24 February 2010

Learning to Pray Like Hannah....

I want to learn to pray like my Hannah... She is a mighty prayer warrior. When she goes before the throne of our Father in Heaven she goes before Him in Jesus' Name.... and with child like faith, trusting that He will hear and answer her prayer, she thanks Him... She thanks Him for things that are... She thanks Him for things that will be. She never asks Him for anything... she just thanks Him. It never once occurs to her that Jesus won't answer her prayers. She just believes that He will, so she thanks Him for it...
"Father in Heaven I come before You in Jesus Name.
Thank You for my Mama.
Thank You for my Daddy.
Thank You for my Nicholas.
Thank You for my Isabella.
Thank You for my Adaline and Joshua.
Thank You for my family.
Thank You that I will have sweet, sweet dreams.
Thank You for keeping Daddy safe at work.
Thank You that I will be a good girl.
Thank You for the babies in China."
on and on she goes... Thanking God for all the wonderful and loving things He is going to do.
I want to learn to pray like Hannah. To go before my Father's throne believing. Expecting great things from our great God. Trusting that as I walk with Him, His Holy Spirit is guiding my prayers in accordance with His will and thus He will answer my prayers.
John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If I am praying for something that is God's will then He is going to bring it about. How often I have asked God for something and He has answered it... Time and time again. Yet, far too often I don't thank Him, I don't praise Him for it the way I should. So often, I cry out as I am asking Him for something, "Father, I believe.... help my unbelief!" I need to rest in the fact that God is God! He is able to do ALL things. He has not changed! He is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. He is the same All Mighty God of the Old Testament that parted the Red Sea. He is the same God that caused manna to fall from the sky and water to flow from the rock. He is the same gracious God of the New Testament that caused the blind to sea, the lame to jump for joy, healed the sick and raised the dead. He is a loving Father who is able to do far greater things than we can even imagine.
Ephesians 3:20
Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
He is a God of miracles!
"So, like my Hannah I come before my Father in Heaven's throne in Jesus' Name.
I thank You Father, God for my husband, for My Nicholas, my Hannah and I thank You for bringing my Isabella home. Thank You Jesus for providing the means to pay for all of the adoption costs. Thank You Lord for bringing us to our Adaline and Joshua.
Thank You Father for complete healing in My Robin, for answering all of our prayers for her family.
Thank You Father for complete healing for precious Maggie and that soon they will get the call to bring her brother and sister home from Uganda to their family.
Thank You Jesus for watching over Kim and her family. Thank You for Kim speaking Spanish fluently. Thank You for how You are going to work through this precious family serving You in Costa Rica and one day in Pueblo and for all those who are going to be saved, who are going to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior as they share the Good News of Jesus Christ with these peoples.
Thank You Lord for bringing precious children who have been orphaned to their forever families.
Thank You for watching over the little children. For providing for them, for protecting them, for helping them to know that You are with them and that they matter and are not forsaken.
Thank You for the lost that they will be found! Thank You for the sick that they will be healed.
Thank You for the broken that they will find peace and joy in You. That they will be broken no more.
Thank You for refining me, for purifying my heart. Thank You for the plans You have for our family and for how You are going to use us to help others come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Thank You for the Spirit of boldness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. Thank You for the work that You are doing in me and are going to do in me and that it will be all to Your glory. That my life will be pleasing unto You. Thank You Father for the great and marvelous things You are going to do.
Oh, Thank You Jesus! For Your love, Your mercy, Your grace, Your forgiveness, Your joy, Your peace, Your comfort, Your strength, Your protection, Your hope, Your faithfulness. Thank You for Your perfect will in our lives.
Oh, how I love You!
In Jesus Name,
Amen"

7 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a beautiful post! So very true...God blesses the faithful and answers their prayers. I have been so filled with doubt and I must cling more to my faith.

Oh that sweet Hannah of yours! You have taught her well. :)

Thank you Lord Jesus for my friend Daleea! :)

Love you!

Vivian said...

Daleea,

Thank you for being a blessing! Your prayer was EXACTLY what i needed to read right at this moment.
Have a blessed day.
Alycia
Adahlyn's Mama

day by day said...

Oh, I want to pray like Hannah, too!! We can learn so much from our children, can't we?

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven". Amen!

Thanks for sharing this!

love,
Michelle

Chris said...

Beautiful!!!!

I love your daughter's heart!!!She is precious!!!

Your prayer is a prayer that I needed to pray....
Thank you for providing the words....

I am trying to learn to pray with earnest thanks for the blessings to come...
for the answers waiting...
for the guidance needed...
to know that He will provide...
ALWAYS!!!!

John & Michelle said...

I cannot talk about the details here, but I needed this post today. We are fostering a tiny baby girl and what an emotional journey it is. I was not prepared for that. Fully stocked and ready to go was not all there is to this adventure! I think your precious daughter has just changed my prayer life! Thanks and God Bless! Michelle

Kristy said...

Just simply beautiful and oh how HE is smiling right now!!

I love you, Kristy

ps The little feet belong to several little fairies that my neice Jade gave me for Franceskas room about 2 1/2 yrs ago. They were hers but she wanted Franceska to have them. I will post a picture just for you because I love you and because I thank you are an amazing lady.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh sweet friend....Hannah learned how to pray from you....from your LOVE for the Lord...from your teachings about Him....from your complete and raw passion to serve the Lord....the way that I see you love is why she loves in the same way. You are so special to me....I am praying for all of your dreams to come true....and they will.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...