15 February 2011

In my arms........


A few minutes before 10 yesterday morning there was a knock on my hotel room door.... I opened it and there she was.... my Isabella Faith... my little Pearl.... she turnd to the side and hid her sweet little face behind my guide  Aarons leg.  He brought her in and I was breathless... my heart lept for joy and broke at the same time.. this precious, tiny little girl was so sad and scared.  Aaron was only here long enough for me to sign a couple papers and he was gone..... My little Pearl went into a panic... crying and screaming.  Here whole world was turned upside down.  She would not let me take her coat, hat, or shoes off.  It is very warm in the room but I was not going to force her.  I held her as she screamed..... finally crying herself to sleep in my arms.....  I held my little pearl in my arms for a couple hours while she slept.... I was able to remove her hat, coat and shoes but she was still bundled up.  I was typing with one finger on Facebook, sharing with her Daddy and our friends all about her... my joy was just too big not to be shared!
It is very hard for me to post on blogger... takes forever and I keep getting diconnected and loose everything.  Will post as I can with just a few pics because as much as I want to share and record the memories it is so hard to take myself awayfrom my baby girl while i am on the computer.
When she woke up she was very tentative.. she held on to her hat and coat and kept everything very close to her!  It broke my heart.... she did love her stacky cups and Mrs Potato Head was a huge hit!
The camera scares her and makes her cry so I am posting the 3 pics that I have of my Izzy.  Hopefully soonn the camera won't upset her but for now I will be taking very few pics because I don't want to traumatize her with the camera.
We had to go to 4 places yesterday afternoon to do paperwork and it was quite overwhelming for her... she held on to me and at the police station when they wanted a pic of her by herself, as Aaron took her from my arms she held out her arms to me and cried out, "mama, mama!"  It melted my heart to hear her call me mama but broke it that she was so scared and didn't know what was happening.



She was starting to warm up to me and make eye contact... she loves playing wiht her toys on the bed.

by the time I took the 3rd pic she was in tears and I put the camera away!

she threw up a few times last night... just too much for my little one to handle yesterday.  went through 3 sets of jammies.  She is so tiny and most of what I brought for her is way too big.
She slept well but would not face me.... this morning she woke up slowly..... would wiggle her toes.... suck her thumb.... feel the softness of the sheets with her little hand.
We skyped with Jeremy, Nick and Hannah and she seemed to really like it.....it warmedher up to me and she started making more eye contact and interacting wiht me.
We went to breakfast and as I fed her she started interacting wiht me more.
We had to go to the store to buy more diapers and wet wipes and water... She was very shy and would walk holding my and and wanted me to carry her most of the time... as she walked through the shops and looked at everyone and everything, it is hard to describe .... she was so tiny, vulnerable and looked so sad... it wasnot with the wonder of a little child experiencing something for the first time .... it was more evident that she had spent her entire life in teh orphanage and was feeling very insecure.
when we got back to our room she is a new girl!
Playing with me... smiling, giggling when I give her kisses.  She has such a funny sense of humor.... she is soooooooo smart and inquisitive..  She is bonding with me, she is becoming very attached to her mama and is not the same terrified little girl as yesterday.  thank You Jesus!  now she wants her mamas attention. typing with one finger again. lol
Off to play with my Isabella.

42 comments:

Catching Butterflies 3 said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad she is warming up to you! What a hard thing for a child. I pray God's grace is with you both on this trip. Happy for you!

Pam Thomas said...

How beautiful your sweet girl is! i pray that God will give her comfort in your arms. When I brought my daughter home at 12 & 1/2 months old it seemed to take her appx. 6 months to warm up to me and attach. She never cried. I was not expecting that it would take so long. I remember Izabel did not want to sit and have me "love on her, really hold her close." She would rather sit beside me and when she would catch me looking at her she would turn my face with her little hand. I was totally heartbroken and went to into a deep depression that I let veryt few know about for fear that they would say, " You choose this or I tried to warn you."
Praise God she did attach and now is my shadow. Izabel prefers the momma to anyone. I am so blessed by her sweetness everyday.
I know that soon your little pearl will completely bond with you and you will be as peas in a pod. I am and have been blessed so by reading your story the past several years. I pray that your journey home and Isabelle's journey to truly let you into her heart will be a short one.
May God Bless and keep you and your daughter until the two of you are home.

Annette said...

Oh, Daleea, she is so precious and adorable!! So excited that sweet Isabella is finally in her mama's arms! Praying for you both during this bonding time and for your family back home!

