15 February 2011

I would like to award the Nobel Peace Prize too......

the makers of Dum Dum suckers.... it's true.... my little Pearl has just had a major melt down that just kept firing up everytime I got her quieted.... alas... I decided to for go the thought of her falling asleep in my arms and gaver her a dum dum sucker!  Hooray!  My little one is at peace now.....  So many things I want to write down so I don't loose them so this will be a bunch of ramblings..... but it is so I don't forget...
Yesterday when I asked her for a kiss she gave me a hug.... twice!!!!!  They were big bear hugs too!
This morning she woke up slow.... as seems to be her custum... about an hour before she is up and about.  I went to cuddle with her but she did not want me and turned from me.  A few more minutes and she would let me gently stroke her back..... a while later and a few tickles and she giglged.... it seems my brokenhearted Pearl has much healing to do and each day we begin a new.... the good news is that this morning she went for her shoes and chose her new pink ones we bought her yesterday and not the gray ones from her orphanage... this was huge on her part as she is very possesive and holds tightly to everything... how can one blame her... no doubt she was not able to keep anything in the orphanage and now even that has been torn away from her..... Thank God children are resilliant..... I just can't imagine.  At times I start to feel a little sad, scared and lonely being so far from Jeremy and the kids and then I think of my Bella and how she has never had us.....never really had anyone to count on, to be there for her and then I buck up and thank God that I am here for her and with her and thank Him that soon we will be home.... our family all together...... Thank You Jesus that we will be going home to Jeremy and the kids... thank You for not taking Him from us....
(I told you I was going to be rambling all over the place....)
Isabella woke up with a bad runny nose that indicate she has an infection and coughing like it had gone into her chest... but no fever thankfully and now it has cleared up a lot so I am hoping and praying the Lord is answering my prayer and healing her little body... I confess, I begged Him... she has been through so much and is going through so much to be sick on top of it....
She ate a lot at breakfast... sometimes she does really well and lets me feed her little bites or takes little bites herself... but sometimes she shoves so much into her tiny mouth I fear she is going to choke!  I know this is not uncommon, but it still breaks my heart....
I now know I made the right decision in not going to visit the orphanage... it has not been offered but if it is I will decline.  Sometimes you do something without thinking.... I was letting her look through pics that I have of her and she seemed so excited and would point at her and say, "ya Ya"  (this is what hannah called herself when she was a baby... very interesting and I can't help but wonder if it means ME or something in Mandarine.) anyway we were having a great time but a little later she discovered the candy bowl they have in the room with little wrapped lifesavers.  She grabbed them all and started looking for a pocket to stash them in... She was so proud of herself!  Well she went to put the candy, wrapper and into her mouth, so I took the candy away and she went into full melt down.... started with a tantrum, throwing her self on the floor so hard it scared me when she hit her head..... she did let me hold her which was huge.... but she only wanted me to stand... when I would sit down she would freak out more..... she kicked off her new pink shoes and I knew it was at me... as she pointed at the door..... I know there s a part of her that thinks she wants to go back.... how thankful I am that I know we will get through this together and that she will be able to trust and find that life with her family is good and where she belongs....  after on and off.... can't
remember all the details but she wanted her pink shoes back on and then she just started sobbing............... it was breaking my heart...... she was grieving so deeply that it just ripped out your heart... I thought, how could I have been so clueless to let her see those pics knowing it could trigger so much.....
well the good news is that after who knows how long, as much as I wanted her to be able to nap... I decided to pacify with a sucker.... it worked!  She is now on her 2nd one but it has brought her out of a very deep and dark place.... Mama and Daddy can deal with the temper tantrums much later....for now we must work towards mending her broken heart.....
she just smiled at me and it is beautiful..... she is beautiful....

16 comments:

day by day said...

aww...bit by bit, she will work through it. I know how heartbreaking it is to see them grieving so much. : (

I wonder if she had dum dums in her SWI? The reason I ask is because Sophie's Ayi's always handed them out to the kids. Smart, if you think about it. lol! Keeps them all quiet at the same time!

You are doing a great job, Daleea!! I know people say this all the time, but it is so true...the more she grieves now, the better. It is when they hold it in, like my Ella did...that things are much harder. She is doing wonderfully and so are you!!

love,
~m

Anonymous said...

suckers or whatever works!! like you said it is much more important to work on healing that beautiful little heart of hers and then you can worry about the rest later!!!

Dalee she is just beautiful and I am sitting here crying as I read your words and know how scared your sweet girl is right now with the change in her world. I know that you know it will just take time and lot's of patience and love thrown in there too.

Sending you our thoughts and prayers and look forward to watching Izzy blossom over the next few weeks, months and years!!!

