One of the first things I noticed about your blog was the sweet, hopefulness in your son's eyes. He has a spirit that radiates kindness...I wish him good luck throughout his life.
The Lord is so good! We are so blessed to be chosen for these beautiful children.
Thank you for your wonderful Christian witness to those who view your site. I am stuck every time I read your post and I see the Lord working through you and what you say.
I was not prepared for how that was going to make me feel. I am in tears. He is beautiful. I send my love to both of you and your entire family. Such a beautiful family you are.
Oh my, that was beautiful. He is just SO precious. He reminds me so much of friends of ours' little boy who came home last summer from Omsk, in fact I had to stop midway to look at his picture. His mother died and was left with no family. He was 2 when they brought him home. Like your son, he is the most perfect and precious little boy. God has answered your prayer, how BLESSED you are.
I am speechless and can barely see these words I am typing for the tears that are just streaming down my face. What words are there for this? None. Except to say that I have fallen head over heels for your precious boy today...
Oh, Daleea where to begin. Your post today was so touching. Nicholas is beautiful. Sweet. Gorgeous. You are his mommy. His "real" mommy.
I'm curious what you were feeling the first time you met Nicholas? If this is too personal I understand. Were you nervous? What was Nicholas's reaction Did you have contact with him prior to adopting?
I have a potential family who is requesting to adopt an older child.(4-5 years old) They would love to talk to someone who has first hand experience with this. Would you be interested in speaking to them?
Rony, you are so right! I am his REAL Mommy. Even though it is sad how many times someone has asked me about his "real" Mom. I am right here! The first time I met my son... There aren't words to truly describe... I was a little nervous but the excitment of holding my child in my arms and knowing he was finally going to be safe and happy with his FOREVER family far outweighed any nerves. We went to the family's home that he was with. When they brought him through the door he had a big smile on his face. They had been telling him that his new Mommy and Daddy were coming to take him home. I told him in Russian, "Hello, I am your Mommy. I love you. This is the toy dog I got for you." Then gave him his stuffed puppy. We all went inside and he immediately was in his Daddy's lap showing him his Scooby Doo stuffed animal. (My agency had told me we were going to meet with the attorney and to dress professionally, I was in heels and in a skirt suit. I think I looked a little intimadating at first but after just a few minutes he was in my arms.) Nicholas was smiling all day and showing us all that he could do... He was such a proud little guy. We all spent the day together and then when it was time to go we went into his room to pack him up. He was helping his Daddy pack up his toys and was ready to go. That evening they took Nicholas, Jeremy and I back to the hotel. The bond was instant. I was in tears so many times that day... I would just look at him and start crying. I did this for months... he still teases me about it. I told him when he is 40 I will look at him and start crying because I love him so much and just can't believe how blessed I am. I KNOW the Lord was answering our prayers and He did guard Nicholas' heart, mind, body and soul. Only God had protected His little mind and heart from the disruption. I know he loves the family but he knew we were his Mommy and Daddy. I think it is wonderful that the couple is adopting an older child. We did have some behavior issues. By the grace of God and Holding therepy we have overcome them together. We also got to have lots of firsts with Nicholas... He was so sheltered in Siberia so there was so much he never had experienced before. Please give them my email and tell them I would love to talk with them any time... just put something in the subject bar so I will know you sent them and open it up. Love ya friend, Daleea
OK girlie, you are killin' me with all of this...I broke down into the ugly cry by the end! (Lily is wondering what is wrong with mommy.)
Your story is beautiful. Nicholas is such a sweet, sweet boy. His eyes really do sparkle and his smile could light up any room. What wonderful miracles both your children are. And you are a mommy who doesn't take any of it for granted and I adore that about you.
ok so i watched both videos and now need a box of tissues ... i still cry when i watch emily's video ...those will be videos they will cherish one day ... thanks for sharing your jewels are handsome and beautiful !!
D, I just watched this as I wanted to learn more about your Russian adoption and I am in floods of tears! Nicholas is simply beautiful, or er should I say handsome ;) I'd love to learn more about your adoption journey, could I email you? Kate http://aspecialfamily.wordpress.com
23 comments:
Ok,, I am in tears.
That was so beautiful!
I loved it... He is such a handsome young man. Through the photos I see his sweet spirit. Such a gift. A true precious jewel.
One of the first things I noticed about your blog was the sweet, hopefulness in your son's eyes. He has a spirit that radiates kindness...I wish him good luck throughout his life.
Ok, you get a prize. You have me in tears for the first time in ages.
How beautiful that was!
The Lord is so good! We are so blessed to be chosen for these beautiful children.
Thank you for your wonderful Christian witness to those who view your site. I am stuck every time I read your post and I see the Lord working through you and what you say.