Laine said...

Oh Daleea praise the Lord! It is almost surreal that here she is...with you now! After all this time, your precious Isabella!

I love the way you write HER perspective; that inspires me so much and reminds me of the grief and fear and trauma our children feel at this separation.

I also love to hear how she is bonding to you! Reading this post is like watching a butterfly hatch out of her little cocoon, ready to soar to new life!

I know the Lord is sustaining you by His grace. May He continue to grant you peace and mercy during this "getting to know you" time.
Praying for you this morning!

Love,

Laine

Hannah said...

Praise the Lord!!! It brought tears to my eyes to know that you are finally holding her. I know the Lord will guide your every action and form a bond between the two of you that can not be broken.

My son was two when he came home from an orphanage and he is one of the best gifts I have ever been blessed with :)

Enjoy your time and my family will keep you in our prayers.

Lori said...

The moment you meet your child is indescribable. How precious those moments are.

We are all better now that we have seen pictures and heard how you guys are doing. Go enjoy your precious baby girl!

Doug and Terrye said...

God is continuing to answer prayer! I have prayed for days that he would prepare her heart to see her mama's face for the first time, and now she is holding her arms out to you and calling you Mama!!! You must be over the moon!! Am continuing to pray that He would knit her heart to yours.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Daleea! I kept you in mind all day yesterday. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Isabella! God bless for a comfortable transition for Izzy and for the two of you to have a safe trip home. She will LOVE meeting her big brother and sister! Hugs and kisses!

day by day said...

Congratulations, Mama!!! You have a beautiful baby girl!!!! She is oh, so sweet and precious! I have been anxiously waiting to see some pics and hear about your sweet girl. : ) I can only imagine how hard it is to do a blog post when you are by yourself, though. You are so right...she needs you and she is forever in your arms now, so pics can come later when she is feeling more secure. Bless her sweet heart.

Sooooo happy for you, my friend!!! Happy for your whole family. What a beautiful blessing!!!!!!

Praying for your sweet girl!!!
love,
Michelle

jennifer said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! She is absolutely beautiful!!

jennifer said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! She is absolutely beautiful!!

jennifer said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! She is absolutely beautiful!!

JShannon said...

Oh Daleea, reading your post brought me to tears. Your happiness shines through your words. I'm so happy for you!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my sweet Daleea....God is so good. I am praying so much for both of you, I cannot imagine what these children go through when they meet us...they are SO strong! When Emma met us in the airport she screamed until she passed out cold for almost three hours. Poor little thing. It is so traumatic for them. Sounds like she is doing much better. I love you bunches and I will continue to pray:)

ReneeKral said...

Oh Daleea! I'm so glad she is with you now! That first picture of her breaks my heart but I'm so happy to hear she is already warming up to you. God is working!!

Sara Lynn said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I am a new follower of your blog and I am so happy for you to have your little girl! I pray for a smooth transition for everything!

Anonymous said...

We live in Savannah and I found your blog through the FCC yahoo group. Your daughter is beautiful and the way you describe her is exactly how our son, Ryan acted in China when we first met him in December 09. Very scared, shy, quiet and deathly afraid of the lights being turned out. But in our hotel room, he was a different child. You would never know it now as he is a rambunctious, typical 3 year old boy:) Good luck and hopefully we can meet at an FCC event.
Wendy

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh Daleea, I am writing this through tears. To read about her reaching out for you and crying out, "Mama, Mama", I just lost it. Thank you, Lord, for this little girl and the bond that you two are creating together. What a precious little girl. I am so happy you finally have the sweet child that you have been praying for for so very long. She is beautiful!!!

xoxo,
Michelle

Aaron and Erica said...

Praise the Lord for this beautiful treasure!

lora said...

Praising God!! While shedding tears of Joy for you all.
praying,
lora

Lori said...

Oh Daleea, my heart is breaking for her. I will be praying for you both and for those ever-important baby steps.
So happy she is in your arms and I look forward to seeing the smiles!! :)

Tracy said...

