Isabella is so amazing! She is so brave and precious and sweet and funny and smart and adorable and beautiful and .... i could go on and on. She was very scared the first day , yet handled it with such courage. I can't imagine what was going through her mind and her heart, and it was hard on her.
Yesterday as we went to the shoping center she held on to the little picture book of her family... she would not let it go. When we walked hand in hand she held on to her little book of our pictures with the other. She allowed me to put the pink teddy bear we sent her into my backpak but not her treasured book of our pictures. Something about the way she looked as she walked through the market... so sweet, so tiny and vulnerable, trusting only her mama.... it was so precious yet it haunts me.... there was a sadness there and vunerability I cannot describbe..... but she is brave and strong like her big brother and I know hse will be just fine.
We are completely off her schedule and she was over stimulated and didnot take a nap which led to being over tired and wired! WOW! She is a hoot! She played and played.... laughed and laughed and of coarse mama made the mistake of buying her a little zylephone with a little hammer and balls that pop out... well my baby likes to bang on things and make noise... I have been trying to explaine the word gentle... and the word, No and No No... HA! She cracks up everytime I tell her no... she thinks it is a game... she wrinkles up her little nose and smiles this huge, amazing, infectious, adorable smile and just giggles as she does it harder! I finally knew I was in for trouble if I didn't establish a few boundaries even though I want to just spoiil her and cater to her in the beginning.... So, when I told her no no and she keeps doing it I take what she is doing it with away and oh, my...... my baby has lungs! heeheee but after only a few times she is starting to understand.... there are so many behaviors that come from life in the orphanage.... survial of the fittest..... it breaks my heart yet, I praise and thank Jesus for answering our prayers as I do believe it iws evident that He has guarded her heart, her mind, her body and her soul as we have prayed and prayed and asked Him to..... Thank You Lord, Jesus for watching over our little Isabella.....
She is waking up and I want to go cuddle so I am off... hopefully will be a ble to take pics of her this aternoon. very hard and time consuming for me to post here so will when I can.
Love to you all and God bless you.... you have been such a blessing to us!
6 comments:
HOORAY for Mama & Isabella!!! My family and I just thoroughly enjoyed your posts about your sassy girl. We can't wait to hear more details and see more pics. We're lifting you two up in prayer. Take care of Emily Margaret's bestie!
God's blessings friend,
Sarah :D
Daleea - Izzy is precious...pure joy! I'm so excited to read each post and to experience your firsts with her. Praying for God's soft touch on her heart to know you as her forever momma and know she is safe with you! HUGs!
Thank you for another update. I am eating them up. I love your descriptions of Isabella. Praying for you all.
OH Daleea, She sounds like a dream. She also sounds like she is cut out of the same cloth as Luke. Funny and Fun and sweet and I am so greatful to our Heavenly Father for protecting our babies while they were there. Enjoy your time with your precious daughter!
Praying for you Girls!!! I am enjoying reading about your journey. Xoxo Michele
Daleea, I began following you through the 3 Peanuts blog and Robin's blog when I started making some dresses for her auction. Your story is amazing! So glad you all are together now and sweet Isabella's heart will heal quickly with the love of such a great family! Praying you home...
Kim and Katiebug
Post a Comment