But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you."
2 Corinthians 12:9
2 Corinthians 12:9
It has been said God will never lead us where his grace cannot keep us. We must realize that sometimes his plan does not include a miraculous deliverance from illness, death, or oppression. Yet his grace is sufficient, and he has not abandoned us . We must trust that God would not lead us to a place of ministry or work without an adequate measure of his grace to make it.
Sometimes his plan involves simply seeing us through an ordeal instead of delivering us from it. Have you come to a point where you are willing to entirely rely on Him? You'll likely never say that God's grace is all you need until his grace is all you have.....
Taken from Day 148 of The Voice of the Martyrs Extreme Devotion
This is a wonderful devotional book that has a story of a martyr for each day along with a scripture and devotion. The kids and I use this devotion after our prayer and reading in the Bible at the beginning of our school day. It is such a blessing and truly starts your day off with the proper perspective on things. It is by The Voice of the Martyrs and is called Extreme Devotion. You can find it here
The proceeds will go to help our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus around the world and their families who are being martyred.
6 comments:
Amazing and very true.
These are words I must remind myself of often. Thank you for posting this beautiful reminder.
A very profound thought to ponder, indeed! Thanks for sharing and God bless!! <><
Hugs,
Tanya
Daleea you will never know how this post spoke to me. We are having to put my momma in an Alzheimers unit and I cant sleep, I cant talk without breaking down, my heart is just breaking into a million pieces right now, so thank you for your words. I always tell myself that the task ahead of me is never bigger than the power behind me. It is just so hard because no matter how old we get I think we always need our mommas.
Love you, Kristy
"We must trust that God would not lead us to a place of ministry or work without an adequate measure of his grace to make it"
Thank you, I so needed that today. I woke up feeling too alone, too poor, too insufficient for all I feel called to do. You are right, His grace is sufficient and if He puts something in your heart, He will make it happen!
I like that! I need to get that devotion...it must be a book?
Post a Comment