22 June 2007

TOAD POOP....

So last night after dinner we let the kids play in the sprinklers. Nicholas and Hannah were having a ball and then Daddy decided to grab the sprinkler and get Nicholas. I was laughing and minding my own business and the next thing I know I am being soaked myself. Finally Dad turned the hose ( he had taken the sprinkler off to get us better) on himself and that made everything ok. As long as he was soaked too I was happy. I was wearing my Crocs (I live in my Crocs) and they were soaked and slippery so I left them on the patio to dry. A thoughtful little Toad left me a gift... Toad Poop in my Croc! Ewwwwwwwwwwww That is just not right! I am a friend to toads. I think they are cute and I appreciate them. Every evening when I see one or more I greet them. Not an in depth conversation mind you.... just a line or two.... but always..... "Hello, little toad... eat lots of bugs." We used to have a dog that wouldn't leave them alone and I would even engage in a Toad rescue, relocation program. (very impressed are you...)
I would catch them and move them to the front flower bed so they wouldn't be harassed by the dog. And this is the thanks I get! Hmmmmmmmphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
And now, with out further ado.... in true blogger fashion... the picture you have all been waiting for... I give you......


TOAD POOP


I also would like to say that I seem to have a POOP theme going around here... I have a female cardinal that since yesterday keeps coming at my window over and over and POOPING on my patio. Needless to say Hannah little miss BABY ON THE GO found the poop (naturally) and picked it up with her fingers... "Oh, that's nice..." Last week she found toad poop (it was a much larger specimen) and by the time I got to her she had broken it up with her sweet little fingers and there were little bug parts all over and her fingers were jet black.... The one good thing... the toads ARE eating lots of bugs.

Disclaimer: For anyone out there tsk tsking me I assure you I watch her like a hawk. But as you Mommies know... it only takes a second...

24 comments:

Julie said...

hee hee ... toad poop ...:o)

C's Mom said...

I had those very same crocs...they were sacrificed to placenta 'poop' :0)

Somehow, it looks like Mr. Toad's is easier to clean up!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I Chee Mama Connie.... but you do have the stories to tell. lol I have to say the toad poop will see soap and water but I too think I couldn't get past Placenta Poop.... Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Catherine said...

Whatever did we do with all these momentous times in our lives before we blogged? So many good 'toad poop moments' just lost. heehee!

Ya made me smile!

I don't have crocs yet but will shortly I'm sure.

mommy24treasures said...

toad poop, hmm...I don't know that we have any toads...I was leaving in a mad rush to get Chloe to dance class on time once, stopped to grab the garbage to pull to the road and a flock of birds were flying over and you guessed it. SUPER YUCKY.
At least you didn't put your crocs on.

Polar Bear said...

I must say - toad poop would be better than mouse poop in my humble opinion.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

YUCK! I can't imagine a toad pooping in my crocks! EWWWW! I won't be leaving my crocks outside any more ~ thank you very much :D

insanemommy said...

I don't know that I would have known that was toad poop. I wouuld have thought a wild animal poo'd in my shooooe. Eeeeewww

Sophie's Mom said...

Crocs are so comfy, aren't they? Ugly, but comfy. (I have 2 pair!) ;)

I wouldn't have known it was a toad either. Toad poop is way better than puppy poop... which I just had to clean up... arg...

Christine

3 Peanuts said...

YUCK! Sorry about the poop;(

Kim

Sonya said...

GROSS!

Holly said...

EWWWWW!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Too funny! Here's to a little less poop in your life!

Steffie B. said...

Ok....I am going to vomit now!

Don and Be said...

Toad poop in a Croc. A true Kodak moment. A photographic FIRST I believe.

redmaryjanes said...

You know, I guess I'm just used to poop after 3 kids and numerous pets. Bring it on! I can fix anything with a wet wipe!

crazylady said...

question: do you have a poo chart that tells you who produced what poo?
Telling poop must require some investigation...lacking in your post.
Did you touch it? Measure it?
Can you read the poop like Turkish coffee left in the cup?

Jewels of My Heart said...

Lol CrazyLady... I do not have a doctrinate in Poop... however I have always been somewhat of a student... since I was a young girl and spent so much time outside and like to figure out what tracks belonged to who and what POOP belonged to who... such as Coyote scat...that's right, I said "SCAT" that is the official word for Coyote poop... are you impressed????
Regarding toad poop... we have lots of little green frogs and lots of toads of all sizes ranging from small to large. Upon examination (no, I did not touch it but might have jabbed it with a stick or two) I have deducted what toad poop looks like due to the size that matches a toad I saw the night before and it is comprised primarely of bugs.... lot's and lot's of bugs....
I also have gecco poop on my front porch all of the time.... but that's another story... heehee

Lisa said...

That this is a funny post! Toad poop in a shoe! Thankds for the comment on my blog. I have enjoyed reading your post. Hannah is a PRECIOUS little girl!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

LOL! Is toad poop, like hummingbird poop, supposed to be good luck? :)

t~ said...

I've got frog poop the size of Texas on my front lanai...okay, maybe more like Rhode Island, but still...it's obnoxious!

t~ said...

I've got frog poop the size of Texas on my front lanai...okay, maybe more like Rhode Island, but still...it's obnoxious!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing this! We just moved, and I've been noticing this wierd poop in our garage. It's not from a dog or cat, but what????? Hubby thinks it might be raccoon or possum, but I don't thing they would regularly visit our garage without us noticing, or them doing a lot of damage, or our dog going nuts. We do, however, see lots of toads in the garage. Their poop is mega-size compared to their little bodies, though, which is why he thinks it's not from toads.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Dear anonymous, I am amazed at the size of the logs they leave on my porch. lol
If when it dries and you go to throw it away and it breaks up and is comprised of bugs (you can actually see their little bug parts) my professional opinion is that it is TOAD POOP! hehee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...