
They who leave, planting seeds with tears, will surely return with joy, carrying their sheaves with them.
Painting by Lori Vafiades
It has been brought to my attention by a comment left that the beautiful words above was not a quote written by the artist but is indeed a verse from the Bible. I apologize for my mistake. I found the scripture, it is Psalm 126:5-6. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone. I know Jesus forgives me as He has forgiven me for all of my sins.
Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy.
He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalm 126:5-6
New King James
10 comments:
Beautiful.
WOW... this spoke to my heart, deeply.
Pretty!
great first...thanks for sharing...:)
Love the picture. I will for sure google the artist! ;)
Took me three reads to soak it in. Very nice. Thanks for your kind wors too regarding my sitting in the shower. I think about that quote to wrote, about the dancer. Do yo have it in full I'd like to read it.
It's funny that you cite a Biblical quotation as though it were thought up by some woman! Nice picture, but don't lay claim the quotation as well..!
Dear anonymous, Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I apologize for my ignorance. I am a Christian and have read the Word of God several times however I must admit I do not know it by heart....
So, I hope everyone will forgive me for this mistake... I know the words touched my heart and I will find out what verse it is and correct my mistake.
Thank You once again for bringing it to my attention and I apologize if I have offended anyone.
Daleea
My dear, anyone who is offended by anything you post must not read Jewels of My Heart often. And such a person really doesn't know as much about the Bible as they might imagine if they are critical of you in any way.
Again, you brighten my life with all that you share. I look forward to your blog even though I don't comment very often.
To my anonymous friend,
You are so sweet and from the bottom of my heart I say, "Thank You and May God Bless You."
Daleea
Post a Comment