Hugs from TX!!!
We wore a dress you made for Hayden a few days ago as a reminder that you were halfway around the world finally able to hold your girl and your dream:)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my friend....this reminds me of Emma in the beginning. They are such brave little ones and it breaks my heart also. There is no way to discipline grief...God bless them, they have no other way to express themselves. I love you and I am praying for you always:)

Joy said...

She knows she's finally with her mommy. Her tiny heart is full and happy for this. I'm thankful for both of you, Daleea.

Doug and Terrye said...

The common bond of our Savior fills my heart with so much love for you both. My prayer today is that He would continue to heal Bella's precious heart, and grow her in affection for you.

DiJo said...

Daleea,
God has chosen the perfect mother for Isabella! You are patient and tender... You are meeting her where she is at right now... That is exactly what she needs....Your precious girl is a survivor!!! And, such a beautiful one!

I will be praying for both of you... And, for Isabella's cold to vanish, and for lots of snuggles as the walls break down! And, for you... for strength and endurance!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
~Isaiah 41:10

Blessings,
Diana

jennifer said...

Gotta love the dum dums. It is so heartbreaking to read your post and know the trauma they have all encountered in their short little lives. It is amazing to see, time after time, God heal their little hearts.

The Mom and The Dad said...

Your heart is so beautiful! God is answering your prayers. I am so glad you are Bella are finally together!

The Wells Family said...

Oh Daleea, you are such a wonderful mommy. I love your spirit and your dedication and determination to simply love your Pearl. She will soon know how wonderful being loved truly is...she will know what love is.

Pam Thomas said...

Candy always seems to work wonders. More pictures of your sweet girl please. Hope each day & minute gets easier for Isabelle.

Shayron said...

My friend who speaks Mandarin says 'ya ya' might mean "I want" it depends on how they pronounce it.

Lori said...

Bit by bit she will heal. So grateful that you get to be her mother and can be there for her through each step. She is so blessed (she just doesn't know it yet:).

sweet momma luv u said...

Oh Daleea,

Truly a post full of love and insight to your precious girl. I am so praying that she will continue to trust and come to you for comfort.

Sweet friend you are doing everything to help her. You are a wonderful mother with such love and grace. This too will pass..... soon you will be home and the support of Jeremy.

Big hugs and prays!!
Jody

Shannon said...

Praise God for Dum-Dums!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you are writing this all down..it will be such a treasure later. It is so beautiful to see how God is using your beautiful heart to begin to mend hers. I am praying that the Lord will gently open up those wounded places and allow your love to come like a healing balm to them as you tickle, play, weep and hold your baby girl.
You are doing a terrific job and very soon you will be home with your whole family!
Hugs & prayers,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Oh the power of a "Dum Dum" sucker!!! ...the best advice many of us mamas received on what to pack!! ;)

Daleea!! I am just flooded with emotion after catching up on your past few days. I can't wait to see more photos... your baby girl is SOOOOOOO beautiful, and it's wonderful KNOWING she is finally in her mama's arms!!

Of all times for something to go wrong, our computer has been shut down by a major virus that disabled our anti-viral software. Every time I open up a new page, it locks on me. Thankfully my hubby was able to recover the lost photos and important files I still had not backed up. We are in the process of copying it all onto discs and then he has to wipe the whole computer clean and reload everything from scratch... UGHHH! I've gone CRAZY knowing your Bella was now with you, but having ANY way to check in. So my wonderful hubby brought home his laptop from work, so I could check in on you this way! I might only get to check in every few days until our home PC is fixed, but I'm glad I now have a way!!

It brings me to tears reading about how she is grieving, but also hearing how she is already bonding so well to her mama. You're smart to set a few boundaries now... though I know it is tough. It'll surely make the remainder of your trip more pleasant (for BOTH of you) though.

Don't feel bad about finding time to blog. I remember SO clearly how hard it was. And like you, I either didn't have a connection much of the time, and when I did, I kept losing connection mid-post, and would lose everything. I finally smartened up and began typing my posts out in Word, first. The most important thing right now is your time with Bella, and working through her grieving with her. I think it's wonderful that you just held her in those first moments and she cried. I remember doing the same thing with Khloe, and just looking into her eyes and letting her see me cry along with her. I just kept telling her how much I loved her and did my best to console her. Ad difficult as those moments are, they are also very priceless. Keep on mending your sweet little girl's broken heart... and know we are all still lifting you up in prayer.

CONGRATULATIONS and God bless!! <><

LOVE Ya!!!

OOXX,
Tanya

3 Peanuts said...

Daleea...you are so right about waiting to deal with the tantrums and just filling her with your love right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...