for me You walked in humility for 33 years to show me how to live a life of love,
a life pleasing unto God...
for me You knelt before the Father in a garden...
taking the burden of my sins upon You to the point of sweating drops of blood...
for me You willingly, and knowingly surrendered Yourself to those who meant You harm...
for me You stood before them, forgiving contempt...
for me You were scourged... the flesh torn from Your bones
for me You were beaten... battered and bruised, torn beyond recognition.
for me You were mocked- God AllMighty spit upon by mere men...
a crown of thorns pressed into Your flesh.
for me You bore the weight, the burden of the cross as You climbed the hill of Calvary....
for me You were nailed to the cross...
for me You spoke to our Father, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."
for me You paid the penalty of death for my sins... nailing them to the cross.
for me You died... The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Lord God Who spoke the world into existence died for me....
for me You triumphed over death and Hell...
for me You rose again!
Jesus did this
FOR YOU TOO................
It was I Lord Jesus who did these things to You.... I mocked You, I spit on You, I taunted You, I scourged You, I nailed You to the cross...... it was my sin. Oh, the wonder of it all that You love me with Your perfect, unconditional love.... Thank You Father, God for the sacrifice of Your beloved Son.... Thank You Lord, Jesus for Your sacrifice... for dying for me, for forgiving me, for loving me...
Change me OH, Lord.... purify me, refine me that my life will be pleasing unto Thee...
Thank You Jesus for all You have done for me.... Your grace and mercy are beyond measure...
HE IS RISEN!
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans6:8-11
I have been searching the net to find more information on the goddess Eastre of whom Easter was named after. When you do a search on her many sites come up... such as; Pagan News, Wicca Web, Pagan Dad, etc.
Bunnies and eggs are also associated with her.
I grew up with the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, Halloween, etc. I thought they were fun and harmless family traditions. As I have grown in my walk with the Lord Jesus I have come to know that these things are of pagan origin and are contrary to the One and Only true God. Soooooo, my husband and I choose to celebrate Jesus with our children.
If you would like to learn more about who this false goddess is... about the origin of Christ Jesus' glorious Resurrection day being called Easter you can...
READ MORE HERE


2 comments:
Beautifully written from your heart my sweet friend. You heart is so full of Him.....I cannot wait to see what He will do with you.....
What a beautiful post! I loved it and the one above too. Thank you.
Post a Comment