Now I need to go find a tissue.
I was not prepared for how that was going to make me feel. I am in tears. He is beautiful. I send my love to both of you and your entire family. Such a beautiful family you are.
Oh my, that was beautiful. He is just SO precious.
He reminds me so much of friends of ours' little boy who came home last summer from Omsk, in fact I had to stop midway to look at his picture. His mother died and was left with no family. He was 2 when they brought him home. Like your son, he is the most perfect and precious little boy.
God has answered your prayer, how BLESSED you are.
ps love your choice of songs :D
That was beautiful.....my mascara is everywhere....
Moved me to tears....
Thank you so much for sharing on this very special day.
Beautiful beyond words...
I am speechless and can barely see these words I am typing for the tears that are just streaming down my face. What words are there for this? None. Except to say that I have fallen head over heels for your precious boy today...
happy 5 years together- what a blessing he is
I have to say.... you can't help but fall in love with my Nicholas...
Oh, Daleea where to begin. Your post today was so touching. Nicholas is beautiful. Sweet. Gorgeous. You are his mommy. His "real" mommy.
I'm curious what you were feeling the first time you met Nicholas? If this is too personal I understand. Were you nervous? What was Nicholas's reaction Did you have contact with him prior to adopting?
I have a potential family who is requesting to adopt an older child.(4-5 years old) They would love to talk to someone who has first hand experience with this. Would you be interested in speaking to them?
The video is beautiful ... and your son absolutely gorgeous!
Rony, you are so right! I am his REAL Mommy. Even though it is sad how many times someone has asked me about his "real" Mom. I am right here!
The first time I met my son... There aren't words to truly describe... I was a little nervous but the excitment of holding my child in my arms and knowing he was finally going to be safe and happy with his FOREVER family far outweighed any nerves. We went to the family's home that he was with. When they brought him through the door he had a big smile on his face. They had been telling him that his new Mommy and Daddy were coming to take him home. I told him in Russian, "Hello, I am your Mommy. I love you. This is the toy dog I got for you." Then gave him his stuffed puppy. We all went inside and he immediately was in his Daddy's lap showing him his Scooby Doo stuffed animal. (My agency had told me we were going to meet with the attorney and to dress professionally, I was in heels and in a skirt suit. I think I looked a little intimadating at first but after just a few minutes he was in my arms.) Nicholas was smiling all day and showing us all that he could do... He was such a proud little guy. We all spent the day together and then when it was time to go we went into his room to pack him up. He was helping his Daddy pack up his toys and was ready to go. That evening they took Nicholas, Jeremy and I back to the hotel. The bond was instant. I was in tears so many times that day... I would just look at him and start crying. I did this for months... he still teases me about it. I told him when he is 40 I will look at him and start crying because I love him so much and just can't believe how blessed I am. I KNOW the Lord was answering our prayers and He did guard Nicholas' heart, mind, body and soul. Only God had protected His little mind and heart from the disruption. I know he loves the family but he knew we were his Mommy and Daddy.
I think it is wonderful that the couple is adopting an older child. We did have some behavior issues. By the grace of God and Holding therepy we have overcome them together. We also got to have lots of firsts with Nicholas... He was so sheltered in Siberia so there was so much he never had experienced before.
Please give them my email and tell them I would love to talk with them any time... just put something in the subject bar so I will know you sent them and open it up.
Love ya friend,
Daleea
What a beautiful slideshow of your two jewels!! The love in your family shines through!
~Dawn
OK girlie, you are killin' me with all of this...I broke down into the ugly cry by the end! (Lily is wondering what is wrong with mommy.)
Your story is beautiful. Nicholas is such a sweet, sweet boy. His eyes really do sparkle and his smile could light up any room. What wonderful miracles both your children are. And you are a mommy who doesn't take any of it for granted and I adore that about you.
What a beautiful video..you are one lucky Mama!
OMG! I love your video that you made for your son.....It was a tear jerker for me. Oh how he will treasure this while he grows.
Great job. ~Michele
AWWW!!! That was sooo sweet! What program did you use to do it? Just leave a comment on my blog if you will!
Wonderful post. Beautiful slideshow.
ok so i watched both videos and now need a box of tissues ... i still cry when i watch emily's video ...those will be videos they will cherish one day ... thanks for sharing your jewels are handsome and beautiful !!
Beautiful post. You have me in tears! You were meant to be a "Mama"!
D, I just watched this as I wanted to learn more about your Russian adoption and I am in floods of tears! Nicholas is simply beautiful, or er should I say handsome ;)
I'd love to learn more about your adoption journey, could I email you?
Kate
http://aspecialfamily.wordpress.com
Post a Comment