Oh Daleea,
She is just totally adorable!!!!!!! what a gorgeous little girl! Her heart shows on her face. Yes I dont beleive our children ever left the orphanage as Luke has told me he didnt. (wow 10 years in that buidling). He didnt like the camera at first either. He did let others take pics of him at first just not me and that is how I got most of mine. He would let the guide take his pic so I would get behind her and tell her to hold until I was done. Seems pictures just arent the norm for our kids, but she will learn to be a ham Luke sure has hhaha. I cant wait to hear more of your journey. See if Aaron can take to two of you to Bauto Springs, it is famous in Jinan(I think I spelled it wrong but Aaron was the guide for John and Cheryl while we were there, he didnt take them there but I a sure you he knows where it is and what it is) it is gorgeous there and she would love it if it isnt too cold. It is just a beautiful place all decorated for the Chinese New year with gorgeous lights and floats all sorts of gorgeous history of the town there too! I am praying for peace for your little pearl and for her momma and for your beloved family back home. Sending Love and prayers to you all! On my knees in prayer for you sister!

Shonni said...

I am so excited for you!!!! Praise the LORD!!!!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Praise the Lord for the small blessings He is giving you throughout your time with Isabella - MANNA!! I love it and I love that she wants your time & attention now! She is PRECIOUS!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Praise the Lord for the small blessings He is giving you throughout your time with Isabella - MANNA!! I love it and I love that she wants your time & attention now! She is PRECIOUS!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Love every word daleea!! Hope to hear more as soon as you can do it...thanks so much for sharing this amazing time. You r in my prayers and thoughts..love to you. And feel in ur joy.. What an angel!!
Sharon and Bailey...who is looking at the pics and asking questions haha

Paula said...

She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Praise God!!

t~ said...

Tears of joy for you. She is beautiful beyond measure and I know how long your soul has longed for this moment. I pray she finds comfort in knowing you are forever very soon.

Congratulations!

sweet momma luv u said...

Oh Daleea,

She is so adorable and so scared.
I am so glad that she is clinging to you when she needs to you. That she called you Mamma brought tears to my eyes!! She is trying to learn to trust but her world has been rocked.

I pray that she will continue to attach to you and trust you. Sorry she was sick.... That must have been pretty miserable.

Big hugs my friend!
Jody

The Wells Family said...

I'm speechless. Oh I can't believe she is finally in your arms. She is precious... oh my heart breaks for her during this, but I know in time she is going to soar! To already see the eye contact with mommy is awesome! Love it! God Bless you and your sweet Pearl!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Daleea! She is just DARLNG but it breaks my heart to see her sadness. I know your love will envelop her quickly and she will be smiling for the camera before you know it:)

April said...

Oh she is so precious. It is really hard for me to see the pictures of her looking just like Eliana did. Praise Jesus she has her Mama now! Big hug my friend.

The Oswalds said...

She is beautiful & precious! So glad to see she is finally with her Mama! Prayers she will continue to bond with you and feel & know your love.

Shauna

Terri Fisher said...

Praising God for the tiny steps forward in bonding with your Little Pearl! So exciting! Blessings!

Rachelle said...

OOH!! I am so overjoyed for you! I will pray for Isabella to continue to feel safe and secure. God Bless you as you go through this special time with her.

Love, Rachelle

JMCS said...

Dallea,

Isabella is so gorgeous and I know each day things will become so much more comfortable for her. I am thinking of you and hoping you are okay. Please make sure you both get plenty of rest and I am sending love and hugs your way. She is an absolute blessing and so glad to finally see her with her mommy.

hugs,
Jonni

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Oh Daleea, thank you for sharing!! As I read your post it is like reliving when I got my Amy treasure. Sometimes those mountain tops are an awesomely scary ride and being up high is exciting and breathtakingly scary too!!
Still praying for you my friend.
Love Jules
xxxx

Paige said...

Amen, she is just so precious!! Praying for you all!!!!
Paige

DiJo said...

Oh Daleea... I have been there.. In that room, with that scared child.. It brought back so many memories as I read your words.. But, like you, I know what is on the other side of the mountain... I know what faith and love can do! I look at her every day in awe of it all! Your Izzy is so precious and beautiful.. She's like a crystal vase.. So delicate and priceless!

Congratulations.. I am so very happy for you. Your faith takes my breath away..

Blessings,
Diana

Tina said...

Your little daughter is so precious! Praying that she will continue to bond, and that the Lord will give the two of you such a sweet time together while you're there.

Congratulations!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh my dearest friend.... your broken hearted Izzy just melts my heart. She is beautiful! I am so thankful she is finally in her mama's arms! I'm sorry you are doing this alone... I know that we will see a happier little girl in GZ.

A dear friend of mine always reminds me that...
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

;) I love you friend!

Dita said...

I am in tears over here....Isabella is beyond precious...you are all in my prayers, Daleea.....

xoxoxoxo
Dita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...