!
The seen of panic from Jaws kept running over and over in my mind. When we got to the beach I asked her what was wrong. She said she had seen a SHARK! It was a ways out but it was pretty big. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! We were swimming with a SHARK! You know it happens but you choose to push it to the back of your mind. YIKES! Then hubby all day kept saying how he wanted to be bit in the leg by a shark. Not loose a limb or even flesh but just enough to leave it's mouth/teeth prints in his leg! He wanted to be able to show people. (not the claim to fame I desire) So he was acting bummed that he didn't get bit! I just don't understand boys!
So, that is my escapade with a shark. lol Oh, how I pray my Nicholas isn't swiming with sharks!
Thanks for listening. hehee

7 comments:

thatgirlblogs said...

ooh, we have the same or similar set put away for our little China doll but I broke one of the cups in transit ;) I planned to tell her we left it in her homeland. We DID, but not on purpose! LOL

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Absolutely ADORABLE photos of Little Peep!!!! She is breathtaking!! Thank God you escaped the Jaws episode! What is wrong with that hubby of yours? :)
Rob has a huge scar on his leg from a burn as a child. He tells people it was from a shark bite. Must be a "guy thing". :)

Have a great day!
Hugs from rainy St. Louis!
Love,
Robin

Kristy said...

First of all I love these pictures, she is just the cutest most precious , most beautiful little girl! Second I am a lake kid....sharks are always in the back of my mind when we are at the beach. It NEVER leaves my mind, and when he kids and Frank or anyone goes way out I can almost feel an anxiety attack coming on!!!!

Love, Kristy

Kristy said...

First of all I love these pictures, she is just the cutest most precious , most beautiful little girl! Second I am a lake kid....sharks are always in the back of my mind when we are at the beach. It NEVER leaves my mind, and when he kids and Frank or anyone goes way out I can almost feel an anxiety attack coming on!!!!

Love, Kristy

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

What an enjoyable blog to read!! I have been a follower of the REDTHREAD blog and found you there. Robin is awesome with her blog and sewing. I am heading to look at your sweet clothing line. We have a daughter adopted from Russia and a daughter adopted from China. :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is darling at her tea party. How nice that she made the food AND served the tea...what a giving heart just like her Mommy!

Umm...I am terrified of swimming with sharks and that was really a scary story. We head to VA Beach in a couple of days but I just usually chicken out and get my feet wet...you were very brave!!!!!!

Kim said...

LOVE the photos.
Did you make the little hat..????
that is adorable..
HUGS..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...