23 October 2009

A Special Day.......

8 years ago we moved into our first house.... into the County that we had wanted to move to for a while.... The first time we went to the county fair was one of the most precious days in my life.... it was the day that Jeremy said we were going to adopt. That we were going to begin our journey to find our child. It was the day I had been praying for since I was a little girl... for over 8 years of marriage..... it was a good day! That night as I floated around, gazing starry eyed at the rides, the games, the children.... dreaming of the next year when MY child would be the one whose face I looked into with his little eyes lit up like the carnival rides..... His Daddy handed me cotton candy.... I looked at him and said, "Priceless is the first time you get to see your child taste cotton candy."
One year later we returned to the county fair with our son............................... his eyes were big as saucers, with a sparkle that out shone the brightest of lights. Giggling hysterically as we rode the scrambler with his Auntie Stella. Wearing his little, brown leather bomber jacket and fishing for prizes. Eating the fair food. Playing the games and winning prizes. Daddy won me a big rainbow stove pipe hat. Nicholas tasted cotton candy for the first time... I was correct. Priceless..........
He was 4, I was 37 and it was a truly, beautiful night...... one I shall never forget.
4 years later our daughter came home and we were off to the fair......................................
Life is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good..........................
God is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good........
and I am oh, so blessed!
Thank You Jesus for answering my prayers with my Meeshka and Peep..... God's speed to my little pearl.
Tonight we go to the county fair...... PRICELESS.............................



Two years ago...


11 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh D, what a precious precious memory! What special blessings you have there and more special blessings that await! :)

Enjoy my friend!

day by day said...

what sweet memories!!! have a wonderful time at the fair and a great week-end!!!

love,
Michelle

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so much fun !!! i am off to order my bracelets ... love ya .. i think several of my friends have ordered ... yeah

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a sweet story! I can tell the fair holds precious memories for you. Praying that your Beautiful Pearl will be joining you soon and will taste the priceless pleasure of cotton candy in the arms of her forever family!

Love you friend!

Love the photos of your jewels!

Colleen said...

What a touching and heartfelt post!!! So sweet that the fair will always have such special meaning to your family!! I look forward to the day when you will be sharing it with your Isabella!!
Priceless!!!!:)

April said...

What a wonderful story and wonderful memories. Enjoy the fair and God's Speed for your Isabella.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yes you are blessed my friend and I have no doubt that He is going to bless you again with another sweet daughter......I am blessed by you each day...love you.

Hannah said...

Amazing! What a beautiful post. I have had moments like that...they are the thing you remember forever.

Anonymous said...

Daleea,

You have the sweetest heart! Your mother love is in every word you write. You surely are a taste of the Lord's goodness to your precious children!

Kristy said...

Yes HE is sooooo good!

Happy are those people whose God is the LORD!!!

Psalm 144:14-15

Love, Kristy

Cindy said...

God Bless your heart!
What a heart felt beautiful post! How loving! Just hold on for the LORD is NOT too far away..... People are too caring and praying..... and you will be taking Isabella to that fair soon!!
I wore one of the bracelets yesterday to church loved it!
I am going to go ahead and order two more at the end of this week or the first of next! It was so cute too! I loved it!
Again, you will see sparles soon again once more!!
God Bless you!
Love you!
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...