Years ago my husband and I visited my Aunt in Las Vegas. We went to Sam's Town which is a casino with a Western theme. They used to have a huge General Store filled with nostalgic nick knacks from the Old West. As the three of us were wondering around I kept seeing big whiskey barrels filled with hard dome shaped bowel looking things made of leather. They came in all sizes big and small and each one had a hard leather strap attached. They reminded me of Viking Hats only without the horns attached. I thought they were some funky little hats for the kids and I have never been one to pass up a FUNKY HAT! So I rummaged through the barrel and selected a rather large one that I thought might fit me. I proceeded to place it on top of my head and tried to stretch the strap under my chin. My husband was becoming embarrassed at his goofy wife's antics and I was becoming dumbfounded as to why they would use a leather strap that wouldn't stretch easily..... I started to feel a little sheepish as I began to think perhaps this wasn't a hat after all...... I looked around and there was a young man standing behind the counter about 10 feet away ashen white with mouth agape and eyes bugging out at me....
"Is this a hat?" I asked.....
"No Mam, it's what makes a bull a bull..." he politely replied.
It took me my mind a moment to grasp just what he was telling me and when I did my mouth fell open and I was horrified. My Aunt and I were laughing hysterically and Jeremy was traumatized that his wife had this "Thing" on her head!
Well, there you have it.... a little bit of me... If there is a wacky hat I can't pass it up and I might be the only person to have the claim to fame... " I had a bull's you know what on my head." Who would have thought!

So this is a TAG I am starting... If you would like to share one of your MOST EMBARRASSING moments please let me know in the comments so I can visit your blog and laugh too. Or if you just feel so much closer to me now that I have shared this life changing experience with you please comment on that too!
9 comments:
I wanted to comment but couldn't! I think we have all had those funny, embarrasing moments. :)
We do love you! :)
That is a great embarrassing moment! Love it! I'll try to think of one to post, cool tag idea too.
Ok so let me get this right... you had bull testicals on your head?! Wow. That is something.... I don't know if I could top it... let me try and think.... ok the one that comes to mind most recently is this: I work as a labour nurse, a few months ago I was checking the cervical dialation of a very sweet patient. I try to be very discrete and sensitive when I do this as it requires me to put my fingers deep into the vagina and "see with my fingertips" the diameter of her cervix. this is an art. It took me a long time to learn this this correctly.
So here I am doing this exam (called a V.E. in medical jargon)with lots of lube and my figures go in the right place but one of my remaining curled figures slips.......ooops!!! In the pooper.
Poor pt never said anything and I felt mortified. But there you have it.
FYI long ago, like maybe going back 80 years I think, all cervical exams were done rectally. Now that must have been an artform to do.
That is too funny!!! I would have been clueless as to that item too!! I am always enbarrasing myself so coming up with just one would be hard....
Hugs
Lisa
Thank you everyone for your posts! Makes me feel much better.lol
Elizabeth, you are so funny and I am so sorry for that slip of the finger.... Oh, MY!
LOL
You def made me laugh with this one! I will have to think of one! Oh I have it I was at work as a Dental Assistant in 1986 and asked the Doctor in front of lots of people if he had ever heard of ---------- orgasim. I had meant to say organism. Everyone was hysterical and I was super red!
Samantha that is so funny. I would have died. When I was a bank teller my friend instant messaged me a Wink that had these mugs of frosty beer... even though I never liked the taste of beer I went to message her back "mmmmmmm tasty"
Well, just as I went to type "tasty" this man walked up to my window and I said, "Hi, may I taste you?" I thought I would die!!!! He pretended like he didn't hear. Everyone was cracking up!
That is crazy!!! I am blushing for you!!! LOL
I hope you went home and washed your hair... twice...
;)
Christine
http://sophiafeiling.blogspot.com/
Very funny! I wish we had a photo to see what you looked like!
KIm
I have one that happened recently I'll post it this weekend.
Kim
Post a Comment