04 May 2010

How Refreshing....

http://www.lwbcommunity.org/a-sense-of-self

I encourage you to  click this link and read.  It is like a breath of fresh air to me after reading so much from a few adult, international adoptees that are very unhappy at being adopted by their families and are being given a platform by the media, etc that makes it appear that this is the popular consensus amongst  adults who were internationally adopted.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, emotions, etc.... what I resent is when the media, etc. present it as if it is how most feel.... 
There is a spiritual war going on in the world.... and the last thing satan wants is for a precious, orphaned child, whom God loves to come home to their forever family where they are loved, nurtured and taught about the One true God Who loves them.  satan uses the mainstream media to daily attempt to break down the structure of the FAMILY..... whether the children are biological or adopted.  
Be vigilant in your awareness of a few being presented as many, or the majority..... whether it be how internationally adopted children feel resentful about being adopted  as adults, or about the fact that their is child trafficking in the world... that it does happen in the world of adoption, however it is by no means the vast majority of children or even a large portion of them.  Child trafficking is an epidemic in the world.... but even more heinous is the fact that the majority of those children are being sold into slavery, whether for labor or for sex.  When I look at my child who has been adopted internationally I do not immediately look at them and question if they were abducted from their birth families and sold to an institution for adoption.... to do so would be uncalled for and a detriment to the gift of adoption that God has blessed us with....
God's speed to the little ones waiting for their families to find them....
and may God help all the children who are in harm's way...

3 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I really enjoyed the link, and your post. I have very strong opinions about this subject. I think a LOT of how our children will feel as adults depends on us, the parents.

~Lynn

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Amen, my friend, Amen....

Love you!

Nicole said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and this is exactly what I needed to hear. My husband and I have been talking about international adoption for a year now and I have been really hesitant to move forward with all of the negative adult adoptees comments/blogs. Thank you for linking to the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...