30 July 2012

Life in the Colonia























Many of the families at Calvary Chapel Roatan live in the colonia just up the hill from the church. 
This is one of my favorite places to visit in the world... each time we go there, the Lord has beautiful divine appointments for us where we get to minister to brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who do not yet know Him. 
I asked Tia, our Pastor's wife, "Why are there not any elderly people here?  I have only seen three elderly people since we have arrived here."  She replied, "Because there aren't any.  Most people don't live that long here." 
Pray for the people of Roatan.  It is a very difficult life here, filled with many hardships for most people. 

4 comments:

April said...

How heartbreaking that people don't live that long. I'm so glad you are there sharing the Lord with them in their short lives. What BEAUTIFUL pictures. Praying for these precious people. I love you.

The Byrd's Nest said...

This type of life IS so hard! But do you notice they always have a smile on their faces? Heartbreaking and humbling...I love you:)

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

My Sweet Friend...

How I enjoyed your pics....you sure have an eye for capturing a story...no words needed....

God bless the people of Roatan. I will continue to pray for them and for your family as well.

Something that struck me...was how happy everyone looks...minus all the superficial, materialistic world that so many of us live in here in the states.

I look forward to more stories...

May Jesus wrap His loving arms around you and keep you safe.

luv
me

3 Peanuts said...

Thinking of you and praying for the people you are serving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...