20 July 2009

This is how each of our men and women who have served and who have died should be welcomed home.

Killed in action the week before, the body of Staff Sergeant First Class John C. Beale was returned to Falcon Field in Peachtree City , Georgia , just south of Atlanta , on June 11, 2009.
The Henry County Police Department escorted the procession to the funeral home in McDonough , Georgia. A simple notice in local papers indicated the road route to be taken and the approximate time.
Nowadays one can be led to believe that America no longer respects honor and no longer honors sacrifice outside the military. Be it known that there are many places in this land where people still
recognize the courage and impact of total self-sacrifice. Georgia remains one of those grateful places. The link below is a short travelogue of that day's remarkable and painful journey. But only
watch this if you wish to have some of your faith in people restored. Please share widely.
Video of Staff Sgt. Beale's return homehttp://blip.tv/play/AYGJ5h6YgmE

Acey Lewis


Thank you Staff Sgt. Beale for serving our country. For protecting our freedom. For being a hero and a patriot. Thank you for your sacrifice. I pray you are now in the arms of Jesus. Thank you to your family.
God's peace to your family and loved ones.
Thank you to each and every one who serves and has served in our military. Our family appreciates and thanks God for your sacrifice.

17 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh Daleea, I could barely make it through the video. Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to post it on my blog. What a wonderful tribute for a hero.

~Lynn

Marla said...

Amen. I have big tears rolling down my face.

Shonni said...

I have just put this on my blog...thank you for sharing this with us!

Ashley and Mike said...

Wow, this is the town where we live and I had no idea. I would have loved to have been there for him. What an amazing video!

Hannah said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for the men and women who keep us safe. Thank you for posting this!

John & Michelle said...

That was so beautiful

redmaryjanes said...

I just cried and cried watching this. Rest in Peace John Beale. And I salute the town of Peachtree City, Georgia...I have never seen such love and patriotism.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Daleea, thank you for sharing this touching video. It brought chills, tears, and pride to me. Good for the people of Georgia! YES, every town should honor each and every soldier in this way for it is because of them that we are able to stand in the streets holding our flag with such FREEDOM!

God bless Sgt. Beale and his grieving family!

Love you!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this video~ it is amazing the scarfic that is made. May we (I) never forget

Dita said...

So moving, so powerful......thank you for sharing this!

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness Daleea, I almost have no words. This proud mom of a soldier that has been on two tours to Iraq thanks you from the bottom of her heart for posting this. I thank God he brought him home safely to us. Again thank you for doing this post.

Love you to pieces, Kristy

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful comment on my blog. Now I'm off to watch this video!

Calico Sky said...

Sadly I can't view the video, but I will truly keep the whole family in my prayers.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Amen !!!

Doug and Terrye said...

I'm crying so hard that I can't even go tuck Grace into bed right now...I've got to pull myself together! What a precious gift all of those people gave to that dear man's family! I hope you don't mind if I post this on my FB page

Terrye in FL

day by day said...

Wow, Daleea!! Go Georgia!!!! This was so touching and wonderfully amazing. Yes...all of our communities should follow this shining example of how to honor our country's heroes!!

rest in peace, Sgt. Beale....

Ohilda said...

AMEN, Sister!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...