We spent the first week in Lima, Peru.... ministering, and teaching in several Calvary Chapels in the area. The men were able to visit two men's prisons and more than 15 men received Jesus as their Lord and Savior! Aida and I were blessed to go to a women's prison to minister and witness to the ladies with a wonderful brother and sister in Christ who go each Friday. It was beautiful.... the Lord poured out and lifted up broken spirits. The prison officials ended up letting us stay over 3 hours (which they were never allowed to stay 1 minute past their allotted 2 hour time before!) and they usually only had a few ladies come and talk with them before, they counted 22 ladies that had gathered around. I shared my testimony and began to share the Word of God with the ladies. The Spirit of God was moving in the women and it was amazing to be a part of it. There were ladies not only from Peru that we were sharing with but Mexico, Poland, Finland, South Africa and Zimbabwe. I have wanted to go on a mission to Africa since I can remember.... who would have thought that the Lord would bring Africa to me in the courtyard of a women's prison in Peru... I love each of these precious ladies. I pray for God's will in their lives. How I pray for my sister in Christ, Michelle.... I pray that she has been released and that she is safe and well....
I asked if anyone knew a song we could sing to Jesus in both English and Spanish and Michelle led us as we sang, "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus"
- I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back. - Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
No turning back, no turning back. - The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back. - Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back. - Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.
Thank You Jesus that in the midst of such darkness and despair, where the enemy of God sought to destroy and devour these precious women... they found You. You met them right where they were Jesus. You reached out to them and they took Your hand and now they have decided to follow Jesus! Thank You Lord for Your grace and mercy... thank You for Your love... thank You for dying on the cross for us and thank You for your forgiveness.... thank You that no matter what we do, no matter where we go or where we are... You will not forsake us... You cry out to us to come to You...
( This is so cool! I love it when the Lord does this!!!!!! I wrote this post last night around midnight. The ladies have been so heavy on my heart. This morning at church in worship, the last song we sang at church was...... "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus." I just started to cry.... I think we have sang this song maybe once in all the years I have been going to our church! It was like God reached down and gave me a big hug.... He let me know that He is with the ladies, He is watching over them and they are following Him! Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Early Sunday morning we flew into the Amazon Jungle to Pucallpa. Our team separated and all went to different churches so our guys could teach that morning. It was an amazing day, filled with love, laughter, God's Word and His Spirit. I loved hearing the Lord speak to His people through Jeremy. The message was powerful and I still hold on to what he taught. The next morning we had to take Jeremy to the hospital for food poisoning and severe dehydration. The spiritual warfare on this trip was intense but God got us all through it and was able to use each of us in spite of all that was going on.






Oh how I miss these sweet little faces.... oh, how I miss the people of Peru......
they are in my heart and my prayers...
4 comments:
How powerful our God is and the way that He tugs on our hearts......I know you made a difference.....I know that He will use you again...be ready!!!!! Maybe after you get Isabella settled in:) I love you my sweet Daleea and I am so so proud of you:)
Oh how I understand your heart's cry. I have yet to share Jesus in Peru, but with our family we have lived and served in several other countries. I will never forget the smiles of the children, they held mine captive.
Delighted to meet you today! Hope you don't mind if I splash around in your pond to get to know you. This looks like the perfect spot to slip off my shoes and be refreshed.
Splashin,
Sara
That gives me chills!
Wonderful testimony. Keep following Jesus and never turn back.
http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com
Post a Comment