But God is on the throne.... He hears my prayers, His plans for me are so much greater than anything I could have ever imagined for myself. He used my desire for my children to teach me things that He would not have been able to teach me any other way... Years ago, when I hit bottom and thought I would never hold my babies in my arms... completely broken and almost with out hope He whispered to my heart.... "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want..." I know Lord, I know.... You will give me everything that I truly need! Well, I am telling You that I truly Need children! "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want...." He whispered this to me for 3 days..... Three of the darkest days of my life, I was drowning in a sea of despair and thought I would surely die of a broken heart.... then I finally got it..... "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want..." It isn't that Jesus will give me everything that I Need... It is that He IS ALL I TRULY NEED! He is my God, my Lord, my Savior, my friend.... No matter what happens in this life or doesn't happen, it is ok because I have Jesus, and He has me.... He has me in His loving arms, He has me in his heart, He has me in His plans... and oh, what amazing, merciful, beautiful, loving plans they are. He is able.... He is faithful.... Nothing is impossible with God and His timing is perfect.... As I was going through that time of despair it was after my husband had decided to wait on adopting for various reasons. Now I know it was because my precious son and daughter had not been born yet. Thank You Jesus for loving me enough to not give into my broken heart... For giving me Your strength and grace to get through each day, each month, each year, each birthday until Your perfect timing, Your perfect plan for my life, until it could come to pass.... You led us around the world to Russia and to China to find the Jewels of My Heart... I was 37 the first time I held my beautiful son Nicholas in my arms and 41 the first time I held my beautiful daughter Hannah in my arms. They were oh, so worth the wait but I am so thankful the wait is over and they are home safely in their Mama's arms... This will be the best birthday ever......... I am blessed among the blessed and am now feeling like celebrating this Happy day..... I wouldn't turn back the clock for anything in the world.... Life is sweet.... I am a Mom.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
For the Mothers who are waiting to hold their babies in their arms... take heart, stay the coarse... trust Jesus, He knows who and where your precious children are, He is watching over them and He will lead you to them. Let Him be your comfort, strength and refuge....
He is faithful.
God's Speed
12 comments:
"But God is on the throne......"
In that I take comfort, find my peace and know that He is ALWAYS in control !
Beautiful post.
Happy, Happy (early!) Birthday......ah, anyone can 'be' happy - how about, instead, I say:
Have a Joy Filled Birthday, beautiful woman of Christ !!
I like that better!
Blessings~
Daleea,
This is a beautiful post. It made me cry because reading it was as if you were telling parts my story. I am still waiting and still praying for that peace and for my daughter. Some days are oh so hard, but most days I trust the path. Thank you for sharing this. It is so true.
Happy Birthday Week! I will be 42 in a few weeks, too! :)
Happy Early Birthday wishes!
Thank you for sharing that and helping me to see that there is an end and a reason.
Keep smilin!
Blessed Birthday to you! Your post made me tear up. I also spent years angry at my body and at God for not giving me what I thought I needed. When I finally admitted to myself and to God that I was angry, but then accepted His timing (after all, it's perfect!!) I felt peace for the first time in years. God's plan for me was biological children...three miracles! Now that my youngest is almost 3, I'm again looking at adoption thinking that there is another (possibly 2!) of my children out there in the world somewhere.
I'm so glad that you can see God's plan for your life, and that this year you get to hug those "jewels of your heart" instead of just dream of them. Aren't children just wonderful??!!!! God is amazing!
Blessings-
Andie
What a beautiful family photo and such a touching and emotional post! Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope you have the best birthday ever! P.S. I changed my blog (again!) I can't seem to find the right "fit" and sometimes I want to write about how I feel and not just about the good things in my life. I'm feeling a bit melancholy too - the weather is dreary; so am I. Come by my place for cookies, coffee and a chat :) maybe we can shake these blues
Just what I needed to read and fill my heart with. I have been so very blue and depressed these last few weeks with the hope and the frustration of the Wait for Tate. I need to remember to trust in the Lord.
Have a happy birthday with your two jewels!!!
Hugs
Lisa
That is a beautiful picture and a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing those kind words.
Happy early Birthday...still a Youngin!!
Happy Birthday.....that was a beautiful post! ;)
Happy Birthday a day early! Nice post, made me cry! :)
Thank you!
I wish you a wonderful birthday.
Your family is so beautiful. Your story is so similar to mine...I am still waiting though...
Your post was amazing...and I thank you for the reminders of hope fulfilled. Happy Birthday!
I just came across your blog and what a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes as I read. Thanks for reminding me to keep the faith during this difficult wait! And Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment